• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge Trailer + Screens

Dantis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkoWOyUo6Nc

My first thoughts when I watched this were "Hey, this actually looks pretty good...". Then I noticed that some of the areas are from NG2. And the combat is from NG2. And the enemies are from NG1 and 2.

It genuinely bothers me that Hayashi's TN just rolls back to Itagaki's work to fix mistakes. NGS2 brought it closer to NGB to fix NG2's problems. NG3RE brings it to NG2 to fix NG3's problems.

There's also some pretty bullshots. Make of them what you will. Alma is in there, which is bizarre.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/10/2...e-free-dlc-will-add-more-playable-characters/

EDIT: Feature list:

When the revolutionary Wii U console launches across North America on Nov. 18, the lineup of available games will include a riveting action title with features unavailable on any other system. Nintendo has confirmed that NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge for Wii U will launch with new weapons and characters, a redesigned battle system and online multiplayer modes* that let fans savor the adventure together. The game is a powerhouse addition to what promises to be a spectacular software lineup for Wii U.

In NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge, the enigmatic warrior Ryu Hayabusa must fight to lift a curse that threatens to destroy him. Whereas the original NINJA GAIDEN 3 included only three weapons for players to choose from, this new version offers six weapons – Sword, Claws, Scythe, Dual Katana, Staff and Kusari-Gama – each with its own unique strengths. The number of available Ninpo has also been increased from one to three.

The following features and enhancements in NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge are exclusive to Wii U:

Ayane as a playable character: In previous versions of the game, Ayane appeared only briefly in one cut scene. Now players can help her progress through her own exclusive chapters using a special set of weapons and Ninpo attacks.

Character-progression system: Using Karma points earned during game play, players can upgrade weapons and Ninpo, learn new moves, increase their HP level and unlock new character costumes.

Ryu and Ayane playable in co-op mode: For the first time, players can use Ryu or Ayane to represent themselves in the game’s online co-op mode.

Test of Valor battle areas: Each chapter includes a hidden battle area called Test of Valor. Upon finding hidden Crystal Skulls, players will be transported to these areas to face down waves of enemies and classic NINJA GAIDEN boss characters with new moves.

Wii U GamePad Functionality: Using the Wii U GamePad, players can easily change weapons or Ninpo attacks, and also quickly reference the button inputs required for various combo attacks without ever stopping the action.

Additional Playable Characters: After the launch of the game, additional playable characters will become available as free downloadable content. More information about these characters will be revealed at a later time.

More Tenacious Enemies: The Wii U version of the game restores enemies’ ability to fight when severely wounded, requiring players to stay nimble with their battle strategies.
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB. For more information, visit http://ninjagaiden3.nintendo.com.

Malvingt2

OP..

When the revolutionary Wii U console launches across North America on Nov. 18, the lineup of available games will include a riveting action title with features unavailable on any other system. Nintendo has confirmed that NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge for Wii U will launch with new weapons and characters, a redesigned battle system and online multiplayer modes* that let fans savor the adventure together. The game is a powerhouse addition to what promises to be a spectacular software lineup for Wii U.

In NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge, the enigmatic warrior Ryu Hayabusa must fight to lift a curse that threatens to destroy him. Whereas the original NINJA GAIDEN 3 included only three weapons for players to choose from, this new version offers six weapons – Sword, Claws, Scythe, Dual Katana, Staff and Kusari-Gama – each with its own unique strengths. The number of available Ninpo has also been increased from one to three.

The following features and enhancements in NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge are exclusive to Wii U:

Ayane as a playable character: In previous versions of the game, Ayane appeared only briefly in one cut scene. Now players can help her progress through her own exclusive chapters using a special set of weapons and Ninpo attacks.

Character-progression system: Using Karma points earned during game play, players can upgrade weapons and Ninpo, learn new moves, increase their HP level and unlock new character costumes.

Ryu and Ayane playable in co-op mode: For the first time, players can use Ryu or Ayane to represent themselves in the game’s online co-op mode.

Test of Valor battle areas: Each chapter includes a hidden battle area called Test of Valor. Upon finding hidden Crystal Skulls, players will be transported to these areas to face down waves of enemies and classic NINJA GAIDEN boss characters with new moves.

Wii U GamePad Functionality: Using the Wii U GamePad, players can easily change weapons or Ninpo attacks, and also quickly reference the button inputs required for various combo attacks without ever stopping the action.

Additional Playable Characters: After the launch of the game, additional playable characters will become available as free downloadable content. More information about these characters will be revealed at a later time.

More Tenacious Enemies: The Wii U version of the game restores enemies’ ability to fight when severely wounded, requiring players to stay nimble with their battle strategies.
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB. For more information, visit http://ninjagaiden3.nintendo.com.

This game is on my radar now.

I miss team ninja bullshots. I wonder why they didn't release any for vanilla ninja gaiden 3 and ninja gaiden sigma plus? But I'm sure the game will look great once played anyway

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
In NGS2 you could only play a single level(!) as her, but I recall hearing that she's unlockable for the whole game in NG3RE.

