• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa 3 (PS4/Vita) Announced

Drago

That announcement and the mention of multiplayer was so confusing

So this is the real deal DR3 right?! fuck I'm so glad

GSR

Super Easy PS4 sale from me. Fuck yeah.

So what does the New and V3 imply? Is this just a straight Danganronpa 3 for two platforms, or are the designations supposed to mean it's another universe expanding title instead of "mainline"?

Presumably just means this is DR3. DR2's original Japanese name was Super Danganronpa 2.

On one hand it's great the third game's going to be on a console people actually own, on the other hand my Vita has more or less been a Danganronpa machine for over a year now.

It's a vague trailer but Kurakuma and Shirokuma were some of the better parts of Despair Girls' plot so I'm still pumped.

TP

i will watch the story on youtube then because I don't really want to buy a vita again.

oRjpBJI.jpg

Drago

On one hand it's great the third game's going to be on a console people actually own, on the other hand my Vita has more or less been a Danganronpa machine for over a year now.

I'm just glad I will be able to play it on the Vita. I hope they plan on porting 1 and 2 to PS4 if they're gonna put 3 on there

That announcement and the mention of multiplayer was so confusing

So this is the real deal DR3 right?! fuck I'm so glad

I believe she meant multiplatform, not multiplayer. They went off script and it sounds like that confused the translator a bit.

1+2 Remster pack, maybe even with UDG could very easily be the "&More" tease. Could see them throwing in some bonus scenarios to sweeten the pot.

I would obviously buy that. Some extras thrown in would make it easy money for them and NISA.

GSR

Subtitle is "everyone's new mutual killing academy", by the way. So full title would be New Danganronpa V3: Everyone's New Mutual Killing Semester.

Persona7

Banned
It seems like ports of the first two games might be likely considering the jump to the new platform...Maybe I should just wait. Especially since it seems that the story is really important.

Isotope

they've decided they want to actually make money

im being completely serious, absolutely 100 percent serious

Well I definitely won't disagree with that notion. Visual Novels just lend themselves better on handhelds, but hey, if if the PS4 version sells well, then more power to them! Hope it's successful for them!

Ya bro, because obviously they didn't make it known that the series is very successful over in the West, even just being on Vita.

DR1&2 sold more than 200k copies in the West. VNs are perfect for handhelds.

you guys got some broken ass sarcasm detectors

but really though, honestly, no joke, straight up shoot, they actually want to make money, actual money, not good for Vita in the west money, really,

Bladenic

What was that about multiplayer?

I knew I shouldn't have gotten too excited since that trailer was nothing.

Is this true despair?

GSR

Gah, misread (was thrown off by the different terminology in trailer vs. logo.) It's "New Mutual Killing Semester", not "New Mutual Killing Academy".)

Drago

Hope's Peak is an academy too.

But yeah, unless the school had like a billion other wings, I think a new location would be preferred.

The "new mutual killing academy" made me think it would revolve around a new Academy.

But apparently it was a translation error anyway... new semester it is!

yami4ct

Gah, misread (was thrown off by the different terminology in trailer vs. logo.) It's "New Mutual Killing Semester", not "New Mutual Killing Academy".)

Something about that sounds very Assassination Classroom.

Team Danganronpa could do a good AC game.

chiimisu

Ah, I see... Still excited! I think there was a new school shown in the trailer as well :)

you guys got some broken ass sarcasm detectors

but really though, honestly, no joke, straight up shoot, they actually want to make money, actual money, not good for Vita in the west money, really,

This is what baffles me, PS4 owners want Vita games but don't want to buy one?

That makes a bit more sense. Especially if they want to keep doing using the "Ultimates" angle.

think
Junko
will return?

I love
__Junko__
, but hopefully we get a break. I'd much prefer
Monaca or something unexpected

Top Bottom