• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Pokken character being revealed on the 15th January

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I hope Aunt Shoko won't spoil it again.

also reposting

A visual list courtesy of /vp/

l0rXlgh.jpg

A part of me really hopes that it's Metapod as a playable fighter, I mean finally we get to do this;

tumblr_n2j5nnjmt11tthhlho1_500.gif

masturbation is illegal in tournaments of all kinds

Macka

It's going to be Swampert, sadly. :/

From that list I'd much prefer Hitmontop, Hitmonlee or Heracross. Or Gliscor. Or Sableye!

Boss Doggie

It's going to be Swampert, sadly. :/

From that list I'd much prefer Hitmontop, Hitmonlee or Heracross. Or Gliscor. Or Sableye!

I dunno if it was Swampert it shouldn't be that one guy who got it.

I mean, don't you find it fishy that they bring up the "staff reaction" thing whereas Sceptile didn't have any?

I dunno if it was Swampert it shouldn't be that one guy who got it.

I mean, don't you find it fishy that they bring up the "staff reaction" thing whereas Sceptile didn't have any?
Did the staff know the syllable thing? Or did they get the color hint? Swamperts not a super likely pick if you have all of the Pokemon to go by.

Boss Doggie

Did the staff know the syllable thing? Or did they get the color hint? Swamperts not a super likely pick if you have all of the Pokemon to go by.

Not sure, but with how it was posted I'd argue they were given the hint, made a guess, then had their reactions recorded in the poll.

ahdurian

I would really hope it's one of the Hitmons. Seriously...it's a fighting game

Eitehr that or include Heracross since in the anime he was such a boss

it's probably going to be Swampert though mainly since they could include his Mega-evolution into it

Not sure, but with how it was posted I'd argue they were given the hint, made a guess, then had their reactions recorded in the poll.
Hmm that's interesting. But I mean if I didn't have the (maybe nonexistent) color hint I'd be guessing characters like Heracross, the Hitmons, and Tyranitar over Swampert anyway.

Boss Doggie

Hmm that's interesting. But I mean if I didn't have the (maybe nonexistent) color hint I'd be guessing characters like Heracross, the Hitmons, and Tyranitar over Swampert anyway.

I get the feeling the color hint is just some coincidence. Hell it's up there in the conspiracy on the poll colors showing typing hint and such :p

blitzkrieg184

Neo Member
Come on scyther! It's totally not scyther but I really want it to be scyther! Scyther is the coolest Pokemon ever! Did I mention I liked scyther?

Luvdisc couldn't possibly be a more terrible fit for a fighting game.
I agree! But that would make it a pretty enjoyable pick I think. Like who would pass up to play as Luvdisc, let alone we'd have to except that apparently Luvdisc is more deserving than Hawlucha lol

Granbull is the right mix of garbage Pokemon and "looks like they could fight" I think to be truly disappointing. Like that lancelet Pokemon is lame but it would be funny if he was the gen v rep.

Zomba13

It's Swampert. Ties in to the Ru/Sa remakes, finishes off the Gen 3 starter set along with Sceptile and Blaziken.

Dare to dream that its Sudowoodo.

Edit: Or maybe I should read up a bit more in that it has to have that "ra/la" character in its name. Personally out of that list, I think Landorus would be pretty cool.

Pizza

If it's aggron in*will* shit my pants. Not that I'm going to get my hopes up, but if my fucking favorite Pokemon gets chosen for tekken I'll forgive the devs for making co op use the gamepad

Um, why is there a text list and then a picture list? They don't match up.

The picture list was missing a few Pokemon. I've updated the OP with what should be the full list, with the support Pokemon noted. The other text list on the first page only included fully evolved Pokemon that weren't fish.

I wish I could be excited about this but I fully expect it to be another pokemon I don't want to play. I've been hoping I could look forward to this game since I first heard of it but the whole roster is a wash for me so far :/

J@hranimo

Banned
The picture list was missing a few Pokemon. I've updated the OP with what should be the full list, with the support Pokemon noted. The other text list on the first page only included fully evolved Pokemon that weren't fish.

Yeah, the post in /vp/ said they forgot a few.

Ok thanks. Some friends and I made a bet on who would be chosen based on the list and I didn't want to forget anyone :p

Zalman

I'd say it's most likely someone with a Mega Evolution, but I hope I'm wrong since it would be cool to see the underdogs get some spotlight.

Razmos

Darkrai could be an interesting one, but it would probably fight quite similarly to Gengar.

Florges is a pokemon I hadn't considered, but I think could work, bring some flower power into the game and have another feminine looking pokemon alongside Gardevoir.

ash_ag

From the more realistic options, my favourite one would be Heracross. Although there are a few more Bug-type Pokémon that could realistically be on Pokkén, Heracross is the most obvious choice. It's a Fighting-type, it has a Mega Evolution, it's kinda popular, but not so popular that you find it boring -- most of all, it's really cool-looking and could have a very interesting moveset. Perfect for the role!

By the way, regarding type representation. So far we have:
  • Dark: 1
  • Dragon: 0/2
  • Electric: 2
  • Fairy: 1
  • Fighting: 3/4
  • Fire: 2
  • Flying: 1/0
  • Ghost: 1
  • Grass: 1
  • Ice: 1
  • Poison: 1
  • Psychic: 2
  • Steel: 1
  • Water: 1
Missing:
  • Bug
  • Ground
  • Normal
  • Rock

I don't think all types have to be represented, but there's little doubt that it is in the thought process of the developers, which makes it worth thinking about.

Macka

Snorlax for Normal, Tyranitar for Rock.

Scyther, Heracross, Scizor or Genesect for Bug.

Donphan or Krookodile for Ground.

I hate Hawlucha, glad it's not in the speculation

I'm SUPER down for
Hitmontop
Chatot
Darkrai
Vanilluxe
Chandelure
Tyrantrum

But ANYTHING except Heatran, please. Easily my least favorite Pokemon

Top Bottom