• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 5 Trailer + Info (Global Servers)

Truespeed said:
Hey guys, bad news. I've had to delay my questionnaire till the end of November. I know a lot of you were looking forward to it, so I'm preparing a prologue questionnaire in the interim.
lol'd

I have no opinion on whether pro physics should be mandatory. I have a G25 so for me pro would be the best option. If it disadvanteges DS3 users too much I'm willing to drive with noob physics.

The inclusion of driving aids should depend on the type of cars we will compete in. I doubt that anyone will have any dfficulties with driving low tier cars without driving aids, but using aids in higher tier races should result in more stable and fair races. We don't want half of all the cars crashing in the first corner. Would be fun to see though.:lol

Stability management should be off at any time.

Lagspike_exe said:
You won't make mistakes if you know how to drive properly.
:lol

-viper-

Banned
I probably wouldn't even have time to participate in a racing league. The only time I'll be able to play GT5 is during the winter break (assuming it gets released then) and only then.

Personally I think assists should be allowed although Pro physics being standard sounds like a good idea.

Gravijah said:
can i answer the questionnaire even if i'm not sure if i have the balls to join :lol

Considering the ammount of people that answered so far you should definitely join :/ Not sure we're gonna have enough people for a Team based league.

-viper- said:
I probably wouldn't even have time to participate in a racing league. The only time I'll be able to play GT5 is during the winter break (assuming it gets released then) and only then.
It's only 1 day a week. We can even make it every other week if it ends up being a problem for many people. Also you don't have to participate in every single race. The more the merrier :p

KingDizzi

Banned
-viper- said:

Personally I think assists should be allowed although Pro physics being standard sounds like a good idea.

If you have time to go on Gaf then you have time to watch TV and play games, just substitute some Gaf time with actual game time. :p That is what I'm doing, playing games and not staying on Gaf for an hour talking about a game which now might or might not release this year.
RDR is a terrible game, terrible terrible terrible turd on a disc.

We should be getting a release date for this game in the next week, hopefully there will be good news!

saladine1

So what's the most realistic date based upon certain clues from Sony and whoever?
Is there really a chance the game might slip into 2011?
Why is the sky blue and who really killed Jimmy Hoffa?
We need answers...

I filled out the questionnaire. Thanks for taking the initiative on this. I'm really excited about the prospect of a GAF league! Hopefully it will be filled with good racing.

spats

dsc05020w.jpg

ft86.jpg

GTPlaneteer SHIRAKAWA Akira pointed out that the dock from the Toyota ft-86 trailer could be the same one as in the We Love Cars CM.

Dead Man

Metalmurphy said:
Need your help guys!

If you are planning on participating on the NeoGAF GT5 Racing League (lets call it NRL for short :p) can you please just answer a few questions of what you think it should be like?

I made a small questionnaire HERE.

It'll only take 2mins and this way I can make the rules and organize dates in a way that works for most people.
Filled out, but I expect Aus/AsiaGAF will have difficulty making the times available.

It looks like Wednesday is going to be a fun day

Gameblog, the very well-known french video game website, will have a special report with, I quote, "tons of exclusive information and a visit of the studio in Japan" next wednesday (27 October). I expect some new stuff because they're very professional and I know that they don't lie.

http://www.directstar.fr/video/n0nuu

Skip to 25:10 for that info.

Credit to bajwadu06 from GTplanet.

Gameblog was the site that got all that info (specifically weather) at TGS 09.

spats said:
[]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/921/dsc05020w.jpg[/IMG]

[]http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/3418/ft86.jpg[/IMG]

GTPlaneteer SHIRAKAWA Akira pointed out that the dock from the Toyota ft-86 trailer could be the same one as in the We Love Cars CM.

For some reason I always thought the FT-86 trailer was using the same area as the Spec III intro. Good to see I was wrong.

Probably a new Photo Travel area.

Mobius 1

spats said:
dsc05020w.jpg

ft86.jpg

That could be any port installation to be honest.

Niks

Regarding the league, I think we should first do casual races and trackdays to see how many people actually show up and what the general level of competition is.

