• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Mario Tennis screenshots & artworks !

Finally, some fun news. It's been boring as hell around here the last few days. This game looks slick as shit. I love the DKC level.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
The N64 Mario Tennis had a stiff feeling for me... I'm hoping the game feels a lot smoother and more natural, like Sega's tennis games... The big argument with us was Mario Tennis vs Virtua Tennis.

New Mario Tennis screenshots & artworks from the Leipzig games convention, the game is for the first time playable there

Where the hell are impressions!

In any case, I don't think there is much to worry about with regards to the apparent lack of vanilla tennis. I'd imagine that it will be similar to Mario Gol: TT in that there will be a range of offbeat arcade modes in addition to some more sim-like modes.

Looks like great fun. The N64 game was my favourite game last gen, so many hours of 4p madness, so many fights. Playing until dawn was a regular occurance, nothing better than a few beers, a few friends and some MT love.

Thankfully October isn't too far away. Anyone else going for the Japenese release?

M3wThr33

Banned
Heck, any game where you can play as Shy Guy is a win for me! Man, I spent so long playing MT64 with friends who would become enemies. Arguments would constantly erupt during doubles play about who was supposed to be guarding the back half.

NWO

efralope said:
Besides, Mario Tennis + Mario Party 6 (which are probably similar in aethestics and target audience) would probably just eat into each others sales...

Microsoft and Sony have a strong 1st quarter lineup (Unreal 2, Jade Empire, Doom 3, God of War, Killzone, etc...), so it's pretty important for Nintendo to have something to counter this (other than RE4, which is more adult-market), which is what I think is up with these delays...

Who took over your account?

Mario Tennis and Mario Party 6 wouldn't eat into each others sales. Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Party 5 got along quite well last year.

And those Sony and MS games you listed suck or everyone already has them on their PC and know that they suck.

Starfox 2
Resident Evil 4
Fire Emblem
Advance Wars: Under Fire
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Geist
Killer 7
Odama

All in the first half of next year which is a lot for the Cube. Usually they only have 1 or 2 decent games the first half of the year.

Deg

Banned
gc2004mariotennis01.jpg

gc2004mariotennis03.jpg

gc2004mariotennis04.jpg

gc2004mariotennis05.jpg

gc2004mariotennis06.jpg

gc2004mariotennis07.jpg

gc2004mariotennis08.jpg

gc2004mariotennis09.jpg
gc2004mariotennis010.jpg

Deg

Banned
2005 release for US and Europe.

Apparently the extended zelda trailer was shown. No cameras allowed however.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
NWO said:

Mario Tennis and Mario Party 6 wouldn't eat into each others sales. Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Party 5 got along quite well last year.

And those Sony and MS games you listed suck or everyone already has them on their PC and know that they suck.

Starfox 2
Resident Evil 4
Fire Emblem
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Geist
Killer 7
Odama

All in the first half of next year which is a lot for the Cube. Usually they only have 1 or 2 decent games the first half of the year.

I dunno. I dont see all those games making the first half. If be willing to be that Advance Wars, and a couple others will be delayed into the second half.

hirokazu

yes, looks like there'll also be no-obstacles regular tennis courts/modes as in MT64 and not just them themed ones! i didn't like the idea of having stuff go around wrecking your regular tennis play in every single mode as the E3 screenshots/clips suggested.

this looks great though.

Vargas

NWO said:

Starfox 2
Resident Evil 4
Fire Emblem
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Geist
Killer 7
Odama

How do you know that Killzone, God of War and Jade Empire suck? Did you play them on your PC that can some how play PS2 and Xbox games?

Speevy

Banned
Babelfish:

"Figures such as Shy Guy against it put more finesse to answer somewhat to the day and with unbelievable fast Tornadoes Returns. "

Well that pretty much puts to bed that issue.

Memles

Yeah...there was some fur shading on the ball in the first shots back in 2002.

In other news...the Octopus Mode looks pretty damn cool. And, that shot of Wario lifting weights? I'm assuming it is part of the intro, but if not it would be interesting to see them add some FMV similar to the opening of MG:TT into Tournament matches (Finals, and the like) to show them training and intimidating your player(s).

Memles

CVXFREAK said:
There's no excuse for a 2005 release when it's due October in Japan. Without RE4 and Star Fox, this would help out the U.S. lineup a lot.

Wasn't Mario Tennis GCN kind of a surprise release as well? I somehow remember stumbling upon a demo kiosk of the game and thinking "This is coming out soon?" It threw me for a loop.

Still...Tennis+December?

MASB

Mario Tennis, graphic-wise, is really looking solid. I don't know if Mario&Co. have been better portrayed than they are in this game.

Grubdog

Banned
Yay, NORMAL courts! :D

Holy crap, GOTY 2005 has already been decided.

But 2005 is soooo far away, oh well, I've waited 3 years already, another one can't hurt.... *twitches*

Top Bottom