• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 Last Round character revealed

Ferrio

Banned
1421156855842giut7.jpg

Looks like a generic girl you'd see in an illusion game.

Razzorn34

They were the least popular characters in the game.

Seung-Mina has been an after thought ever since Kilik was added in SC1.

Setsuka, Taki, and Sophitia's playstyle are still in the game. Hwang was cut in SC4. Yun Seong and Seung-Mina weren't popular. Zasalamel and Talim didn't fit into the game with the changes that were made to the game engine.

In short, the game was rushed as hell, and dumbed down. All characters had less moves(no A+K moves). A ton of clones instead of old characters from 4. Story mode was laughable. No good adventure mode.

I wish Namco would give the series the time it needs to flesh out a full game. It seems to be just an after thought to them now. The only good thing to come out of SC5 was the super meter. Everything else was a step back.

vypek

In short, the game was rushed as hell, and dumbed down. All characters had less moves(no A+K moves). A ton of clones instead of old characters from 4. Story mode was laughable. No good adventure mode.

I wish Namco would give the series the time it needs to flesh out a full game. It seems to be just an after thought to them now. The only good thing to come out of SC5 was the super meter. Everything else was a step back.

I missed using Talim. Eh, overall I did enjoy the game a lot less than the previous ones that I had played.

-------

More on topic, I don't normally play fighting games but I'm sort of interested with this, Tekken 7 and Street Fighter 5. Since I'm not used to the series, the character design doesn't seem that bad to me.

Skilletor

Setsuka, Taki, and Sophitia's playstyle are still in the game. Hwang was cut in SC4. Yun Seong and Seung-Mina weren't popular. Zasalamel and Talim didn't fit into the game with the changes that were made to the game engine.

Don't care about the logic (some of which I agree with), fact is a lot of characters people liked were cut, and a lot of them had no replacement.

Don't see how Zas and Talim didn't fit into the game, lol. Zas, especially, would have been super badass with EX moves.

synce

Looks like a generic girl you'd see in an illusion game.

As opposed to Tina or Kasumi...

It is stupid though that TN adds these characters without any plot to go with them. If they're going to copy SF4 with all the rereleases they should also give the new characters a story mode like Capcom does

ShinMaruku

I think in Last Round there should be some story. I mean re-adding Raidou is big. They probably added another hour or so to the story.

They were the least popular characters in the game.

Seung-Mina has been an after thought ever since Kilik was added in SC1.

Seung-Mina wasn't popular? What?

VSynk

Banned
That is a ridiculously generic character design.

So generic and boring.

DoA gonna DoA, I guess.

Boring character design. Maybe the fighting style will be fun though.

That looks like a boring character design wise.

Her face is literally just Marie Rose's face. The pig-tail even starts at the same spot.

Terrible, terrible, terrible. It's Marie Rose with breasts. Ugh.

...Okay wow, she looks an awful lot like Marie Rose. Even her face is pretty much the same...

It's not like other characters have very distinctive faces in the first place.
All DoA characters have always had that ugly doll look to them.

Cute but generic

I can settle with that.

mothball

As opposed to Tina or Kasumi...

It is stupid though that TN adds these characters without any plot to go with them. If they're going to copy SF4 with all the rereleases they should also give the new characters a story mode like Capcom does

She has the most plot out of all the characters, though.

Shin

Banned
I'm loving the 35-36 selectable characters, assuming 1 or 2 more might be revealed.
They are doing that right at least, not to mention that the direction they took with the art style for DoA5 is very nice (compared to SF/Tekken).

Malice215

Taki's playstyle was sure...but that thing wasnt Taki

also Zasalamel needs to be back because he wields a Scythe, AKA the most badass weapon ever

I didnt even like playing as him much, but I made so many custom Zas based characters just for the scythe

But what's so special about Taki besides having a large chest, especially when most people just make their own character to put in the game?

I do hope Zas comes back because his weapon is unique.

The game was rushed but it wasn't dumbed down, and most A+K moves were pretty useless and were removed because most people play on pad and A+K is not an intuitive input.

I wouldn't mind seeing a better story mode, but what's important is the actual fighting and online play which they got right for the most part. Story mode is extra. And maybe this gen the game will get the attention that it needs, but who knows.

Don't care about the logic (some of which I agree with), fact is a lot of characters people liked were cut, and a lot of them had no replacement.

Don't see how Zas and Talim didn't fit into the game, lol. Zas, especially, would have been super badass with EX moves.

Most people are just upset that something was removed and don't care about the logic behind it, and most casual players just want to add their own FF7 clone into the game and then want to be upset when xx is gone. If that wasn't the case, then character creation wouldn't be so popular.

As for this new character, she's cute, but definitely generic and boring which is what DOA needs less of.

But what's so special about Taki besides having a large chest, especially when most people just make their own character to put in the game?

I do hope Zas comes back because his weapon is unique.
I actually mostly agree with you, even though I liked Taki I was happy her playstyle survived. I just wanted to make a joke about how terrible I found Natsu.

As a Taki Main I got a lot more than Talim/Zas/Seung fans got.

I liked SC5 quite a bit though, I hope SC6 comes out and just ups the production values, hopefully gives us Scythes back

Razzorn34

The game was rushed but it wasn't dumbed down, and most A+K moves were pretty useless and were removed because most people play on pad and A+K is not an intuitive input.

You could have bound A+K to it's own button if it was an issue, like any other game. No, A+K moves were definitely not useless. Especially since many of those replaced other moves, or got new inputs instead. Overall, everyones moveset got downgraded because they wanted to "streamline" the game. Yes, that is definition of dumbing down.

KingJ2002

Definitely uninspired character design... i assume she was made to show off the new and improved soft physics engine.

I think i might just skip this game :/

Eh, she looks cute. I like her hair.

I was really hoping we could get at least one more new hot dude. Raidou is such a disappointment. :/

Skilletor

Most people are just upset that something was removed and don't care about the logic behind it, and most casual players just want to add their own FF7 clone into the game and then want to be upset when xx is gone. If that wasn't the case, then character creation wouldn't be so popular.

As for this new character, she's cute, but definitely generic and boring which is what DOA needs less of.

Don't care about what the casuals want. Don't buy the reductive logic that "most players just make their own characters," or whatever, since by that logic, we don't need any characters in the game, just their weapons.

Game cut corners because of budget and time. I don't think it has anything to do with popularity or balance. Money and time.

JordanN

Banned
Definitely uninspired character design... i assume she was made to show off the new and improved soft physics engine.

I think i might just skip this game :/
With the game being cross-gen, they probably still had to gimp her design to work on last gen consoles.

That's the curse of cross-gen until DOA6 happens anyway (assuming if that's even exclusive either).

Eh, she looks cute. I like her hair.

I was really hoping we could get at least one more new hot dude. Raidou is such a disappointment. :/

I just wish we had a unique character instead of another cookie cut anime girl with big melons, because the game has a lot of that already.

Top Bottom