• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New God of War 3 Screens

Ploid 3.0

AltogetherAndrews said:
Looks pretty alright

grinch+heart+final.jpg

33.jpg

imtehman

Banned
iamcool388 said:
ur doin it rong?

When even Mr. Negativity has to laugh at the negativity... you know you've got something special to behold.

what you equate impressive to
ejaculate-worthy
you're also doing it wrong.

bold for emphasis

Scooter

Banned
Look at all the insecure fanboys with the troll Keikoku as their leader trying to downplay these gorgeous scans. :lol So pathetic.

This may be the best looking game of this generation.

If Atlas or whatever titan that is has had such a massive improvement since the last build, I want to see some Gaia levels going up and down with monsters tumbling around NOW!

nib95

Banned
imtehman said:
bayonetta looks impressive, at least hte 360 version

Bayonetta looks good. But GOW3 good? Lol...

bayonetta-2.jpg

23upppc.jpg

bayonetta_-_e3-ps3screenshots16895bayo_ss_e3_0515_003.jpg

god-of-war-iii-20090623001200879.jpg

bayonetta_528204060.jpg

gow3-5.jpg

I try and stay away from these silly comparisons these days. However, I do think the quality of GOW3's visuals are unfairly lost on some. Just the quality of textures and lighting alone in GOW3 is leagues ahead.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Keikoku said:
Admit it or not but it actually looked embarrassing. I think it doesn't look so bad anymore since a long time, it even looks pretty good, but I'm still overwhelmed by the graphics (especially for a god of war game) On a more personal note I think that the art direction is bland and less interesting than in the previews entries in the series.
I know that here on GAF people are enthusiastic about pretty much everything so I'm just answering to you because you bolded my nickname.

Games tend to look better the longer they are in development, news at 11.

Why is it difficult to accept that two games of the same genre can BOTH be good? I'm looking forward to both games. God of War 3 looks like no other game does... its a clear mile away in its league. Bayonetta looks like it will have incredibly fun gameplay and lots of interesting ideas.

Both can co-exist, and both will be more than satisfactory. I dont see what the problem is.

:lol :lol at bayonetta comment, it's quite possibly the ugliest action game of this generation, Ninja Gaiden Sigma looks better, Heavenly sword looks better, I would even say Ninja Gaiden Black on the orginal Xbox looks better than Bayonetta.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Rapping Granny said:
:lol :lol at bayonetta comment, it's quite possibly the ugliest action game of this generation, Ninja Gaiden Sigma looks better, Heavenly sword looks better, I would even say Ninja Gaiden Black on the orginal Xbox looks better than Bayonetta.

:lol

lupinko

Rapping Granny said:

I don't really want to say it, but this is sadly true, hell, the game Kamiya is trying to one up from his former company looks better than Bayonetta, that being the great kusoge DMC4. :lol

That's about it for me on the hate parade for Bayonetta tho, still buying that day 1
unless the finished retail PS3 version is like really shitty

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Rapping Granny said:
Are you calling HS and NGS ugly?

nib95

Banned
Rapping Granny said:

Ok now this is getting a bit ridiculous. As silly as comparing Bayoentta's graphics to GOW3 is, equally silly is doing the same for Bayonetta against NG Black.

Also to the guy above, there is no question of the quality of both titles. I will be purchasing and playing both, and I'm confident both will be great. The comparison was simply on the visuals, in response to the comment earlier. Admittedly I should have just ignored it, but I've heard similar things from others. I just thought it was time for a "reminder" of just how ahead of the curve GOW3 is visually.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
nib95 said:
Ok now this is getting a bit ridiculous. As silly as comparing Bayoentta's graphics to GOW3 is, equally silly is doing the same for Bayonetta against NG Black.

Also to the guy above, there is no question of the quality of both titles. I will be purchasing and playing both, and I'm confident both will be great. The comparison was simply on the visuals, in response to the comment earlier. Admittedly I should have just ignored it, but I've heard similar things from others. I just thought it was time for a "reminder" of just how ahead of the curve GOW3 is visually.
you probably had good intentions, but look at what a festering pile of shit this thread has become in less than twenty posts. let people believe what they want.

lupinko

Kagari said:
DMC4 was extremely disappointing.

That had more to do with bad game design (making you play the game partway as Nero, only to make you replay everything as Dante, and only then can you finish the game, rather than doing it the DMC3SE way, which was beat the game first as Dante, and then give you Vergil as an awesome extra to replay the game based on your own choosing; don't even get me started on the horrible backtracking).

Rapping Granny said:

You threw hyper bowls all over the place but I'm gonna agree. Honestly I find Bayonetta to be kinda ugly.

DrPirate

Banned
Why is dante's Inferno not in the same league as this?

I was able to catch some footage of that live and it looked really damn good to me (for a multiplatform game).

God of War 3, (saw that at the Toronto Expo) looks a hundred times better than any of the stills and videos. I would say it looks better than Uncharted 2 and that's not even a joke. When you see and play the game, you will be impressed.

nib95

Banned
I love the way the heat wave effect/blur is emanating from Hades' mask. I bet that will be awesome to see in motion. Really menacing.

*Looks at pics*

Hmmmm....yeah, I'm not even going to pretend other action titles look as good. Not to say to they are not possibly good looking, but damn...God of War 3....daaaamn....

Yoboman

Gold Member
Is it me or does the Chimera look scared?

I would be too

I'd love to get to a point in the game where enemies just start running when they see Kratos :lol

demolitio

It's amazing watching the graphics develop over the months. Here's to hoping for more mind-blowing screens as we get closer to release. :D

Did the graphics really improve are people just seeing new a better locations? Any pic comparisons to show improvements of same area location?

Top Bottom