• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Gran Turismo 5 Trailer + Info (Global Servers)

Goldrusher

SolidSnakex said:
This is unconfirmed for now, but this German article mentions that Hockenheim is in GT5

http://www.kfz.net/autonews/sls-meets-gt5-36942/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Credit to Jimmay from GTplanet.

Interesting article.

So they (car mag press) got to drive the SLS at Hockenheim, with Bernd Schneider present and taking them on few hot laps as well.
Then a few days later, they visited Polyphony...

Drei Mitarbeiter sortieren nochmals alle Fotos, die als Basis zur Digitalisierung des SLS und der Rennstrecken dienen. Allein 2000 Fotos mit jeweils 25 Megabyte befassen sich nur mit dem Innenraum des SLS. Jede Rennstrecke wurde in über 80 000 Fotos abgelichtet.
• they took 2 000 photos of 25 MB each of the SLS interior alone
• over 80 000 photos for a track

Auf die Daten der Automobilhersteller und der Rennstreckenbetreiber wollen sich Kazunori Yamauchi und sein Team lieber nicht verlassen: "Viel zu ungenau, das ist nicht unser Anspruch", rechtfertigt Yamauchi den immensen Aufwand.
• they never use data from manufacturers, as that's not precise enough :lol

Yoboman

scandisk_ said:
I think it's safe to say that SPA will be in the game. But how bout Mt. Panorama? Based on Kaz's latest comments (about visitin australia) There's slim to no chance that it'll appear in the game.

SPA and MT. PANORAMA belongs to the TOP 10 tracks in the world IMO. We needz it.
What were his comments?

saladine1

Oh Kaz, why haven't you been to Australia yet mate?
It's a beautiful country with beautiful girls and beautiful sandy beaches and poisonous snakes and dingos and cuddly koalas and big crocs and that hat with the corks and strings and shit...
Come down one day, you're more than welcome.

would have preferred the sachsenring to hockenheimring but the more real circuits the better so hopefully that shit hot prologue widget tracklist is in the game

Man... I was testing out some overlays to use on the races replays but boy... I kinda suck at designing stuff... ALOT... :lol

yr5f3.jpg

Any volunteers to help me out with this? I'd ask Niks again but he already did so much :p Don't want to be a burden on anyone.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Metalmurphy said:
Man... I was testing out some overlays to use on the races replays but boy... I kinda suck at designing stuff... ALOT... :lol

Any volunteers to help me out with this? I'd ask Niks again but he already did so much :p Don't want to be a burden on anyone.

Not bad so far.

I would make the font smaller, as you will need 16 players on there. Better than two screens worth. And I would go gray boxes instead of the yellow, to keep with GT5 HUD style.

I always liked the simple F1 style overlay:
vlcsnap2010031210h43m31.png

Goldrusher

16 players could be a problem if he wants it to be readable on YouTube.

Anyway, times should be in this format: 1'00.000

AndyD

aka andydumi
Metalmurphy said:
My idea was to go with a "NeoGAF" theme. Hence the orange and white but yeah, it's starting out to look pretty awful.

I like the logo thing at the top, so that can be enough GAF themeing in itself and the rest can be simpler and more readable.

As to 8-16 it depends on how much info you want to get on there. I guess make a 320x240 image size for youtube standard size and see how it fits in there. But I just tried it and there is not much you can fit in there and still look good. at 480 or 720p its much much better.

Goldrusher is right, time should be either

1'00.000
+0.123

or

1:00.000
+0.123

AndyD

aka andydumi
Fender_Uk said:
todays f1 was so awesome
That it was. I actually quite like the new track. Particularly the second sector. If they remove the walls in the third (for awesome visibility at least the ones on the left side) but keep the layout I would like that sector best. And of course fix that pit entry lane.

Mobius 1

Metalmurphy said:

yr5f3.jpg

I wll help you out, Pm me what you have in mind

SolidSnakex said:
As far as overlays go, would it be possible for you to take one of the end of race screens from GT5 and edit it?

Probably, but that would mean having to wait for the game to come out and only start working after that :p

Norante said:
I wll help you out, Pm me what you have in mind
Will do as soon as I have time to sort some things up.

I was talking to some friends over the weekend and its fuckin depressing to think this game would've been on our hands by next week :(

We were that close damnit!!!

Az

Man tomorrow we would have had the GT5 OT up and the party could get started. Oh well...

But I am really looking forward to the GAF racing league. It will consume my life on weekends. I've been part of online racing leagues for some time now and to the people organizing it just make sure to set some firm rules. Even the most organized leagues tend fall apart due to morons not watching their surroundings and crashing non stop.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Im so ready. I got my new wheel jimmy-rigged to this old ass chair. Please don't be delayed long GT!

http://i52.tinypic.com/34g7e5f.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Looks cool. Where did you buy the wheelstand?
[QUOTE=saladine1]March 2011 confirmed..[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Wazzim]:/

I'm really starting to believe the 2011 rumours...[/QUOTE]
I just pretend we never got an official date for GT5.

offshore

Are you skeptical as to whether we'll get the release date this week as well, Amar? By the end of the month is what Sony said...and next Monday is November, so...this week or bust.

Kaako said:
Damn Bruce, that's a pretty sick setup. :)
I wanna get a seat and G27 so bad as well but no monies right now haha. Spent most of my cash on my new rig.

Just do what I do and convince a well off family member that they need to upgrade all their home media and pass you the "scraps".

-Amon-

BruceLeeRoy said:
Im so ready. I got my new wheel jimmy-rigged to this old ass chair. Please don't be delayed long GT!

34g7e5f.jpg

Good setup. Only thing you have to do is bring the tv down. watching the screen you need to see a little piece of the steering wheel in the lower part of the screen. You have to look directly ahead of you, not above.

offshore

Raelson said:
Is there gonna be a european bundle?
Yes. Can't speak for other countries, but in the UK Amazon and Play are doing a 320GB PS3 + GT5 Collector Edition for £285...which is a great deal.

Raelson

offshore said:
Yes. Can't speak for other countries, but in the UK Amazon and Play are doing a 320GB PS3 + GT5 Collector Edition for £285...which is a great deal.
Indeed it is.
Can't find anyone selling the bundle here in Sweden though. : /

delaying the announcement of a release date for a game already delayed is pretty epic failure. But I bet some here would actually defend it if it happened.

-Amon-

I stand corrected, in your setup the wheel is too low, you'll never get the eye - top of the wheel - lower part of the screen alignement i was saying before.

Bring he tv down however if you can. You should have the center of the screen directly ahead of your eyes, it does not look that way in the pic.

Zaptruder

Banned
-Amon- said:
I stand corrected, in your setup the wheel is too low, you'll never get the eye - top of the wheel - lower part of the screen alignement i was saying before.

Bring he tv down however if you can. You should have the center of the screen directly ahead of your eyes, it does not look that way in the pic.

Place telephone books under the seat.

Top Bottom