Eliciel

Niks said:
Regarding the league, I think we should first do casual races and trackdays to see how many people actually show up and what the general level of competition is.

this would be fun :D. My general skill in this game is extremely low atm. :p

Firewire

Banned
Niks said:

This.

I also wonder how the teams are going to be made, will it be everyone teams up for themselves or are we going to have something like a TT where everyone gets broken down into skill levels, then making teams with say 1 person from each skill level? The skill level approach is fair, but then doesn't allow for friends who want to form their own teams.

What do we do about times for races. With people on different continents and in different time zones things will get really complicated. So will we restrict teams to the same time zones? How will we get teams from different time zones to race against each other. If a N.A. team is racing against a Euro team or Asian team even if they only meet in a worldwide championship, this will be bloody hell to get organized. This overall can be the biggest hurdle to the league.

And how will subs be used? What's in place to prevent someone with multiple PSN accounts and possibly more than one Gaf account (I'm reaching here) from racing with two or more teams?

How will the cars be exactly broken down. Are we using PP, what about tuning (all stock?), what about tires, what about weather/day/night?

If any or all of my points seem just outright stupid, please forgive me as I've only just woken up. If Metalmurphy can make this work to everyone's satisfaction this should be one hell of an awesome league to race in.

BTW: I filled out the form. :p

spats

Nicely done! The racing league is starting to feel more and more intimidating because of the well-produced content, and soon I'll be afraid to enter. :p

Rflagg

I am not 100% I will be able to do it, but I filled out the questionnaire, because it sounds really fun. I like Firewire's idea about time trails to help keep teams be more balanced and I think it helps keep interest higher.

It's the Schick dynamic theme. It just has a car in this setting

gran-turismo-5-20100616063259245.jpg

With the smoke floating around. I figure that the big dynamic theme will be the one that comes with the European CE and SE.

Omiee

i took the survey as well. realy hope we do an 2 hour race with the option to maybe change drivers and have weather and day night cycle

Firewire

Banned
Hockenheim was on the GT5P weather report. Here's what that looked like

yws7h.png

Credit to SHIRAKAWA Akira for the list.

That doesn't mean that all of those tracks are going to be in the game.

Firewire

Banned
SolidSnakex said:

yws7h.png

There's still no confirmation on Spa right? I really want it in GT5.

-viper-

Banned
Firewire said:
There's still no confirmation on Spa right? I really want it in GT5.
I'm not too fussed about real world tracks with the exception of Spa.

Need Spa! I'm hopeful it will be in since there was a GT picture in PD's offices featuring stickers of tracks like Monza (already in), and Spa

scandisk_

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's safe to say that SPA will be in the game. But how bout Mt. Panorama? Based on Kaz's latest comments (about visitin australia) There's slim to no chance that it'll appear in the game.

SPA and MT. PANORAMA belongs to the TOP 10 tracks in the world IMO. We needz it.

Omiee

Metalmurphy said:
Never noticed Estoril was shown on Prologue. Wouldn't mind Autódromo de Estoril on GT5 :D
if you are gonna set up the league please include a 2 hour race or something.

TylerD

Omiee said:
if you are gonna set up the league please include a 2 hour race or something.

I am hoping that we will be able to just plan single endurance races on our own. I would happily join in on some 2 hr races.

saladine1

scandisk_ said:
I think it's safe to say that SPA will be in the game. But how bout Mt. Panorama? Based on Kaz's latest comments (about visitin australia) There's slim to no chance that it'll appear in the game.

SPA and MT. PANORAMA belongs to the TOP 10 tracks in the world IMO. We needz it.
Well, they are the top two most requested tracks in any racing game. A damn shame that Mt. Panorama will not be featured......a damn shame indeed.

SolidSnakex said:

yws7h.png

I can't wait to be able to check my weather when popping in GT5... Representing Indianapolis!

saladine1 said:
Well, they are the top two most requested tracks in any racing game. A damn shame that Mt. Panorama will not be featured......a damn shame indeed.

GT6 needs it for sure. The 150+ meter elevation change and the high walls, all must be extremely fun to go around.

Top Bottom