• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Final Fantasy III pics in Nintendo Dream

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Yamauchi said:
It's just a veneer by the way. I've beaten and enjoyed FFIV, VI, VII, VIII, IX, and X (the last less so than the rest, but only because the game was a straight line).
haha it was your avatar and username that made the comment funny considering what he said in the past about FF and rpgs.

Pellham

Banned
Emotions said:
If this does good over Japan (wich i hope so) we might get ports of FF 7, 8 and 9 for the DS.
And ports of the DQ games as well.

I doubt FF7-9 wil lbe ported to DS. they will more likely be ported to PSP simply because it's easier to port PSX games to PSP.

Snaku said:
But then it's not FFVII. FFVII was always about it's FMVs. You make the rest of the game real time, you'll have enough space for at least the key FMVs.
Sure, I agree. I'm just saying that it would be easier for Square Enix to just use a large capacity card than it would be for them to totally remake VII in a different style, and that the current 128 MB cards seem like a baseline for what it could be. From there I could see it being 256 MB, or 512 MB, or something in between... it just depends on when it happens, what costs they'd deem worthwhile, and what quality of video they'd find acceptable.

Pellham said:
I doubt FF7-9 wil lbe ported to DS. they will more likely be ported to PSP simply because it's easier to port PSX games to PSP.
They're porting 4-6 to GBA because it's feasible enough with minor downgrades, and there's a large install base. I think the same could happen for VII-IX, though certainly not a certainty. Especially if things like FFIII and CC are successful, it would seem weird to release them on PSP and not DS. PS1 ports would make for decent multiplatform portables, since it wouldn't need to take advantage of either system's exclusive strengths.

PolyGone

Banned
thx Neo, those scans are crispy and beautiful... now if Nintendo could fucking hurry up and release the ds lite over here, it will be mine

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Pellham said:
If FF7-9 are ported to any portable, it will be the DS, as square ENIX likes to make money.

PolyGone

Banned
Pellham said:

they won't be ported to the psp perse, but will be made available at $20+ a pop via their new download initiative thing.

Zilch

Banned
Khalid-S said:
posted ?

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

img.php

Yes. Second page.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wow, the best looking 3D DS game *BY FAR*. So why are they showing all the old FC scenes? Just as a comparison?

FF3 is probably my 2nd or 3rd favorite 8bit RPG ever. Of course #1 is Phantasy Star, and #2 would possibly be DW4. But trust me, FF3 is awesome if you're a fan of oldskool games. Tons of secrets to find, a lot more freeform than the majority of FF titles
once you get off the floating island in the beginning, at least
, challenging, some of the best 8 bit music ever.

jarrod

Banned
djtiesto said:
Wow, the best looking 3D DS game *BY FAR*. So why are they showing all the old FC scenes? Just as a comparison?
Perhaps it's included as an extra? Kawazu did hint something to that effect when the game was first announced...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
jarrod said:
Perhaps it's included as an extra? Kawazu did hint something to that effect when the game was first announced...

Yeah, but actually in an old thread I asked about if the original is still being included and duckroll mentioned, with a whole design team reshuffling, its possible that this was removed.

jarrod

Banned
djtiesto said:
Yeah, but actually in an old thread I asked about if the original is still being included and duckroll mentioned, with a whole design team reshuffling, its possible that this was removed.
Wait, the entire team changed? Was it moved from Product Development Division 2 then?

Looks crazy awesome. Really can't wait to play this.

It's interesting/cool that, in spite of the major graphical/story overhaul, they're keeping the actual maps incredibly faithful to the originals, down the position of pots and everything...

edit: holy hell, those moogles are huge, though, what's up with that?

unifin

neo2046 said:
someone do the comparison again

uporg3701205ob.jpg

uporg3701225od.jpg

uporg3701242ht.jpg

Holy **** - I didn't realize they were being that faithful to the original maps - wicked awesome!!!

Am I the only one anticipating this as much/more than NSMB?

Emotions

Monorojo said:
Gotta give it up to SE.

This is honestly one DS game that doesnt look like absolute shit, looks pretty damn amazing.

So DS games look like absolute shit now? perhaps that will help to get more PSP sales in
Japan.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I hope instead of ports of the PSX games that they remake the rest of the first six just like this.

ethelred

I have to say once again: this is officially my #1 most anticipated DS game. It's simply incredible.

I'm also going to differ from everyone who's requesting ports/remakes of FFVII-IX or any of the DQ games. I'd much rather Square Enix take this incredible engine and apply it to all new, fully original games.

duckroll

Here's the staff list from the scans for FFIII DS:

Executive Producer/Director - Hiromichi Tanaka (Responsible for FF1-3's game design. Namely FF1's battle and menu systems, FF2's event, skill, battle and menu systems, FF3's battle, menu, job change, summon systems and the pop-up damage display. Worked on SaGa2's map data and the complete scenario and events. As a producer he worked on Seiken Densetsu 2's scenario, concept and the system design. Directed Seiken Densetsu 3. Produced Xenogears and Chrono Cross and designed the battle systems. Produced Dew Prism and FFXI.)

Art Director - Ryosuke Aiba (Xenogears map design, Chrono Cross monster design and monster texture design. Designer chief and art director of FFXI, also monster designer and monster texture chief.)

Character Design - Akihiko Yoshida (Ogre Battle tarot illustration, Tactics Ogre character design and illustrator, FFT character design, Vagrant Story character designer and background map supervisor, FFTA illustrator (Judge), FFXII character design and background map supervisor.)

Composer - Nobuo Uematu (Composer for FF1-11, King's Knight, Half-boiled Hero, Half-boiled Hero vs 3D, SaGa1-2, Gun Hazard, Chrono Trigger, FFTA.)

