• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Borderlands The Pre-Sequel Walkthrough Video based on Pax East demo

Slag was so damn useless, I hope this game gets good DLC support.

It was sorta useless in the first playthrough. True Vault Hunter and Ultimate Vault hunter it was more useful. In fact in Ultimate Vault Hunter it was practically a necessity to finish that mode.

GamerSoul

I added some things to the OP. There's too much though lol.

I think Randy Pitchford alluded it being smaller than BL2 and possibly not full-price. Hope it's the case.

yea we'll have to wait and see. I'd probably pay 60 for it because I really enjoy the experience and 4 new playable characters will keep me busy for awhile. Saying that, the base game of BL2 was pretty large and it had whole areas that were optional (Caustic Caverns, Lynchwood, Sanctuary Hole, etc) including more areas within others.

It was sorta useless in the first playthrough. True Vault Hunter and Ultimate Vault hunter it was more useful. In fact in Ultimate Vault Hunter it was practically a necessity to finish that mode.

This is true. I still haven't gotten far in UVHM

KAP151

As long as the o2 stuff is more tactical, im fine with it.

I dont want to have to break the action and go searching for a geyser or tank, just to fill my oxygen.

GamerSoul

As long as the o2 stuff is more tactical, im fine with it.

I dont want to have to break the action and go searching for a geyser or tank, just to fill my oxygen.

It's such a easily available resource that It likely won't even effect you. Enemies drop it, you can have players create bubbles of it. Every indoor area it naturally refills in and outdoor areas have generators and geezers in the ground

What he said ^

Eventhough the skill tree may not be final, here's a summary of Athena Phalanx tree I found courtesy of the official forums. This gives you an idea of what Athena was working with in the video.

QwTknou.jpg

Not bad at all AND that's only one branch. Athena will likely be my character.

It's such a easily available resource that It likely won't even effect you. Enemies drop it, you can have players create bubbles of it. Every indoor area it naturally refills in and outdoor areas have generators and geezers in the ground

One could argue that if it is such an easily available resource there is no need to force players to watch the O2 levels and recharge and just let us do the fun stuff they came up with this O2 thing with no need to recharge it. Infinite O2.

Syntax

Looks great, I still need to play Borderlands 2 though.

Heck yes you do.

---

I will say that preview looked good and it'll be interesting to see how Nisha plays.

Not thrilled with more Handsome Jack, though. Even his inclusion in Tiny Tina's dlc was tiresome already. But he does make a good villain, I guess, as I can't stand him after one play through. (Edit: I realize he's not necessarily the villain in this game. He might be, I dunno, but so far it's an origin story, right?)

Never completed UVHM but I have played through the campaign more than once, so I'll also say slag was pretty useless to me.

GamerSoul

One could argue that if it is such an easily available resource there is no need to force players to watch the O2 levels and recharge and just let us do the fun stuff they came up with this O2 thing with no need to recharge it. Infinite O2.

because it's more integrated into the system than just that. it effects how effective fire damage can be, it works with the whole moon premise, adds a level of strategy to how we will approach certain encounters because it also effects enemies, and so on. maybe we will find big enough kits down the road that will make it even mote convenient but I think it's fine as is.

Heck yes you do.

---

I will say that preview looked good and it'll be interesting to see how Nisha plays.

Not thrilled with more Handsome Jack, though. Even his inclusion in Tiny Tina's dlc was tiresome already. But he does make a good villain, I guess, as I can't stand him after one play through. (Edit: I realize he's not necessarily the villain in this game. He might be, I dunno, but so far it's an origin story, right?)

Never completed UVHM but I have played through the campaign more than once, so I'll also say slag was pretty useless to me.

yep he's not yet the Jack we know from BL2 so we get to see how he slowly became that ruthless leader of Hyperion as well as the story of the others.

same I never really used slag but I knew it's importance in Uvhm.

GamerSoul

IGN is doing a week of Borderlands The Pre-Sequel and one of the latest articles gives us some insight on Wilhem's Action Skill. It sounds like a lot of fun!

Wilhelm can definitely take care of himself, but even The Enforcer needs help from time to time. Luckily, in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, his action skill lets him call in two automated drones – Wolf and Saint.

When activated, the robotic pair darts into action. Wolf takes the more aggressive role of laying down fire on enemies. With that support, Wilhelm is free to roam around the battlefield and take out bad guys himself. When he wanders, Wolf will follow his lead and focus fire on the new targets.

Saint stays closer to Wilhelm and replenishes his health, and he also has a protective shield. The makes his skill useful in both offensive and defensive situations.

There a little more at the link.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/30/the-new-skills-of-wilhelm-the-enforcer

And the direct youtube link with the video demoing his skill.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z68U5Impc6o

Just in case you want to see everything the week entailed. Here's a link to the official forum with all the videos/links.
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=373040

Top Bottom