• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS3 Exclusive Revealed Next Week On GTTV (Superbot's PS All-Stars)

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Lady Gaga

ibxdNJJmIsnjEp.gif

lets not

OT: i am excited, I just want Sackboy to be killing Kratos or something of that sort

botty

Banned
Yeah, that's a good possibility. Sony seems to support a lot of new independent developers by publishing their games and funding their projects, and then buy them up as a first party studio if they prove themselves to be worthy.

Insomniac was the same way, and probably got a lot of offers to be purchased by Sony but they decided they'd rather go mulitplatform. They seem like the exception though, because a lot of others like Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, etc. ended up getting bought by Sony.

I think Evolution studios might have been independent at one point as well? Or were they always owned by Sony?
That does explain Sony's varied, and high class art styled projects.

That or they are a new untested developer. They would have a hard time pitching projects to other publishers.

This gives them a chance to put out a game and then go from there. Although Sony may have a multiple game deal with them before they can branch out.

This is probably the answer I've been looking for. I guess in return for making this game, and it's sequel (if it is successful), they are obligated to stick with Sony.

Thanks for the knowledge.

Huff

Banned

This is probably the answer I've been looking for. I guess in return for making this game, and it's sequel (if it is successful), they are obligated to stick with Sony.

It's possible to break any deal. I don't work in the industry, but I assume that would get around and make you look pretty bad to other publishers in an already unsteady situation for anyone but the top tier of developers

Takuya

Banned

By the description on their company webpage, it would seem as if they develop exclusively for Sony, not developing a few exclusive games for Sony.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
*turns on TV to Spike*

*some guy having sex with a racoon*

*turns off TV*

Yeaaah... I'm just gonna leave the TV off until it's time...

botty

Banned
By the description on their company webpage, it would seem as if they develop exclusively for Sony, not developing a few exclusive games for Sony.

Well I was just saying that if this game becomes a hit, this is probably what Sony will have them do for the most part.

Raonak

Banned

And more importantly, all the sony characters, are owned by sony. so they couldn't make PS All-Stars go multiplatform unless sony wanted it to.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
If they don't have a level that's on a colossus then I'm calling shenanigans.

Hmm I wonder if TLG griffin would make an appearance.

botty

Banned
And more importantly, all the sony characters, are owned by sony. so they couldn't make PS All-Stars go multiplatform unless sony wanted it to.

Yeah, I get that. But as I was checking their website, I noticed it stated they were developing exclusively for Sony, as in all future work. But I didn't know they were independent until today.

Top Bottom