• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dead or Alive 5 Last Round character revealed

Malice215

I actually mostly agree with you, even though I liked Taki I was happy her playstyle survived. I just wanted to make a joke about how terrible I found Natsu.

As a Taki Main I got a lot more than Talim/Zas/Seung fans got.

I liked SC5 quite a bit though, I hope SC6 comes out and just ups the production values, hopefully gives us Scythes back

I liked Taki too until they made her chest look like two gameday footballs in the previous game which was ridiculous. Some sexiness is okay, but the previous games went way overboard with it which is why I appreciate SCV for cleaning that up. Maybe in the next game they can bring some of those characters back and classy them up.

You could have bound A+K to it's own button if it was an issue, like any other game. No, A+K moves were definitely not useless. Especially since many of those replaced other moves, or got new inputs instead. Overall, everyones moveset got downgraded because they wanted to "streamline" the game. Yes, that is definition of dumbing down.

A+K moves were pretty much filler for a character's movelist except for Yoshimitsu. SCV streamlined things, and one of the ways they did so was by cutting out that useless fluff moves tied to an awkward A+K input since most players use pad, and streamlining things helped bring alot of newer players into the game. And if you play the game on a high level, you're not going to use those junk moves anyway.

Don't care about what the casuals want. Don't buy the reductive logic that "most players just make their own characters," or whatever, since by that logic, we don't need any characters in the game, just their weapons.

Game cut corners because of budget and time. I don't think it has anything to do with popularity or balance. Money and time.

Most people who buy the game are casual players who create their own characters to use. Or they developed an interest in SC because of who the guest character was, like Link in SC2.

If it was up to me, I wouldn't have character creation or guest characters because they detract people from the actual roster of characters that's in the game. I would also have every character in the game, however games do take time and money to make, and they didn't have an infinite amount of time to work on SCV, which is why the most popular characters are either still in the game or have a replacement.

bon

Based on the tease I was kind of expecting a lady pirate. I guess a schoolgirl who likes skulls is okay.

how does someone look 'young' when everyone has pretty much the same face :p

Are you confusing this game with DOA4? Because if you can't tell the characters' faces apart in DOA5 you might have prosopagnosia...

What's creepier: a character over 18 that looks under, or a character under 18 that looks over?

Generally young looking characters are only aged up to avoid (rightful) outrage over child sexualisation, so I'd say that's a lot creepier. I've only seen one movie where an adult character looks like a child for actual story reasons.

If you're talking about a sexualised minor that looks like an adult then that's just as creepy too, but I don't think that's as common.

I feel every iteration on DOA5 brought bottom of the barrel genric characters just meant to pad the library and excuse to sell it again, until we get a proper sequel with actual thought put be behind the characters.

*cough* Rig *cough* Mila *cough* Nyotengu

I mean I guess you could call Nyotengu lazy or something but her design and personality are so good.

Skilletor

I hate Marie Rose, but it's obvious a lot of effort went into the character and fighting style. I'd say the same thing about Phase 4 who, even though she's a Kasumi clone, has enough tricks to make her very different. She's also one of the more difficult characters to use, timing wise.

I think, at least as far as fighting styles go, every character in DoA5 has been very well flashed out and an overall good addition to the cast.

SykoTech

Thought she looked okay at first, but now I see the close up of her face. Ugh. She got the worst part of Marie Rose copied and pasted on her.

Please be a placeholder.

There is never a compelling argument for DFC.

i'm an equal opportunity man when it comes to chest sizes

except for hometown.

hmmm. Namco-Bandai announcing a payment option to change cup size of established characters...

tornbetweenimage.jpg

IvorB

Didn't really do anything to increase sales so I hope they go back to the superior character models for VF6 and think of others ways to make VF a bigger franchise.

We can only hope.

The costume is a bit sexy, but not skimpy. It covers a fair amount of skin.

What about that looks 'skimpy' to you? It's pretty typical. This being DOA just means the skirt will be flying up all the time.

I'm talking mainly about the skirt. There is no way that's not skimpy.

Shozuki

I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they'd add some more male characters.

I really the designs of the male cast...

Skux

This looks like a skin for one of the main characters. And I'm pretty sure they have schoolgirl uniforms for most of them right?

Hubb

I'm probably in the minority, but I wish they'd add some more male characters.

I really the designs of the male cast...

As been stated many times, they've already said they are adding 1 new male and 1 new female character. It was known that this was the female character, and DoA already has a good number of male characters. Is it that bad that DoA has 2 or 3 more women than men?

Jaeger

So let me get this straight, I already have a copy of DOA5, with all the Ultimate DLC (360). Will I be able to buy the Last Round as DLC for this copy?

EDIT - Ok, just saw. It is. Thx.

Paracelsus

ryoko-ig2kh6.jpg

When you debut a character in a school uniform (Asuka Kazama had one, but her main outfit clearly was not) then you're being a bit too honest.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
She was clearly made with the utilization of the soft body physics engine in mind; making her lifeless would defeat the purpose of this advancement in technology.

Sakura

I just realised the Collectors Edition of DoA5LR comes with a Marie Rose mouse pad. But it's also like 10,000 yen. Now I am conflicted and don't know what to buy.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Believe it or not... I'm not too concerned to how she looks right now. Between Alt Costumes, Moveset, all those team up attacks, and voicework, TecmoKoei does a pretty good job at making their character more than their usually very well crafted appearances.

That said, it kinda sucks that all they could think of to work with "soft body physics" is another Asian-ish schoolgirl with a big chest. How many more mixes of skin / hair color, and / or nationality could there have been?

I totally understand them not wanting to make a BIG DEAL new design for a bonus in an extra entry of an already released game, but eesh.

If she ends up looking like Marie, I hope they call out to this and make fun of it in the game. At least that'd be kinda funny.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Japanese schoolgirls beating grown ass foreign mature women at body proportions...saying it to yourself is kinda ridic, but whatevs. ALREADY PREORDERED :D

Rephin

I told myself I wasn't going to buy this version of DoA5 since I already have the other versions (even Vita!) and I didn't need any more versions of the game. Good job, Tecmo, you made me a liar.

Seems like she's more of a Dural character.

She's actually DoA1 Raidou. Makes sense when you think about it.

The fight clip shows she does lean more to how Dural functioned in later games with strings that had recognizable moves from various characters. Interesting enough to give her a shot.

Top Bottom