• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge Trailer + Screens

I never really kept up with NG3 because it looked like an abomination from the beginning. This video is better, but holy jaggies batman. Am I crazy or does this look worse than NG2?

bdouble

I'm so down. I was absolutely hooked on NGB so having not played 2 and this copying the some parts and adding to 3 makes me intrigued. I think that its honorable they are trying to put together a compelling package.

Dantis

I never really kept up with NG3 because it looked like an abomination from the beginning. This video is better, but holy jaggies batman. Am I crazy or does this look worse than NG2?

In terms of image quality, maybe worse. Every other way (aesthetically, anyway) it looks a lot better.

Effect

"If we are publishing this, you better damn well fix it..."

I think this is the most likely answer. Nintendo doesn't publish just anything. I'm pretty sure they have a quality standard you have to reach. If you don't make then you go back to work and until you do. This is the company that is willing to redo their own projects if something isn't working. Over turning the tea table as they say. Nintendo's own brand is on the line when they publish a game.

segarr

You and me both.

Maybe Kasumi will be part of the free DLC too.... please heavenly father, make it so!

I don't think it will happen. It seems like they would have done it already if they wanted Kasumi in a NG game.

My guess is either Team Ninja wants her to star in her own game; or they don't want to portray her in such a violent manner.

Anyway, this sold me a Wii-U hehe. I just loves me a good Ninja Gaiden game

Revven

I think this is the most likely answer. Nintendo doesn't publish just anything. I'm pretty sure they have a quality standard you have to reach. If you don't make then you go back to work and until you do. This is the company that is willing to redo their own projects if something isn't working. Over turning the tea table as they say. Nintendo's own brand is on the line when they publish a game.

Maybe we'll get a Iwata Asks... that'll go into some of this?

Do Nintendo published games (but not developed) even get Iwata Asks? I remember Harada for Tekken 3D had a Iwata Asks... soo....

Malvingt2

Do Nintendo published games (but not developed) even get Iwata Asks? I remember Harada for Tekken 3D had a Iwata Asks... soo....

I am hoping that too. A lot of questions about this game situation.

I want to know more about the koei tecmo-nintendo relationship than this game to be honest. I really wanna know whats up between them

Monocle

I'm impressed by how much Team Ninja appears to have improved the game. So what if they did it by restoring features from previous NG titles? They tried to fix what wasn't broken and ended up with a mess on their hands. I'll gladly support a dev that takes it upon themselves to correct course after making a serious misstep.

That said, this kind of sucks for people who bought the original NG3.

I didn't know this game had online co-op, damn.

This launch just keeps looking better and better after all the positive ZombiU impressions today.

Veelk

Banned
While that game looks so much better than what we got, why is everyone getting excited about it?

Currently, it looks like a lesser version of NG2. The weapons are ALL the fucking same.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
While that game looks so much better than what we got, why is everyone getting excited about it?

because Nintendo-only folks have never played those HD Ninja Gaiden games

I did play NG2 but i'm happy to finally see the franchise on a Nintendo HD console

Dead

well not really...yet
wonder if they are also planning an enhanced doa5 for the wiiu if Tec and Nintendo are enjoying a good relationship. The amount of effort gone into improving the original NG3 is pretty absurd...

DR2K

Banned

Currently, it looks like a lesser version of NG2. The weapons are ALL the fucking same.

Which NG2 were you guys playing?

They haven't shown all the weapons or characters.

Gleethor

I could see Ryu showing up in Smash 4 since Tecmo and Nintendo have such good buddies recently.

Interesting that Nintendo publishing NG3 allows it to not suck and Nintendo publishing Bayo 2 allows it to exist. Maybe all Japan developed action games should be Nintendo published...

I don't think it will happen. It seems like they would have done it already if they wanted Kasumi in a NG game.

My guess is either Team Ninja wants her to star in her own game; or they don't want to portray her in such a violent manner.

Anyway, this sold me a Wii-U hehe. I just loves me a good Ninja Gaiden game

They totally teased her for NG3 at the end of NGS2.

Guessing they decided against it and focused on her for DOA5, instead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcAq7l1kEEg&feature=player_detailpage#t=253s

I really want to see this at 60fps. I never had too many issues with the vanilla version, but this could turn out to be something really good. What is the gamepad screen used for, if anything?

GAF, help, I'm getting interested by this game.

This game is terrible and NG2 will never be surpassed. Don't buy it.

Is there a link to a better quality version of this trailer, at first I thought it looked terrible because there were jaggies everywhere but then I realized there are even jaggies on the Tecmo logo and it is just Youtube's shittyness.

Blades64

Banned
I think as far as the jaggies go, it's just in the trailers (they do indeed look terrible), but the actual gameplay videos I've seen looks much better.

zroid

Banned
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually want this game.

There is a nonzero chance of me not only buying it, but buying it at launch. Madness, I know!

Still, I'm too much of a penny pincher to risk it without reading some GAFpressions and reviews.

VariantX

why can't the 360 or ps3 get this version?

Probably going to miss out since I probably won't get a wiiu anytime soon.

Because, Nintendo is paying money for it as well as assisting with development. That's why 360 and PS3 owners won't get any of this stuff.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
First they need to fix NG 2 to be good like NG1.

Well first things first is that they need to make NG1 as good as the NES games...

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Welp. Yet another Wii U game I'm interested in. My poor wallet!

@MUWANdo

Banned

It's worth getting excited about because it shows that they're actually capable of identifying why NG3 was so bad and amending the problems, and that they're not going to just stubbornly defend their terrible game like many devs do. The game itself probably won't be fantastic but it bodes well for NG4.

Top Bottom