• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JUNE 2011 Pick-Up Post! Show Us Your Goods! (Real pics or BAN!)!

mr_toa

28jjupu.jpg

Pristine condition, not a scratch or anything - lovely :-D.

Got inspired by http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28231017&postcount=66 :p

mehdi_san

DXPett1 said:
Before
http://twitpic.com/show/large/59w71r.jpg[IMG]

[b]After[/b]
[img]http://twitpic.com/show/large/59w77z.jpg[img]

[b]Bonus![/b] [spoiler]Why show a TV off with Nature Docos or Action movies when you can have Mikie Hara instead[/spoiler]
[img]http://twitpic.com/show/large/59w81e.jpg

59w837.jpg

Sony KDL40EX720 ^_^
Sir, you have great taste! Mikie Hara is just so beautiful :)

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
ReBurn said:
Got these this week:

vpu69z.jpg

Target had SSFIV for PS3 in the bargain bin, so I grabbed it for just under $15. Also grabbed Back to the Future in sucky cheap 3 disc packaging for $15. Retail is $20. Told the dude in electronics that I read it was going to be $15 on Sunday and he went ahead and gave it to me for $15 today.

Oh? I just bought it two days ago for 20$.

I think i still have the receipt somewhere, I'm going to see if they will give me back the difference.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
why so sad ._.

Gvaz

Banned
DXPett1 said:
Sony KDL40EX720 ^_^
I forget the name right now but I think wal-mart is selling a 40" 1080p lcd tv for like $340 right now.

I'd buy it but I don't have that much money.

Pick ups from May/June/Birthday!

DSC01996.jpg

Skull Candy Titan Rastas

DSC01999.jpg

Some english beer my friends were kind enough to bring over for me when they came to visit

DSC02003.jpg

Games + White PS3 controller

DSC02005.jpg

3DS and Street Fighter 4 3D

DSC02006.jpg

30 for 30 Vol. 2, Treme Season 1, Walking Dead Season 1

DSC02008.jpg

Circa Lopez

DSC02009.jpg

Emerica Reynolds

DSC02010.jpg

DSC02013.jpg

Ralph Loren bathing suits and two Ralph T-shirts

DSC02014.jpg

Toronto Blue Jays and NY Giants Hat

DSC02016.jpg

German Nation Team Football jersey

DSC02017.jpg

Yes Boss!

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Got a few things today. Asin's big return to Tamil cinema, thankfully on Ayngaran BD:

d8e18e90.jpg

And a bit late to the party (love buying UMDs!):

3c1aeab8.jpg

20k6osx.jpg

and from the Welcome Back promo... Killzone: Liberation and Pursuit Force for the PSP, and inFamous and Super Stardust HD for the PS3.

Alchemy Goods - Night Out Wallet
HNI_0028.jpg

Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami. I had to rebuy it, I gave my first copy away to a friend
HNI_0029.jpg

Blue Valentine written and directed by Derek Cianfrance
HNI_0030.jpg

Old crappy sub
9P4nl.jpg

A challenger appears
1THSb.jpg

This thing is huge!
2xZBT.jpg

Rythmik 15" FV15HP sub.
2DkWn.jpg

Grille off!
ilJzB.jpg

For some reason The Last Guardian is what pushed me over the edge to buy this. I was going to get a new sub regardless but the thought of playing that particular game with this sub just put it over the top. Hopefully that game actually uses the LFE to a great extent.

DXPett1

seattle7997 said:
Who's the girl in the third picture? She's gorgeous.

Wazzim said:
I see you had a fun night, name?

Mikie Hara, Japanese Idol (model) ;)

Gvaz said:
I forget the name right now but I think wal-mart is selling a 40" 1080p lcd tv for like $340 right now.

I'd buy it but I don't have that much money.

Sorry, AusGAFer here so Walmart means little to me. For anyone interested I paid 1250 with little to no haggling. Originally looking at the CX520 but considering with the EX720 its a new model, Edge LED lit w/ dimming, 3D inbuilt, DNLA client & 240Hz (its really 120Hz with some magic) it was hard to pass up.

mehdi_san said:
Sir, you have great taste! Mikie Hara is just so beautiful :)

Thanks :) Judging from your avatar is that from Hong Kong? If so, you sir also have fine taste

Baconbitz

Banned
Sorry for the crappy phone pics. My camera batteries were dead.

To see bigger pictures click each image!

So, I have had (kinda) a hell with the new EGM. I never got the code to acess EGMi in my first issue. I had to wait till the may issue. The may issue never came so I called them. July issue has come. I'm gonna check later to see if it has my code. If not this might put me over the edge.

Today I went to a yardsale to help my Mother out. Besides what you see below he had a three NES's. One being a toploader NES that was overpriced for being sold at a yardsale.

Finally, my Aunt was there too. She bought these and asked if I wanted one so I said "sure". They're for really hot days like now. You soak it in water and wrap it around your head/neck when doing stuff like yard work. They're called "Kool ties" if anyone cares.

Asparagus

Enjoying Wipeout 3: SE's widescreen support, Rival Schools was an unplanned purchase but for 50p you can't really go wrong.

u8Qgh.jpg

PoltiTepes

Neo Member
Ye I know I wasnt expecting to find it neither but somehow the Virgin Store in Toulouse (France) put in for sale already. I got it yesterday.

june.jpg

The photo doesn't seem to want to go any upload any bigger than that. So for those of you that can't see:

Frank Herbert's Dune
Philip K, Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Warhawk
Uncharted 2
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
LBP2
inFamous 2
GT5
God of War III
Demon's Souls

I think I'm done for the summer.

