• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEW] Forza 2 screenshots

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
fyi. I dont like fat chicks.

In fact if someone were to come up with a slogan about not liking fat chicks and maybe were to put that slogan on a shirt...i'd wear that shirt.

dejan

Mr. Pointy said:
I'll reiterate:

The cars are virtually as good as the manufacturer's 3D CAD models, the environment is great. There's more than enough geometry in the game. The textures are spot on; the tarmac might be a bit off but that could probably be fixed.

Seriously, Gran Turismo 4 has better lighting. The lighting in those shots make the cars and environments look really plasticky and fake. Someone said it needed more white contrast; that might just be it, I'm not entirely sure.

Spot on. Maybe it's the look they want to achieve, but hey ... I'm not feeling it.

AlphaSnake said:
The car models have a ton of detail and look great. But the lighting is pretty terrible and continues to make it look like a videogame. The paint on all of the cars is waaay too thick and candy-colored - looks stupid.

Stinkles said:
in before weird complaints! WOOOO!

:lol

I see the lack of lighting in the screens, but wow, it's a total of 4 screens of a game that doesn't come out until spring. A videogame that doesn't come out until spring.

Looks pretty nice.
But what's up with all the guys bringing GTHD into the thread and saying it would look so much better?
A one car "racing" demo with one last-gen-looking track without any damage?

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
The whining and cheap shots are funny, because some people don't seem to know all of the stuff that Forza 2 is bringing to the table, at the same time... and at 60 fps...

The decal mode is still in too I assume? That's another high point right there again...

Dante

neondriver said:
Looks pretty nice.
But what's up with all the guys bringing GTHD into the thread and saying it would look so much better?
A one car "racing" demo with one last-gen-looking track without any damage?

Prob the same reasons Halo is brought into every Resistance/KZ thread, and so on, and so on........

Majmun

Stinkles said:
First time in a Forza thread? Largely populated by people who do not have the equipment or political affiliation to enjoy the game.

I remember the last Forza 2 thread, yeah :lol

Though I understood the complaints about the footage. It still was early material, so people were a bit critical. As usual...

But I don't really understand the complaints now. The game is very much improved and looks good. And it can only get better.

toypop

kutatan.jpg

Well done.
Ken and me like it.

Second said:
I remember the last Forza 2 thread, yeah :lol

Though I understood the complaints about the footage. It still was early material, so people were a bit critical. As usual...

But I don't really understand the complaints now. The game is very much improved and looks good. And it can only get better.
It is much improved from the older footage. It's just not as good as it could be.

Rhindle

The lighting looks great, assuming these shots were intended to simulate lighting conditions in the midst of an sub-saharan sandstorm.

Otherwise, looking good!

eso76

Well, unlike some GTHD screenshots you probably can't mistake these for real pics, but now Forza 2 does look rich enough for me to stop complaining and start anticipating :)

A huge improvement over latest screens, me likes. Can't wait to paint things on those cars! Btw, since i'll be playing this with a steering wheel, i'd like to be able to do the painting with a pad connected to port 2, so that i don't have to constantly switch those things on and off :p

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I heard it was the troll-pride parade on gaf today.

But seriously, for all those that have commented on the lighting -- and this is the truth -- we are still tuning track lighting and car shaders across the board. Also, every track has different lighting conditions so where you race plays a big part in the game's ambience.

Anyway, for those who like it, thanks. For those who don't, thanks.

NinSoX

Banned
This is the lighting I was expecting:

But then again the editors probably played around with the lighting options in replay mode for these new screens. I still have high hopes :)

Majmun

Mr. Pointy said:
It is much improved from the older footage. It's just not as good as it could be.

It already looks good. IMO. Sure, it could be better, but that's the case with most of the games...

But then again, graphics come second. I want to play this game. Loved the first Forza. And not because of the graphics.

chespace said:
I heard it was the troll-pride parade on gaf today.

But seriously, for all those that have commented on the lighting -- and this is the truth -- we are still tuning track lighting and car shaders across the board. Also, every track has different lighting conditions so where you race plays a big part in the game's ambience.

Anyway, for those who like it, thanks. For those who don't, thanks.
Awesome.

I'm definitely checking it out since you got the Maserati license. Do you have the 3200GT in Forza 2? I always loved that car with its crazy ass lightswitch of a motor.

well Forza 2 now looks pretty good, nice improvement since last shots.

thank you so much, as always, for the info chespace. i hope lightning effects end up as good as you seem to say.

don't really get the cartoony comments...

from what i've seen thus far, the environments feel pretty bland. hoep they get some spice in the final build.

The trees look pretty bad and road textures even worse but somehow i still like the overall look.If this game had gt art director it would look a 100 times better.

chespace

m0dus said:
Yeah, no kidding. Hell, American programmers / graphic designers demand much higher pay than their Japanese counterparts. There's really no way PD could afford it . . .

Those poor guys at Kojima Productions...

skybaby

I really gotta agree with some comments here. I'm not sure what is it, but why were people confused with real life vs GTHD pictures? Why doesn't that happen in Forza? The cars look damn good, and so does the environment detail, so what's missing? Is it just the lighting?

PS: this is not a troll, the way it looks might as well just be what turn10 aimed for, who knows.

Okin

To be honest, I was expecting better, but I suppose it only matters how things look when the game is actually released.

I consider Forza to be Microsoft's lead competitor to Gran Turismo. If GT is toppled, MS could have the definitive racing franchise of this gen.

But, those graphics are going to need to be devastatingly awesome to do that, and currently they don't appear to be. Don't get me wrong, they're not bad, but right now it seems about on par with PGR3. Of course, I know that these are just a few screenshots, and that things are still being tweaked, but each time new screenshots come out, I want to see something amazing, and I seem to only see something on par with everything else.

So keep tweaking those shaders and light sims.

forza-motorsport-2-20070208013043227-000.jpg

...And don't have your motion blur bleed.

chespace

McDragon said:
Screenshots do no justice.

chespace, how about releasing a new trailer?

New stuff happening around the Forza Motorsport Showdown TV show on Speed channel at the end of Feb. More details later.

AltogetherAndrews said:
Uh, I honestly expect this to look a crapload better than this.

God... the xbox hate is strong in you my son... STRONG, VERY STRONG.

Arent you the one that thinks Mass Effect is an ugly duckling as well?

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
The shots look great, but I'm not exactly impressed because they appear to be from the photo-mode that applies shit-tons of AA. That was kind of the thing with PGR 3. In photo-mode, it looks godly. But in-game it's just not at the same level, especially on a larger sized HD set where image quality issues are magnified.

Whether the graphics are good, great, or near-perfect is largely beside the point in determining how good the game is, but I would like to see some gameplay shots, or even better, some movies.

GhaleonEB

The new shots looks ****ing amazing, and a HUGE leap over the last ones we saw. I honestly have no idea what the complainers are talking about.

Top Bottom