• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel by 2K Australia for 360/PS3/PC

yeah this sounds off to me.. Last gen only?? nope.. They would lose a lot of money.

Worrying about Oxygen? Not a good idea.. takes away from the run and gun aspect, and having fun with the game.. now I basically have a timer to keep restarting??? not for me

Proven

There are how many million last gen systems sold worldwide as compared to next gen systems and people saying their release choice is a bad thing?

It's like a crazy world where we didn't still get amazing releases on PS2 for a few years after the Wii/360/PS3 came out. And we'll probably get a PC port at some point.

Puru

Damn, the feeling when you jump already feels like you were on the moon, i can't even imagine how it will be in this game.

You get a B franchise developer to make an iteration for the largest audience whilst your main team makes a more expensive game for less people.

Only after 2014 would I expect that to stop.

From all the cross gen games this year so far the next gen version outsold their last gen versions, despite only having a combined install base of ~10m vs 170m. I hope people stop using this argument.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Even assuming the project actually exists I sincerely doubt it'd be PS360-exclusive; it'd surely be slated for the PC, too.

Edit: Ah, so the original source mentions the PC in addition to the consoles. Shock and awe. ;)

This year? "All" being what, two games?

Thief, MGS next gen all sold better than last gen, probably the only 2 cross gen games that got released this year so far, if you want more examples, wait for the next one to come out.

Every next gen game will outsell it's last gen version from now on except for the games that casuals buy like Lego, Fifa and CoD because casuals haven't moved to next gen yet.

Quentyn

A lot of sites reporting on it already. Wouldn't surprise me if it is one of those cases where every site knows it's real, but info leaked too early and now they have to pretend they don't know anything.

Even if this is similar to the AC situation with a dedicated current gen game also in development it'd be disappointing if this doesn't get ported over. I love borderlands but don't want to have to go back to my ps3

boeso

I'm always game for more Borderlands but I just dipped into current-gen. For convenience sake, do a port pretty please.

Plasma

Banned
That actually sounds pretty cool, if it does turn out to be true I'd probably pick it up for PC.

I'm guessing that it would be last gen only because Gearbox will make BL3 a next gen only game. Sort of how 2K gave Bioshock 2 to 2K Marin while Irrational was working on Infinite.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
A lot of sites reporting on it already. Wouldn't surprise me if it is one of those cases where every site knows it's real, but info leaked too early and now they have to pretend they don't know anything.

Yeah, Eurogamer isn't even titling this as a rumor or report in their article title or subtitle.

When last asked Randy Pitchford noted any Borderlands games releasing soon would probably have to be cross gen due to how many current gen consoles there are so I suspect this is actually crossgen.

I believe he also said they'd try to get future games on Vita too.

So when you take that into account + him saying that last gen systems would hold BL3 back, it's almost guaranteed that this will be on Vita and likely current gen too.

Thief, MGS next gen all sold better than last gen, probably the only 2 cross gen games that got released this year so far, if you want more examples, wait for the next one to come out.

Every next gen game will outsell it's last gen version from now on except for the games that casuals buy like Lego, Fifa and CoD because casuals haven't moved to next gen yet.

PS3 is still the dominant software platform with 360 taking 3rd place behind PS4. Xbox One is 5th.

That is week on week.

Developing titles for last gen is still perfectly viable. You are looking at a potential install base of 160 million vs 10 million.

Regardless if next gen versions seller better than current gen versions

PS3 is still the dominant software platform with 360 taking 3rd place behind PS4. Xbox One is 5th.

That is week on week.

Developing titles for last gen is still perfectly viable. You are looking at a potential install base of 160 million vs 10 million.

Regardless if next gen versions seller better than current gen versions

It is only the dominant software platform because most of those games aren't available on PS4. If every game released this year so far had a next gen version the PS4 would be the dominant software platform.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

Yeah, I think it's pretty clearly real:

-2K and Gearbox have an announcement at PAX, yet Gearbox only thinks they might announce a game later this year.
-Gearbox noted a lot of people wanted to play a game set on the moon and the space station.
-2K Australia still exists despite Irrational and Marin being shut down. There are "Borderlands things" in development even though Borderlands 3 supposedly hasn't started.
-Randy Pitchford noted that any Borderlands title coming out soon would have to be on current and next-gen because current gen is still too big to ignore.

Insaniac

I won't ever be against more borderlands. But definitely picking this up for PC rather than console (if its real of course)

Kydd BlaZe

Sucks that this isn't releasing on any of the new consoles, but I'll still grab it on PC. I'm a total sucker for Borderlands.

BigDug13

Really, we're going to shackle to last generation?

I probably won't buy this because of that. It's a shame because I really enjoy the series.

It was going to be shackled to UE3 anyway regardless. The PC version of BL2 at 1080p/60fps with physx was quite pretty and just fine for this style of game and art.

They'll probably release some sort of "Borderlands Collection" for the newer systems later.

Top Bottom