• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge Trailer + Screens

Mesharey

They are adding new moves/animations for old weapons, like Kusari-gama.
I wasn't excited for NG3, but this one looks good.

Daschysta

It would be hilarious if this game ends up being an 8+ after the initial release, would be a worthy Wii-U exclusive, this is looking much improved over its original incarnation. Has any "remaster" so radically changed so many mechanics and added so many modes before? None that I can remember.

danmaku

At least they're putting some effort in this version. I'll wait for reviews, though. And this game better support the fake 360 pad.

I think it looks great, just what a ninja gaiden game should look like but I won't be buying it because I bought ninja gaiden 3 in good faith and for them to not fix that and instead force fans to buy a new version, at full price, is unacceptable and should not be supported.

I will buy it pre-owned at some point in the future. I refuse to support such poor business practices.

Daschysta

I think it looks great, just what a ninja gaiden game should look like but I won't be buying it because I bought ninja gaiden 3 in good faith and for them to not fix that and instead force fans to buy a new version, at full price, is unacceptable and should not be supported.

I will buy it pre-owned at some point in the future. I refuse to support such poor business practices.

Isn't Nintendo Publishing? I doubt that Tecmo was going to give them a budget to double down on what they saw as a huge failure without Nintendo's financial backing.

fi1ip

Ninja Gaiden II-2

Hayashi's team ninja practically admitting their vision for NG3 was a huge mistake. While other developers are just adding touch screen functionality to their Wii U ports, team ninja taking the opportunity to fix the big mess they have made with NG3.

While I'm glad they at least realize they have failed with NG3, this unfortunately just reminds me of how much this series is hopeless without Itagaki..

Isn't Nintendo Publishing? I doubt that Tecmo was going to give them a budget to double down on what they saw as a huge failure without Nintendo's financial backing.

I didn't know nintendo were publishing and I guess that makes sense why they would abandon ps3 and 360 owners of the game, but it still leaves a very bitter aftertaste knowing the game is fixed on another console and that people who already own the game won't be able to update their game.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
OP..

This game is on my radar now.

Yes, it's hard to consider it as a "late port" as for other wii u launch titles, but neither a GOTY edition, imho.
It's "more" and "different". Due to the PAL slight delay, I'll wait for US reviews/Gaffers to help me in finding out how much improved is compared to the first disappointing release.

lol So, this one actually really isn't the same game. You know, not the same content.
And yet, of all the ,,ports'' it's the one to get delayed to 2013 apparently (at least in EU). Such a mess of a launch, I would have certainly given that game a try now with such weak competition on the WiiU this year...

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty much sold on this as well.

I won't buy a Wii-U for this, but it is now alongside Wonderful 101 as one of my inevitable pickups when I get the thing for Bayonetta 2

Skilletor

They fix the shitty area and structure of NG3 by adding in areas of past NG games.

Fucking Hayashi.

Now interested :/. Don't really care about where I'm fighting as long as the fighting is fun.

That Youtube video in the OP is weird.

All this action, glaives flailing all over the place, then it just STOPS 3/4 of the way through and shows links.

ultim8p00

Banned
Will double dip because I'm such a huge fan of the series. The Wii exclusivity is bullshit though, and is the only reason I am buying a WiiU. They better not release an Ultimate version on PS360.

A.E Suggs

They fix the shitty area and structure of NG3 by adding in areas of past NG games.

Fucking Hayashi.

Now interested :/. Don't really care about where I'm fighting as long as the fighting is fun.

I hear that lol.

Edit:Damnit I just realized nintendo strategy is working, I didn't want a wiiU at all but then Bayo 2 was announced, then TTT2 showed off those costumes, MH3U was revealed to come to the west on wiiU and now this game has things I want. Damn you Nintendo!!DAMN YOUUUU!

Are they also fixing the bugs in DS2?

I really want to know this as well honestly. I remember reading something about it having better lighting and textures, but I'm not sure where from.

Don't worry. This way you're already prepared for the superior Bayonetta 2 when it drops.

Lmao, there is no amount of fixing they could do to any version on NG that would make it better than Bayonetta 2. Yes, I know this will come to pass.

Still worried about level design but it looks more and more like a proper NG game. What's the deal with the game not being released in Europe this year.

Still worried about level design but it looks more and more like a proper NG game. What's the deal with the game not being released in Europe this year.

Do you think it may have something to do with the certification process? I'm not sure how things like this work in Euro terms, with the dismemberment and whatnot being placed back in to full tilt. I mean the game is nearly done, and there is little translation from NTSC to Pal right?

Effect

At any point in NG3 or in the past games (never played them) is there a time when the action slows down for you to catch you breath? A hub world of some kind, mission briefings, etc? Or do you just move from area to area taking part in non-stop action?

In terms of the ride is it more Call of Duty or at all close to say Batman: Arkham Asylum (highs and lows in the actions)?

I'm almost done with Batman: AA and looking for another game when the Wii U comes out to of a similar style (third person, action/adventure). Not ready for more Batman so the choice is coming down between Assassin's Creed 3 (never played any of the AC games either) or Ninja Gaiden 3: RE.

DR2K

Banned
At any point in NG3 or in the past games (never played them) is there a time when the action slows down for you to catch you breath? A hub world of some kind, mission briefings, etc? Or do you just move from area to area taking part in non-stop action?

In terms of the ride is it more Call of Duty or at all close to say Batman: Arkham Asylum (highs and lows in the actions)?

I'm almost done with Batman: AA and looking for another game when the Wii U comes out to of a similar style (third person, action/adventure). Not ready for more Batman so the choice is coming down between Assassin's Creed 3 or Ninja Gaiden 3: RE.

Don't know about NG3, but there was exploration/plaforming sections in NG1 and 2. More action than anything else though. Nothing like Batman for sure.

Nibel

Man, this really makes me wanna jump in and unleash my inner ninja

If reviews and impressions are good, I'll probably get it. I missed Ryu so much

Hiltz

I'd be open to getting into the Ninja Gaiden series, but it may be later time if this game reviews poorly despite the improvements and extra content included.

ok. going to switch my Assassin's Creed III Wii U preorder to this, and get AC3 on PC especially after hearing about all the technical issues on consoles. this looks awesome.

radcliff

The old school Ryu costume sold me. Since I hated Ninja Gaiden III on NES (damned limited continues), in my mind the true Ninja Gaiden Trilogy will be Ninja Gaiden (NES), Ninja Gaiden II: Dark Sword of Chaos (NES), and Ninja Gaiden III: Razor's Edge (Wii U).

dan2026

So does this mean Ninja Gaiden II will finally have a decent framerate?

And if they are combining the small mess that was Ninja Gaiden II and the giant mess that was Ninja Gaiden III what does that even make?

.la1n

So does this mean Ninja Gaiden II will finally have a decent framerate?

And if they are combining the small mess that was Ninja Gaiden II and the giant mess that was Ninja Gaiden III what does that even make?

At this point, nobody knows. Possibly something fun to play?

Top Bottom