• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ghostbusters getting full set of female action figures

Status
Not open for further replies.

stufte

They make male action figures 10x more buff than the actual actors.

NOPE.

The-Power-Of-The-Force-2-Luke-Skywalker-Desert-Sport-Skiff_Big_2.jpg

Oh...

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
Which one is the Mary-Sue action figure? I want that one.

I'm glad they're merchandising for this one. I wonder if they'll go wild with the toys like the old movie, or if this is being played more like 21 Jump Street.

35304875606+Ghostbusters+firehouse.jpg

Damn, this thing was so fucking cool when I was a little kid. Ghostbusters had some great merch.

This is not unusual at all in the making of toys to be as economical as possible when considering new molds, it is not some indicator of an anti-female toy conspiracy.
Its a problem when males have like 10+ different bucks while females had 1 for over half the line.

Hasbro has said multiple times in the past that "female figures just don't sell well" when asked why the do so few(it was stated just about monthly back in the Hasbro GI Joe Q&As),
so it isn't some made up issue.

stufte

Its a problem when males have like 10+ different bucks while females had 1 for over half the line.

Hasbro has said multiple times in the past that "female figures just don't sell well" when asked why the do so few(it was stated just about monthly back in the Hasbro GI Joe Q&As),
so it isn't some made up issue.

So how well to male barbie dolls sell in the barbie line? What is the ratio of female/male barbie dolls?

GI Joe is just as polarized male as Barbie is female, so I guess I don't see the problem.

So how well to male barbie dolls sell in the barbie line? What is the ratio of female/male barbie dolls?

GI Joe is just as polarized male as Barbie is female, so I guess I don't see the problem.

In GI Joe the females always sold out and almost instantly at that, while many male figures pegwarmed.
yet "they don't sell"

stufte

In GI Joe the females always sold out and almost instantly at that, while many male figures pegwarmed.
yet "they don't sell"

Is that because they were produced in equal numbers and were just super popular or were they produced in much lower numbers and sold out because of the lack of supply?

Collectors also snatch up characters that are in low production runs because they're more valuable on the aftermarket, which is not necessarily an indicator of popularity.

Either way, I've derailed this ghostbusters thread entirely too much.

I really hope hot toys makes a ghostbusters remake line.

Lagamorph

Pffft, not a patch on the Ghostbusters Cartoon toy line.

f4472fa25a834fad4da180fae59739c7.jpg

35b3b66b01e8dc0baecb307192ae5755.jpg

Though I'd be totally all over a re-release of this though.
z0klSRp.jpg

As long as this or the other film gives me a toy Proton Pack again, I'll be happy.

Boke1879

Is that because they were produced in equal numbers and were just super popular or were they produced in much lower numbers and sold out because of the lack of supply?

Collectors also snatch up characters that are in low production runs because they're more valuable on the aftermarket, which is not necessarily an indicator of popularity.

Either way, I've derailed this ghostbusters thread entirely too much.

I really hope hot toys makes a ghostbusters remake line.

I love Hot Toys so much but they are so damn expensive.

mclem

I wonder which section of the toy store these will be in: boys or girls?

In a fit of indecision, toy stores across the world will end up unable to decide, and since apparently all toys must be one or the other, will instead leave them in the middle of the aisle.

rjinaz

Definitely more interested in the villains/ghosts/monsters. Those rocked in the old toy set when I was a kid. Hopefully we'll get a version of Slimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom