• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Danganronpa 3 (PS4/Vita) Announced

GamerJM

Banned
I wonder if the Vita version will even get localized. I'd much prefer to play it on the Vita since playing VN-esque games on console does not sound as fun. I might double dip to support the series as well.

yami4ct

Man, if Zero Escape 3 AND Danganronpa 3 com out next year in the west.....I'll be super happy.

I cannot wait for ZE3, but I'm still super nervous about it. That art change could lose a good amount of the series' charm. I really want to see some actual in game footage.

Didn't Kodaka joke he regrets that V3 is too much DR1-like? Of course, maybe I've misunderstood.

That sounds good to me. Would be a great close to the story, assuming DR ends up being a trilogy.

And if 1/2/AE never hit PS4, I'd recommend just getting a $20 PS TV and the games. More than worth it for this series.

I'm going to second this. PSTVs are have become cheap. $20-40 is easily worth it to play all 3 Danganronpa games. The first 2 games are now $30 on amazon, so there's that too.

Doesn't have staticky reveal at the end, so video worthless!

Not the same, but PK Gaming posted this in the community thread:

CO7erqCUYAAW0kn.png

That sounds good to me. Would be a great close to the story, assuming DR ends up being a trilogy.

I'm thinking the series is going to go past 3 unless it bombs horribly. It's become a legit franchise with crazy merchandising potential.

3 might close out the current storyline with games beyond it being similar in concept, but maybe taking place far into the future or something.

I wonder if the Vita version will even get localized. I'd much prefer to play it on the Vita since playing VN-esque games on console does not sound as fun. I might double dip to support the series as well.

I don't see any way this'd get skipped on Vita in the west. It'll be NISA releasing it and they haven't given up on the console yet.

Moonlight

Banned
Hoping that character tease is the game's new main protagonist. About time a mainline game got a girl lead, IMO.

I have a hunch they don't want to show us beta designs that could and probably will change. I wish there was more, but I respect it.

And again, I do like the way the handled it. Most studios would put the logo over a black screen, turn on the music, and call it a day. It's a fun teaser.
Oh yeah, this makes sense given that they seem very finicky about in progess designs in general going by history, haha.

Yeah, there's some crazy discrepancies between the beta designs and final designs for all games in the series so far. Art team can't make up their damn minds.

Someone has told me that apparently the dude next to Kodaka on stage was wearing the same shirt as Nagito. Can anyone confirm? That'd be cute!

Streams no longer live so I checked it out and he was right.

And shit all over the fanbase that has been built up in the West on Vita? No chance. If anything, I'd wonder more about it being localized on ps4.

Squire

Banned
Another Episode has been out for days.

No, AE has been out for like two weeks or a calendar year if you imported it. I'm not forcing the issue, but I really don't think the original request is unreasonable. No one that hasn't played should be in here, PS4 port or not.

chiimisu

No, AE has been out for like two weeks or a calendar year if you imported it. I'm not forcing the issue, but I really don't think the original request is unreasonable. No one that hasn't played should be in here, PS4 port or not.

Is it THAT hard to press the "spoiler" button? Sorry, not everyone can buy all the games right on release date.

Hektor

There already is a AE spoiler thread, why not just use that?

And shit all over the fanbase that has been built up in the West on Vita? No chance. If anything, I'd wonder more about it being localized on ps4.

Probably both versions are coming. NISA has consistently brought over all platforms of games they localize now. They even have Limited editions for every platform. There's currently no reason to suspect we might not get either version.

It's not like the trailer for 3 actually has any noteworthy spoilers to it, yet we have in this thread, people who aren't tagging spoilers about people who die in the series. You can be interested in the series without having played all the games in it, yet any thread about the series seems to have fans who don't understand that there may be new people coming in and wondering about it.

Hell I'm almost done with my playthrough of 1 and I noticed the twitter thread earlier yesterday and wanted to look into it, yet I couldn't even do that without being bombarded with untagged spoilers. Good thing I knew about most of the deaths at the point I'm at, just kinda sucks that the main villain was spoiled and it wasn't tagged right off the bat when I reloaded the page.

This series is not that old when it comes to the West (inb4 fantranslations), some things should still be expected when it comes to spoilers for it.

Yes, that was actually teased.

Full trailer translation:

--------

New mutual killing?

DEBATE SCRUMMAGE
Start!

Monomi: I didn't go to the second-floor classroom!
Shirokuma: Togami-kun's been killed! [Don't read into this, I can almost guarantee this is just the trailer authors messing with the fans]
Kurokuma: [You tossed that vase at him?] - can't really make out this one

[Kotodama: Broken clock]
COUNTERARGUMENT (lit. Ronpa)

Everyone expects it to be a fake out after twogami.
Watch them actually do it this time

FluxWaveZ

It's gonna be real weird for PS4 players getting into this for the first time unless: there's some real heavy (optional) exposition about everything that has happened prior to the game's events, or DR3 actually doesn't rely much on past events at all.

Moonlight

Banned
Actually, anyone think the cast might be the survivors of DR1 and DR2 thrown into a final killing game? The bit where they mentioned Togami got me thinking, since I dunno if they'd bring him back as a veteran among an entirely new cast again.

pls no sonia and asahina would never survive another game ;_;

It's gonna be real weird for PS4 players getting into this for the first time unless: there's some real heavy (optional) exposition about everything that has happened prior to the game's events, or DR3 actually doesn't rely much on past events at all.
That would be a shame, but I also doubt it. DR3 feels way more built up than DR2 ever did, and that game went hand in hand with its prequel.

Kinsei

Banned

Or they are porting 1+2 to PS4 in order to get new players up to speed. If that was the case though I would think they would have announced it alongside DR3 like Gravity Rush.

I imagine DR coming to PS4 might actually be happening because Spike is keeping the west in mind. I wouldn't really worry about it not getting localized. I mean, PS4 is doing worse than Vita in Japan, right?

Gradon

Walked in here to scream about how happy I was.
...Walked out because people are posting unmarked spoilers.
Seriously guys, I don't care how old Another Episode is, posting unmarked spoilers in a fucking new thread is ridiculous.

Alfredo

PlayStation TVs are so cheap these days that they'll probably just bundle the PS4 version of DR3 with one so you can play DR1 and 2 (and AE). >_>

I really hope we get a least one or two characters revealed during TGS.

I imagine DR coming to PS4 might actually be happening because Spike is keeping the west in mind. I wouldn't really worry about it not getting localized. I mean, PS4 is doing worse than Vita in Japan, right?
Possibly, but it's doing pretty great on just the Vita in the west too, so I think it's more just a general audience expansion.

FluxWaveZ

That would be a shame, but I also doubt it. DR3 feels way more built up than DR2 ever did, and that game went hand in hand with its prequel.

Given where the story's been heading, I also doubt that DR3 won't rely on at least DR1 and DR2. A finale to a first trilogy could feel appropriate. But...

Or they are porting 1+2 to PS4 in order to get new players up to speed. If that was the case though I would think they would have announced it alongside DR3 like Gravity Rush.

I really don't see them porting DR1 and DR2 to the PS4 before this game's out. I feel like it's something they would have announced alongside this, if that was going to be the case. This would be the best option for PS4 only players going into the series, though.

Top Bottom