• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge Trailer + Screens

Man God

Non-Canon Member
So, they are feeling the same felt by GC / XBX owners when Namco announced Soul Calibur 3 for PS2 only...

Believe, they will recover from this...

Well that's going from a great game to a shitty game.

This is the rare possible instance of a completely terrible game getting a port that fixes it.

P90

I have my preorder in. I will raise a glass of sake (or two or three) to Team Ninja if Kasumi is a playable character.

Imagine the meltdown if Samus is playable... Ain't gonna happen, but still. Or at least a space pirate level.

I have my preorder in. I will raise a glass of sake (or two or three) to Team Ninja if Kasumi is a playable character.

Imagine the meltdown if Samus is playable... Ain't gonna happen, but still. Or at least a space pirate level.

why would anyone Meltdown for Samus?

I do hope for Kasumi as well

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty torn right now. I want to get this game, but I'm already getting four other titles at launch.

Wait?

It's not going anywhere

My brother is getting a Wii-U but I'm still gonna hold off on this, despite being really interested

Linkhero1

Wait?

It's not going anywhere

My brother is getting a Wii-U but I'm still gonna hold off on this, despite being really interested

The thing is, I'm almost sure I'll end up not buying it later on when games I want start rolling out. I'll see in the next few weeks.

Spiderduff

I never gave NG 3 a look since the horrid reviews it got. Can you really tell the difference between the Wii U redesign and the NG 3? Again didn't look much into the original NG3.

hatchx

Banned
So, they are feeling the same felt by GC / XBX owners when Namco announced Soul Calibur 3 for PS2 only...

Believe, they will recover from this...

Looking at the sales of Soul Calibur 5, I'm not so sure the fans did recover.

I wonder what the future of Ninja Gaiden holds. I don't think NG3 did terribly well, and I really doubt the WiiU version will either.

I don't know if we'll see NG4 for awhile, and when we do, it may need some exclusive publisher like Microsoft or Nintendo.

zroid

Banned
I never gave NG 3 a look since the horrid reviews it got. Can you really tell the difference between the Wii U redesign and the NG 3? Again didn't look much into the original NG3.

the gameplay is very, very different (and improved). i think it remains to be seen how the level design will be affected, if at all, because for many people it was equally egregious.

Dantis

Sigma 2 had co-op missions, but by all accounts, they were completely terrible.

Yep, they were.

Also, a couple of points on the new trailer:

1) Lots of emphasis on the 'new' costumes. They're recycled. Silly Hayashi TN needs to learn the difference.

2) They've ported Ayane's costume from DOA5, but not the face, so it looks a bit weird.

3) Ayane's voice is amazingly irritating. Should have used the DOA5 actress.

Dantis

Eh, what? They were awesome. Shame the netcode was shit.

Some of them were impossible with an AI partner.

They would have been fine if they'd made single player equivalents of them, but nooooo. AI, online or don't play.

DR2K

Banned
Some of them were impossible with an AI partner.

They would have been fine if they'd made single player equivalents of them, but nooooo. AI, online or don't play.

Game was excellent with a solid partner and a stable netcode. Shame the second one rarely happened. Worse lag in any game I've ever dealt with.

Game was excellent with a solid partner and a stable netcode. Shame the second one rarely happened. Worse lag in any game I've ever dealt with.

there were moments in Sigma 2 lag where I could see every single frame of the animation. It was kinda like watching a flipbook in slow-motion.

But fuck it man, I needed them trophies

Sadist

Is... it weird that I like this new trailer?

Never played the original. Last NG I played was Dragon Sword so...

This is the version of NG3 that should of materialized in the first place, but oh well, what can you do? I still enjoyed it believe it or not. Unfortunately, even though this is the definitive version of NG3, I don't think it's still going to sell too well. We will see though. Being a launch game might help a little.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
must...resist...preorder

love these games, even though I'm horrible at 'em. I will not preorder before reviews and general consensus but damn...it's looking hot

bon

This is the version of NG3 that should of materialized in the first place, but oh well, what can you do? I still enjoyed it believe it or not. Unfortunately, even though this is the definitive version of NG3, I don't think it's still going to sell too well. We will see though. Being a launch game might help a little.

I think it has a good chance of outselling vanilla NG3. Being a launch title can work wonders, Nintendo's helping promote it, and they're doing a pretty good job of showing off the new/fixed things in this version.

Yuripaw

Banned
It's been a long time since I've actually played a Ninja Gaiden game...played and beat NG1 on the xbox, and I tried NGS2 on PS3, but never beat it.

Other than gameplay complaints about the original version of NG3, if they fix the game enough with Razor's Edge to make it play like one of the good NG games, would NG3 be worth playing?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
We'll see Nintendo isnt like microsoft.

But it's the exact same arrangement, Tecmo published NG2 in Japan and Koei Tecmo is publishing this in Japan. It's not a deal to take over as the publisher, unlike Bayonetta 2. This could end up on other platforms as a "Sigma" edition or something quite easily.

Instro

But it's the exact same arrangement, Tecmo published NG2 in Japan and Koei Tecmo is publishing this in Japan. It's not a deal to take over as the publisher, unlike Bayonetta 2. This could end up on other platforms as a "Sigma" edition or something quite easily.

Well, I think that would be a bit optimistic for other platform owners as Nintendo has staff assisting with development on this version of NG3. I'd have a hard time believing Nintendo isn't going to lock this down to their platform, at least for a significant amount of time anyway.

name change and even more features and code changes would help ease away from the Nintendo Published Razor's Edge I think. So in that case it would hardly be the same game being ported over.

Well, I think that would be a bit optimistic for other platform owners as Nintendo has staff assisting with development on this version of NG3. I'd have a hard time believing Nintendo isn't going to lock this down to their platform, at least for a significant amount of time anyway.

Yeah, that right there may be the nail in the coffin as far as this goes.

Top Bottom