• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New NBC Show: Revolution - Lost meets Jericho - From Eric Kripke and JJ Abrams

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a big comic book fan (hell - I don't think I've opened one in 15 years), but I'm excited for this. If the price is right I'll pick them up for a one-time read... otherwise, I'll just wait for the summary.

Truthfully, I have little faith they can wrap it up in a satisfying manner. The ending of season 2 was atrocious despite season 2 overall being a big step up from the last half of season 1.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Make a 60 minute special at least

Yeah! The least they could do is spend several million dollars wrapping up a show no one gives a shit about! It's like they don't care at all...

Truthfully, I have little faith they can wrap it up in a satisfying manner. The ending of season 2 was atrocious despite season 2 overall being a big step up from the last half of season 1.

They'll have a lot more freedom given the medium, but I don't see how they can wrap things up with only 4 issues.

Asturie

Sorry if this has been answered, but 40 pages is quite a bit to go through. I've never watched this show, but typically enjoy sci-fi shows especially if there are good characters. I have not paid much attention to this show but when it first came out the general consensus was that the show was okay, not great, not bad. At this point would people recommend the show?

jwk94

So we wanted an ending and we got one....in the form of a comic. Yay, right? No, absolutely not. The comic was decent for the first two chapters, and then it fell off a cliff.

The comic started out good and then the pacing just fell to pieces. It's like someone accdentally hit the fast forward button on the VCR and decided to watch the movie like that. Before you're given any time to process what just happened, another thing happens and then another and they just start bombarding you with events that should have some impact to them but without the buildup or the right amount of time between the events, it's like "oh, ummm ok.

You can find it on Facebook. It ends later this month.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
So we wanted an ending and we got one....in the form of a comic. Yay, right? No, absolutely not. The comic was decent for the first two chapters, and then it fell off a cliff.

The comic started out good and then the pacing just fell to pieces. It's like someone accdentally hit the fast forward button on the VCR and decided to watch the movie like that. Before you're given any time to process what just happened, another thing happens and then another and they just start bombarding you with events that should have some impact to them but without the buildup or the right amount of time between the events, it's like "oh, ummm ok.

You can find it on Facebook. It ends later this month.

Thanks for the impressions. I'll probably read it once the entire thing is out (I'm assuming they're releasing it chapter by chapter?).

jwk94

Sounds horrific. I'll wait for a summary/synopsis to pop-up on Wikipedia or somewhere I think.

After the final episode, Miles, Charlie, and Monroe are fighting the good fight against the Patriots. Meanwhile, Rachel, Aaron, and Priscilla are doing their own thing in another town...kinda. Rachel is still obessessing over the nanos and so she gets one of the pendants back online to ward them off. Aaron and Priscilla are initially against this because they want to live a normal life. Next thing you know, Grace shows up half dead because she's been trying to find Rachel while being hunted by nanos. In her dying breaths, she gives them a virus that will kill off the nanos.

So with that, the three of them set off to the White House where the other three are, they team up for one last mission and go to the town we saw at the end of season 3. By now, the nanos are welcoming people with promises of laptops, microwaves, electricity, and such at one cost: their humanity. Essentiallly you're in a society where you can't be angry or show any negative emotions. If you've seen the trailer for "We Happy Few" it's like that. Neville lives here and has forgiven the Patriot president for killing Jason (i forgot about that).

Our band of six waltz into the place because the people want them to stay. Aaron and Priscilla set up shop in a house where they try uploading the virus to a computer. Bass, Rachel, and Miles are just outside the door, ready to kill the approaching citizens (lead by Neville who still shows signs of being evil) just as Aaron and Priscilla walk out with Bass' kid pointing a gun to their head. Something happened to make Bass snap and shoot Neville in the head then all hell breaks loose.

The six of them get behind cover while Aaron and Priscilla try uploading the virus....and get turned into swiss cheese in the process. Since there's no time for mourning, The remaining four run to an alley and get ready for a final fight. Rachel isn't having any of that. She says her apologies and says goodbye to everyone. She gives a kiss to Miles and tell him to look after their daughter. (In hindsight I guess I saw this coming, but whatever).

Rachel takes off her pendent and gets possessed by the nanos or something.

That's what's happened so far.

The sentient nano shit killed the story. I was perfectly happy with a post-technopocalypse political thriller. They should have let it remain a mystery or not make the nanos into gods.

The sentient nano shit killed the story. I was perfectly happy with a post-technopocalypse political thriller. They should have let it remain a mystery or not make the nanos into gods.
I think what happened in the boardroom was they didn't want to draw out mysteries like Lost, but still completely ruined it anyway. Them walking past a shrub infused Wreigley Field should've been one of the most iconic moments in television history.

jwk94

Well it's finally over.
Rachel memorized the virus' codde and said a bunch of 1s and 0s (I wish I was making that up) and killed the Nano and everyone it was possessing, her included. Monroe, torn by the death of his son, leaves, never to be seen by Charlie (who's been narrating) again. Charlie says he might be in South America looking for another war to fight. Power never comes back, Miles and Charlie settle down while Miles finds a new love. Comic ends with Charlie finishing telling the story to Miles' new kid (her half brother, i guess), while they sit in the seat of a ferris wheel with Miles' grave marker not too far off.

Well it's finally over.
Rachel memorized the virus' codde and said a bunch of 1s and 0s (I wish I was making that up) and killed the Nano and everyone it was possessing, her included. Monroe, torn by the death of his son, leaves, never to be seen by Charlie (who's been narrating) again. Charlie says he might be in South America looking for another war to fight. Power never comes back, Miles and Charlie settle down while Miles finds a new love. Comic ends with Charlie finishing telling the story to Miles' new kid (her half brother, i guess), while they sit in the seat of a ferris wheel with Miles' grave marker not too far off.

Why would the power never come back if Rachel killed the nano?

Why would the power never come back if Rachel killed the nano?
Because reasons.

According to the internal logic of the TV show: It would come back because the nano is not actively absorbing the power. Unless of course the advanced AI has been lobotomised and now only performs basic functions.

The virus thing sounds amazing. lol
How long do you think it would take her to literally speak each and every 1 and 0?

So they basically deus ex machina'd that shit. Literally, from episode 1, season 1, a character could have spoken a bunch of 1s and 0s and ended everything (but not have restored power)?

We'll always have you, the first half of season 1.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Well it's finally over.

Hahahahahahahaha, absolutely terrible :(

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Sigh. Such a great first episode too. Sad it ended up this way, but it had the same problem Lost did without the viewership numbers to support the show while the writers figured out what they wanted to do.

jwk94

So they basically deus ex machina'd that shit. Literally, from episode 1, season 1, a character could have spoken a bunch of 1s and 0s and ended everything (but not have restored power)?

We'll always have you, the first half of season 1.

No.
The scene took place inside a world creator for her by the nano. She was in their mind and they were in hers. That's probably why that worked, because they were able to bend things. For instance, she was with pre-blackout Danny and Charlie and then her husband (nano in disguise) came to talk to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom