• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Final Fantasy III pics in Nintendo Dream

ethelred

My god, I am so in love with this game and its FFIX-style (I've been saying it takes after FFIX ever since the first pics were unveiled, but no one believed me back then).

It is officially my #1 most anticipated DS game, and one of my most anticipated games period. Square Enix needs to make even more stuff for the DS using this engine.

firex

Roders5 said:
That's a very relaxing 'coming soon' movie.

This is looking very good. I must admit to never playing a FF game for more than a few hours, but this has got my interest. Is number 3 considered good in the series?
It's my favorite, for what that's worth. I like the gameplay in it (challenge, unique dungeons, mostly inventive overworld and plot events) more than I do most other FFs.

I hope the graphics are where comparisons to FFIX end, because if they make this game any easier, or even give it an FF5-style job system... I'll really be pissed off at them. Adding in save points is about all they need to do.

Chris Remo said:
I haven't played it since it wasn't ever officially localized, but I've heard it's one of the worst. That probably explains why Square is going all out on the remake. In addition to overhauling the visuals, the story and characters have been hugely fleshed out.

You heard wrong. This one is easily better than I, II, and V. Some think its better than IV, but no one thinks it beats VI. I haven't played VII-up so I don't know how it stacks up to the rest.

jarrod

Banned
Looks stunning... visually it kinda reminds me of Arte Piazza's PS2 DQ5 remake.

dragonq5_033104_000.jpg
dragonq5_033104_004.jpg

...maybe we'll get a DQ5 port using the same engine? :)

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Those who already played it...

Its true that the game is very short? 10-15h? Maybe they are adding more stuff because of that.

apparently, that will not be an accurate indicator because there is supposedly some re-writing... we shall see.

I didn't play this either, but I recall reading that it was a bit shorter than ffiv

Snaku said:
:lol FFVII is far below DS level.
And GUN was below X360 level. :p It's not such a difference that if they wanted to release VII on DS they'd go through and redo everything in a different style.

FFVII would most likely be a PSP game imo, if SE doesn't do the PS3 remake.

Quick question: is FFIII similar to FFI&II, or is it or advanced like IV?

Snaku

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
And GUN was below X360 level. :p It's not such a difference that if they wanted to release VII on DS they'd go through and redo everything in a different style.

They'd certainly save on cart space by removing all the pre-rendered backdrops and making the game full 3D as FFIII is now.

PhoenixDark said:

Quick question: is FFIII similar to FFI&II, or is it or advanced like IV?
read below:
meltpotato said:
apparently, [out of context]that will not be an accurate indicator because[/out of context] there is supposedly some re-writing... we shall see.

Snaku said:
They'd certainly save on cart space by removing all the pre-rendered backdrops and making the game full 3D as FFIII is now.
Remove the FMV and I'm fully confident it could fit on carts that are already out. Add in the FMV, and it's just a matter of how high quality they want it to be that would determine necessary cart space. After the last (third?) big FF VII on DS discussion I did most of the write-up I said I would, but in trying to get my GBA Movie Player to function or for my brother to find his so I could try out some DS video utilities for some basic testing, it dragged on and I never quite finished it up.

ant1532 said:
Why is it(ff3) so popular? (what makes it so amazing?)
I don't think it's particularly more popular than other FFs. However, the fact that it's the only one to have never been officially released outside of Japan, and that it's the first FF to have such a significant remake, makes this release a pretty big deal.

Snaku

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
Remove the FMV and I'm fully confident it could fit on carts that are already out.

But then it's not FFVII. FFVII was always about it's FMVs. You make the rest of the game real time, you'll have enough space for at least the key FMVs.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hmmm, some of the links don't work anymore but it's all over the web now. Anyway it seems some of the screens were recycled from the Jump scan, but that's okay becasue now we see the Chocobos better! :D

It's all hawt. :D

Edit: TY NEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
PhoenixDark said:
SE would probably get lazy/greedy and just release it as a download for the PSP.

EDIT: Thanks neo, now you must translate everything for us. :p

Zilch

Banned
Thanks for the scans Neo. This game is looking really good. Although it seems like Yoshida has done some promo art for the game, I'm willing to bet Toshiyuki Itahana did the actual concept art for it (he did the early early stuff for FFIX and FFCC too).

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I like the look. I want to see what they do in terms of story and character development though.

Yamauchi

Banned
Error2k4 said:
It's just a veneer by the way. I've beaten and enjoyed FFIV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X (the last less so than the rest, but only because the game was a straight line).

Emotions

If this does good over Japan (wich i hope so) we might get ports of FF 7, 8 and 9 for the DS.
And ports of the DQ games as well.

Top Bottom