• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[NEW] Forza 2 screenshots

CrapSandwich

former Navy SEAL
m0dus said:
truly, you're seeing a "ton" of AA in there, then that means I'm wasting processing cycles with my renderer. :)

Look, it's been a long day for me. But I've read this sentence 10 times and it's still coming up French. I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

X26

Banned
Looks a lot better than the initial shots, and taking into account you'll be able to bust up those cars to large degree, even better

Otto

I think the game looks great, and I'm sure it will look even better by the time it is released.

And everyone should stop mentioning that "other" game. While its cars do look very nice the environments left a lot to be desired.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
So these are from the photo mode then....

Well, they look nice..... I want to see some videos of the game in action though..

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
cank stoochie said:
looks nice. but really you look at it and you know its a video game. gthd on other hand............

gthd doesn't have nearly as much going on as forza 2 does

Cartoony look?

It's like they were seperated at birth
915430_20031105_screen004.jpg

Or maybe not.

ypo

Looks better than before but it still has a long way to go before reaching the bar set by *the other racer.*

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
cank stoochie said:
looks nice. but really you look at it and you know its a video game. gthd on other hand............

......looks nice. but really it could use a better physics engine, not to mention tire sounds that don't remind you of an angry furry.

See what i did there? Give peace a chance, bro.

f@luS

More than a member.
NinSoX said:
****. Tired of these Sony fans who post the same crap over and over.

Forza rox da world incredible teh gfx = cool guy
It looks Ok but yeah *Other racing game* looks better = Sony fan?

Calm down .... :eek:

ypo

"See what i did there? Give peace a chance, bro."

:lol right is that why you love to troll GT threads?

Mmmkay

dirtmonkey37 said:
So these are from the photo mode then....

Well, they look nice..... I want to see some videos of the game in action though..
They don't necessarily have to be from a 'photomode,' but they do seem to be rendered at a much higher resolution than 720p. The standard affair for screens that were perhaps made with print media in mind.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
chespace said:
......looks nice. but really it could use a better physics engine, not to mention tire sounds that don't remind you of an angry furry.

See what i did there? Give peace a chance, bro.

I did....with my 4-D goggles of course....

Nonetheless, how are the environments coming along?

m0dus said:
looks awesome. Lighting is absolutely fantastic, reflections look terrific. Easily eclipses all the titles people keep bringing up for comparison, considering the car damage, framerate (of both the game AND reflections) and the trackside detail. People that think this looks "cartoony:" It's time for glasses, contact lenses, or laser surgery, because you're going blind.

Images like this:

forza-motorsport-2-20070208013045961-000.jpg

Make me GIDDY.

I think I feel an official thread update comin.
If you told me that was NFS:Carbon I would believe you. Anyway I don't give a shit about the graphics as long as they let me make Awesome decals! Custom decals = automatically amazing.

NinSoX

Banned
f@luS said:
Forza rox da world incredible teh gfx = cool guy
It looks Ok but yeah *Other racing game* looks better = Sony fan?

Calm down .... :eek:

I'm referring to ones who repeatedly put down Xbox games. They know who they are.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
pooteeweet said:
Cartoony look?

It's like they were seperated at birth
915430_20031105_screen004.jpg

Or maybe not.

Of course it´s not as cartoonish as that :lol

But that background doesn´t seem realistic at all:

forza-motorsport-2-20070208013041571-000.jpg

thats what I mean ;)

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Insane Metal said:
Of course it´s not as cartoonish as that :lol

But that background doesn´t seem realistic at all:

forza-motorsport-2-20070208013041571-000.jpg

thats what I mean ;)

I just think the background looks barren. They'll surely add in some of the final assets.

And if not, maybe those are shots of real race tracks (just guessing) that actually do look like that.....

Who knows? But one things true: we haven't seen substantial media of what the game's environments look like. And, believe it or not people, environments are what make a racing game exciting because no matter what car you choose (once you finish the solo mode and become a "racing champion"), you're going to be looking at it for the ENTIRE GAME. Right in the center of your screen....

It doesn't matter how many polygons the cars have or how many reflections they can manage to include -- the environments are what create variation in the game's races. The track layouts, the scenery, the beautiful blur post-processing effect that makes the otherwise mediocre looking foliage, into life-like swaying grass....

...and so far, we haven't seen anything of them (the environments).

painey

I want to see more crappy cars.. so sick of the fast sports cars in these racing games.. show me a Ford KA or a Honda Civic!

