• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New series, The Orville coming this fall from FOX starring/created by Seth McFarlane

My love of Star Trek/Space and Sci Fi has me excited for this...but I've liked Family guy or Seths style of comedy....so I have mixed feelings about this.

Lagamorph

So.....not this Orville then?

o-KEITH-HARRIS-570.jpg

ZeoVGM

Banned
Trailer looked really fun.

Seth is insanely talented and has a legitimate love for space so I'm down for this.

JdFoX187

Banned
It looks...decent? As a big Trek fan, I'll watch it. But seeing the sets and the admittedly decent (for television) special effects, it makes me wish we just had a decent new Trek series instead of this. And I'm not sure there's much hope for whatever the hell Star Trek Discovery turns out to be.

Noooooo

I want this badly but I don't want Seth behind or in front of the camera.

This feels like receiving a delicious birthday cake but the icing is literal shit.

ZeoVGM

Banned
McFarlane has his hands on Fox balls so I wouldn't be surprised that this does end succeeding.

I'm not quite sure how Seth having his "hands on Fox balls" would make the show have good ratings.

If it's a complete ratings disaster, Fox will cancel it.

Kurdel

Banned
What is the over under that his character was cryogenically frozen, and makes hilariously out of date jokes and references?

Cardon

Looked okay. It would be nice if the show ends up being akin to Red Dwarf in how it's a bunch of silliness with the occasional ep showing a bit of depth with the characters and writing.

But ultimately whether the show reaches the level of RD is if Fox doesn't can it after 5 eps.

Breads

Banned
I know a lot of people hated the idea, but I wish he would have gotten to reboot The Flintstones just to see what that would have been like. I think his silly humor along with just enough reigning in by Fox to keep The Flintstones at least at cool PG-13 levels could have been a potentially good combination.

I personally loved the idea. Although I don't like Family Guy any more I am still a Seth McFarlane fan and still regularly watch old FG and all of American Dad and I was looking forward to seeing the Flintstones thing coming to fruition and can't believe something like Bordertown was greenlit instead.

Savitar

His recent works has been pretty shitty, and I'm not just talking about the episode that Stewie made Brian eat his poop. Perhaps he'll make a good show but not counting on it.

ElRenoRaven

Trailer started off slow but it got funnier as it went. I'll give it a shot. Probably be lucky to last a season but oh well.

I might actually watch this. I don't like Family Guy and didn't really like the Ted movies, but I'm okay with Seth McFarlane anywhere else. I'll give it a chance.

ViciousDS

Banned
I don't know......seemed to make me smile throughout the trailer

thats enough to give it a go.

I liked a million ways to die in the west

Lol after his last few movies tanking? Fox got the balls

Ted 2 made like $216 million with a $60 mil budget and A million ways to die in the west made double its budget......what fucking tanks are you smoking?

His movies aren't huge but they easily make double of the budget

watch it be better than Discovery

I believe this.

Everything about Discovery annoys me.

At least with this, we MIGHT get weekly Galaxy Quest, ie, traditional trek values and themes + humor.

Discovery feels like, "Hey! We watched Galactica. We can do that!"

Trailer didn't look that bad but my god is Seth McFarlane a terrible actor, zero charisma and he can only do two faces. It must be unbearable to watch a series with him as the lead. Great voice though.

Top Bottom