Gamble

New Wallet after my GF washed my old one by accident
5827678144_d5e0387242_m.jpg

Got on sale @ Gamestop for $30
5827629260_13a4072846_m.jpg

Couldn't resist
5827624466_6ea20182b0_m.jpg

11 weeks old, went into the pet store for bearded dragon food and somehow my GF manged to get us walking out with a kitten....
5827072585_66f9470c88_m.jpg

JonCha

Ordered something from 34-36 comics form Mile High Comics. Grand total of £37.

Should also add I ordered from issues 175-205. Couldn't get #182, #183, #192, #195 and #197.

uqWX8.jpg

rQFqR.jpg

HildyB

Gamble said:
11 weeks old, went into the pet store for bearded dragon food and somehow my GF manged to get us walking out with a kitten....
5827072585_66f9470c88_m.jpg

*sniffle* Reminds me of my best friend, Hobbes.. I miss that little guy. Yours looks just like him.

mehdi_san

DXPett1 said:
Mikie Hara, Japanese Idol (model) ;)

Sorry, AusGAFer here so Walmart means little to me. For anyone interested I paid 1250 with little to no haggling. Originally looking at the CX520 but considering with the EX720 its a new model, Edge LED lit w/ dimming, 3D inbuilt, DNLA client & 240Hz (its really 120Hz with some magic) it was hard to pass up.

Thanks :) Judging from your avatar is that from Hong Kong? If so, you sir also have fine taste
It's actually in Kamakura, a very beautiful old city not very far from where I live :)

Gameboy415

JonCha said:
[Sonic comics]

Nice! I'm going to try to get caught up at some point myself.
I have every issue/spin-off/mini-series up through ~2005 (up to around issue #153 of the main series, I think) so I have a lot to track down. :S
I've seen yearly-sets on Archie's website but I'm not sure if they're "direct editions" like the ones you'd buy in comic shops. They're pretty cheap though.

Anywho, here's my recent pickups:

Flea Market finds:
1106FleaMarket1.jpg

Genesis - Battletoads-Double Dragon - $5
Genesis - Marsupilami - yet another addition to my collection of Disney games
Genesis - Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster's Hidden Treasure - $5 w/Marsupilami
NES - Classic Concentration - one of my favorite childhood game shows!!
NES - DuckTales - FINALLY.
NES - Rainbow Islands - I have Bubble Bobble (NES) and Parasol Stars (TG16) so I figured I'd complete the trilogy :)
NES - Yo! Noid - I know it's bad but I've wanted this game forever! hahaha

Games:
1106Nintendo1.jpg

3DS - Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle - Randomly found this for $15 @ Goodwill
DS - Ivy the Kiwi? - $8.99 @ Best Buy
DS - Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword - $9.99 @ Sears

1106Sony1.jpg

PS3 - Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time - $12.99 @ Sears! :D
PSP - Dead Head Fred - cheap and looked interesting
PSP - Half-Minute Hero - finally found a decent copy @ Gamestop
PS3 - Aliens Vs. Predator CE - Dirt cheap on Amazon. Just wanted the Steelbook but the Facehugger is pretty cool too!
PS2 - Persona 3 FES - $12.99 @ Sears
PS2 - Obscure: The Aftermath - under $10 @ Sears

1106Points1.jpg

Wii Point Card x 5
3DS eShop Card x 5 - all of these were 15% off @ Toys R Us (through 6/18)

Movies:
1106Blu1.jpg

Got all of these cheap @ Best Buy and all 4 X-Men movies came with free tickets to see X-Men First Class! :D

MarshMellow96 said:
june.jpg

The photo doesn't seem to want to go any upload any bigger than that. So for those of you that can't see:

Frank Herbert's Dune
Philip K, Dick's Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
Warhawk
Uncharted 2
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
LBP2
inFamous 2
GT5
God of War III
Demon's Souls

I think I'm done for the summer.

You sir, are a scholar and a gentleman.

Fantastic pickups!

mpau25

WOW, those SNES units look brand-spanking new. EBAY? Good job on finding such pristine examples.

dark10x said:
I've purchased a shit ton of retro stuff very recently. Haven't snapped many photos yet, but here's one of the acquisitions.

sfc.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Ajay1986 said:
My purchases so far this month

http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/2115/img0128df.jpg[/QUOTE]

Twilight Samurai is amazing, Yamada's masterpiece for sure ( The Hidden Blade and Love and Honor are also very good but not in Twilight Samurai level), I wish there are more modern Samurai movies like them.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
mr_toa said:
http://i53.tinypic.com/28jjupu.jpg[IMG]

Pristine condition, not a scratch or anything - lovely :-D.

Got inspired by [url]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=28231017&postcount=66[/url] :-P[/QUOTE]

Wasn't expecting a link to my post :o

Gratz. Great having a copy like that isnt it?

Gamble

HildyB said:
*sniffle* Reminds me of my best friend, Hobbes.. I miss that little guy. Yours looks just like him.

she's a little terror at the moment only 11 weeks old and VERY hard headed

enewtabie

Got a Papasan chair for the office from Pier 1. Makes games/work more fun.
A Nike visor along with free food/seats at the Rex Hospital Open at TPC Wakefield Plantation course in Wake Forest,NC
A better holster for carry.
Infamous 2(excellent game btw)
Some gun mags from my future wife and she got me a special cake for my Birthday

5f3ff47f.jpg

6634a3e7.jpg

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
enewtabie said:
Got a Papasan chair for the office from Pier 1. Makes games/work more fun.
A Nike visor along with free food/seats at the Rex Hospital Open at TPC Wakefield Plantation course in Wake Forest,NC
A better holster for carry.
Infamous 2(excellent game btw)
Some gun mags from my future wife and she got me a special cake for my Birthday

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/enewtabie/5f3ff47f.jpg
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v167/enewtabie/6634a3e7.jpg][/QUOTE]

Dat cake.

Happy birthday dude.

Top Bottom