I think she's only playable in her own personal campaign

Could it be that they actually managed to fix the game with that 6 months of extra dev time? Starting to actually appear that way.

Pachinko

I'm so glad I skipped NG3 earlier this year, between playtime at PAX and the more recent updates about razors edge it seems that this is the version of the game actually intended for fans of the first 2 titles.

DOA5 was decent , if not a bit too safe so I have some restored faith in Hayashi's Team Ninja. Enough for now that I will quit calling them Team Ninja Dog.

I always had the intent of picking up razors Edge with the Wii U next month and the more I hear about it the more confident I am in this being a wise decision.

Dantis

I'm so glad I skipped NG3 earlier this year, between playtime at PAX and the more recent updates about razors edge it seems that this is the version of the game actually intended for fans of the first 2 titles.

DOA5 was decent , if not a bit too safe so I have some restored faith in Hayashi's Team Ninja. Enough for now that I will quit calling them Team Ninja Dog.

I always had the intent of picking up razors Edge with the Wii U next month and the more I hear about it the more confident I am in this being a wise decision.

Even though I'm disappointed that they're taking the cheap way out as far as fixing NG3 goes, it's still the only Wii U game I'm interested. I'll almost definitely pick it up when I inevitably buy the system.

Never played a NG game before, but this looks pretty neat. Enjoyed the demo of the original well enough, so I might pick this up at launch alongside NSMBU.

Reiko

Banned
NG3 only had 3 weapons? What on Earth possessed them to do that?

That's why I'm looking at the video in the OP in disbelief. Team Ninja actually made a real sequel to Ninja Gaiden 2.

Only problem is the mountain of salt they dumped down on PS3/360 owners.

Kacho

Alright. I'm 100% on board now.

You and me both.

Maybe Kasumi will be part of the free DLC too.... please heavenly father, make it so!

Being able to play Ayana through the whole campaign would make me instabuy this, I came to love her in DOA5.

They were making an Ayana/Kasumi game called DOA:Code Chronos but cancelled it. :/

Ninja Dom

I'm involved.

I bought NG3 on PS3 and completed it on Hard but Master Ninja mode was bullshit and pretty boring.

Deep down I thought NG3 could be better. I'm giving it a second chance.

Also, not enough fighting against Black Spider Clan Ninja's.

Dantis

I'm involved.

I bought NG3 on PS3 and completed it on Hard but Master Ninja mode was bullshit and pretty boring.

Deep down I thought NG3 could be better. I'm giving it a second chance.

Also, not enough fighting against Black Spider Clan Ninja's.

It looks like they've made ninjas the primary enemy now.

Also, can't believe you trudged through it on hard... I turned it down to easy after the first few chapters because I was getting bored out of my mind with the waves of enemies.

Dahbomb

Test of Valor is something more games should have. I would love to have something like that in a DMC game. I want to fight classic Nelo Angelo on a new combat system or classic Vergil as well.

Miyamoto probably just stood over the designer's shoulder and at each section shook his head without saying anything.

Then when they got it right, he just stared at the levels ready to subtley say it sucked all over again.

Het_Nkik

Being able to play Ayana through the whole campaign would make me instabuy this, I came to love her in DOA5.

They were making an Ayana/Kasumi game called DOA:Code Chronos but cancelled it. :/

From the link in the OP:

Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge also adds Ayane to the game as a playable character. Ayane has her own chapters, but a separate mode in the game will let you play all chapters using either her or Ryu. She and Ryu can also team up in a new co-op online multiplayer mode.

Robot Pants

Basically is ng2. Not a bad thing but Jesus.... Hayashi has no clue. Curious to see if this will come back to the Ps3/xbox
Edit: oh Nintendo publishing .....

Dantis

Basically is ng2. Not a bad thing but Jesus.... Hayashi has no clue. Curious to see if this will come back to the Ps3/xbox

Pretty much. NG3 is the only original game his team has made, and they screwed up bad. Everything else they've done (NGDS, NGS, NGS2, NG3RE, DOAD and DOA5) has been an adaptation of Itagaki's work.

It's a bit miserable. Even worse because I consistently buy them.

Ninja Dom

Pretty much. NG3 is the only original game his team has made, and they screwed up bad. Everything else they've done (NGDS, NGS, NGS2, NG3RE, DOAD and DOA5) has been an adaptation of Itagaki's work.

Same. Add Metroid Other M to that list too.

And maybe Yaiba Ninja Gaiden Z.

A.E Suggs

You can't really say that with DOA5 as it actually changed more than DOA3 to DOA4. Fighting games don't really have complete overhalls but DOA5 comes close but yeah you can't really count fighters in general they usually have to be based of previous work or people will be mad.

That said it wasn't even hayashi game anyway.

DR2K

Banned
Looks like I'm buying a WiiU officially. Would have gotten it for bayonetta 2 regardless, but I can step over a few soccer moms this holiday.

Top Bottom