Based on the production and directors on board I'm pretty certain this means it's a PD3 project instead of a PD2 one. Too bad for Kawazu! :D

Edit: Hiromichi Tanaka worked on Chrono Cross, not Trigger. Sorry for the error.

Ugh i love when i post some new pics of this game on another forum i sit at, and they instantly say "NINTENDO IS SO NOT ORIGINAL".. cause you know.. nintendo is making this game, and you know this game was released in the US.. sigh.. <3 gaf for smart people =]

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Beezy said:
Holy shit at the comparison shots. :O

FMV's
there should be 512 MB-capacity cards coming out within a year or so by Matrix Semiconductors.

Sagitario

duckroll said:
Here's the staff list from the scans for FFIII DS:

Executive Producer/Director - Hiromichi Tanaka (Responsible for FF1-3's game design. Namely FF1's battle and menu systems, FF2's event, skill, battle and menu systems, FF3's battle, menu, job change, summon systems and the pop-up damage display. Worked on SaGa2's map data and the complete scenario and events. As a producer he worked on Seiken Densetsu 2's scenario, concept and the system design. Directed Seiken Densetsu 3. Produced Xenogears and Chrono Trigger and designed the battle systems. Produced Dew Prism and FFXI.)

Art Director - Ryosuke Aiba (Xenogears map design, Chrono Cross monster design and monster texture design. Designer chief and art director of FFXI, also monster designer and monster texture chief.

Character Design - Akihiko Yoshida (Ogre Battle tarot illustration, Tactics Ogre character design and illustrator, FFT character design, Vagrant Story character designer and background map supervisor, FFTA illustrator (Judge), FFXII character design and background map supervisor.)

Composer - Nobuo Uematu (Composer for FF1-11, King's Knight, Half-boiled Hero, Half-boiled Hero vs 3D, SaGa1-2, Gun Hazard, Chrono Trigger, FFTA.)

Based on the production and directors on board I'm pretty certain this means it's a PD3 project instead of a PD2 one. Too bad for Kawazu! :D

Wow! It looks like FFIII got a really good staff working on it...
And the comparisons shots are great... it looks so faithful to the original...

lancubap

Monorojo said:
Gotta give it up to SE.

This is honestly one DS game that doesnt look like absolute shit, looks pretty damn amazing.

Emotions said:
So DS games look like absolute shit now? perhaps that will help to get more PSP sales in
Japan.

Monorojo, is ti possible for you to stop only for a time the comparison between PSP and DS ?
You are obsessed for me ! This is absolute insane. Is Nintendo really a so big problem for you ? And is Sony a really a God for you ?

Do you not really understand what are the conseguences of this ? The result of your attitude is only the begin of a new War and the Ruin of a thread where we speak NOT about a PSP vs. DS Discussion. All people in this Forum has understood what you think: PSP is gold and DS shit. Ok, I' don't agree with your opinion, but now stop please to repeat the same things every time, in every post you write, in every single affirmation you posts in this Forum.

SuomiDude

Greenpanda said:
Looks crazy awesome. Really can't wait to play this.

It's interesting/cool that, in spite of the major graphical/story overhaul, they're keeping the actual maps incredibly faithful to the originals, down the position of pots and everything...

edit: holy hell, those moogles are huge, though, what's up with that?

Wasn't Final Fantasy III the first game to have Moogles? Check the NES version of the game and Moogles are just as big in it. I know that's probably due to the resolution limitations, so the characters had to be made basically the same size to show any details, but the fact is that Moogles still are as big as the main characters in the game.

GaimeGuy said:
there should be 512 MB-capacity cards coming out within a year or so by Matrix Semiconductors.
Yeah? I've never read about that. Where you've find this info? I thought the DS cards was 128MB max.

duckroll

I think it's time to point out how important Hiromichi Tanaka has been to Squaresoft! :D

Name: Hiromichi Tanaka
Date of Birth: 7th Jan 1962
Current Position: Head of Square Enix's Product Development 3 team.

History:

Sakaguchi's classmate in Yokohama National University (Electrical and Computer Engineering), they both started working at Square as part-timers. His first game project ever was The Deathtrap (1984) for the PC. He was also producer and in-charge of scenario and game design on Genesis (1987), a PC RPG.

Console credits:

Final Fantasy: Battle System Design, Menu System Design
Final Fantasy 2: Event System, Skill System, Battle Interface, Menu System Design
Final Fantasy 3: Battle System Design, Menu System Design, Job Change, Summon Monster System, Pop-up Damage Display Design
SaGa 2: Map Design, Complete Scenario, Event Planning
Seiken Densetsu 2: Producer, Concept & System Design, Scenario Message Data
Seiken Densetsu 3: Director
Xenogears: Producer, Battle Planning
Dew Prism: Producer
Chrono Cross: Producer, Battle System Design, Menu System Molding, Menu Design
Final Fantasy 11: Producer
Final Fantasy 3 DS: Producer, Director

Edit: Added links to show what The Deathtrap and Genesis looked like. :D

Beowvlf

Banned
Holy... this game looks unbelievable. I think it may very well have surpassed NSMB as my most anticipated DS title.

BDGAME

O.M.G! Amazing!

I never play FFIII, and his remake gime me the chance I need!

This is my third most anticipated NDS game, behind NSMB and Mario 3x3.

neo2046

Blackcherry said:
*bow down at neo*
edit: there's no translation of the article?
it is difficult for me to translate the Japanese contents to English without mistakes
maybe some other people who speak English and are good at Japanese can help

duckroll

I'm reading the interview now, it's really, really long. There's some good information there so I'll give a point form rundown after I'm done reading.

ant1532

Banned
duckroll said:
I'm reading the interview now, it's really, really long. There's some good information there so I'll give a point form rundown after I'm done reading.
you just made my morning:D

Top Bottom