Flo_Evans

m0dus said:
. . . doesn't really compare? Only has one car on the track? doesn't belong in this thread?

Pick one.

not to be an ass but these pics are of only one car on a track :lol

not to mention playable demo >>>>>>> screenshots

chespace

painey said:
I want to see more crappy cars.. so sick of the fast sports cars in these racing games.. show me a Ford KA or a Honda Civic!

No love for the Kia Rio?

b33097-kia-rio.jpg

Put a supercharger in that shit.

Put a Type-R sticker on it.

This is living.

I love how nobody is driving the car in the picture above. Rio FTW.

pr0cs

I'd like some screenshots of how the car models deform when slammed into a wall. I'm not much of a racing fan but I enjoyed PGR3 until the realism was thrown out the window when cars slammed into walls at 200MPH and no damage occurred.

Overall it looks good, 60fps with realistic physics, damage modelling and high polycounts sounds great to me.

chespace said:
No love for the Kia Rio?

b33097-kia-rio.jpg

Put a supercharger in that shit.

Put a Type-R sticker on it.

This is living.

I love how nobody is driving the car in the picture above. Rio FTW.

Looks like a videogame... meh

chespace

Flo_Evans said:
yeah che how come no shots of the damage? how is that coming along?

We'll be going into more detail about car customization, damage, etc. later.

Also, manufacturers don't exactly like us pimping their hot sports cars all banged up in the media. Go figure.

WolfgangK

NinSoX said:
****. Tired of these Sony fans who post the same crap over and over.

We're going to have to get used to it I'm afraid - tangible bitterness and hate building in the PhorS3.

A shame, it is.

GhaleonEB

chespace said:
We'll be going into more detail about car customization, damage, etc. later.

Also, manufacturers don't exactly like us pimping their hot sports cars all banged up in the media. Go figure.
Just tell them you're showing how the brilliantly designed crumple zones keep the drivers safe. :p

The new shots don't even look like the same game as the first ones. I just went back and compared - it's huge leap. Bravo.

Shawn128

Yeah those screenshots look really good.

But I mean....is anyone really wowed by them? I dunno....maybe we're reaching a point where you can only do so much with car modeling and lighting but...seriously, I cannot tell the difference between this, GTHD, and PGR3. Forza's gunna have to do something more than good graphics to impress me this gen.

chespace

I can only say that we have lots more assets coming soon. And the one that's a wallpaper on my laptop right now will tickle the inner graphics horse in each of you.

Surreal

Shawn128 said:
Yeah those screenshots look really good.

But I mean....is anyone really wowed by them? I dunno....maybe we're reaching a point where you can only do so much with car modeling and lighting but...seriously, I cannot tell the difference between this, GTHD, and PGR3. Forza's gunna have to do something more than good graphics to impress me this gen.

To tell you the truth, the only way I can distinguish between Forza and GTHD are the colors. Forza is a bit more bright/saturated while GTHD looks more natural. It's just a matter of preference.

J-Rzez

Well, I wanna find out all the stuff in the next pit pass (tomorrow correct?) about the modding system you told me about... I'm curious about the physics tweaks too... Graphically, the cartoon/anime/cell shade whatever" look to it, others may like it, myself, no... I understand it may have something to do with custom stickers and paint why it's done like that... but I'd rather a different approach to it... Remember, have them tweak the evo...

You know you're gonna rile up the fans with the "This is Living" stuff right? :lol

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
I want to see what has been improved from Forza 1 to Forza 2 stuff like the how fast the physics engine is. Forza 1 refreshed at 240 frames a second. How fast is Forza 2 going, things like that. Hopefully, we get that kind of info and more in the upcoming months

Shompola

Banned
The problem I see is teh DOF thing in teh background. Background almost looks like a 2D texture that has been interpolated to look blurry.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
chespace said:
I can only say that we have lots more assets coming soon. And the one that's a wallpaper on my laptop right now will tickle the inner graphics horse in each of you.

Is that in response to my "environments" question?

JB1981

Interesting how the reactions are split right down partisan lines. heh

game looks pretty good, nothing spectacular though.

Looks great to me, I'm not stunned, but it does look great. And it's a Maseratti in there!

PS: Don't bring up GT:HD nor GT5, I'm saying it to Shawn128 and Surreal as well.

Sony-cheerleaders dont think this looks great? wow, color me suprised.

Looks alot better than before, has potential to look awesome in motion. Cant wait for HD videos. Or even better, for a playable demo!!

Top Bottom