• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Splinter Cell Double Agent images (360 version) - BlimBlim calls BS (bullshot)

Blimblim

The Inside Track
906_0001.jpg

906_0002.jpg

906_0003.jpg

906_0004.jpg

906_0005.jpg

906_0006.jpg

906_0007.jpg

906_0008.jpg

Ubisoft also finally launched the official site for the game, http://splintercell.us.ubi.com/doubleagent/

Amir0x

Banned
holy shit that looks incredible. finally a current gen up-port that isn't a ****ing joke of an afterthought

oh man i really want to say that (you know! THAT), just for laughs! This game > THAT.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
Must, refrain, from excitement. Still, made, by, Shangai.

Looking much, much more impressive. Much. But, I still cannot get hyped, no matter what, due to the Shangai name attached. I hope for the best and a super pleasant surprise, but I just can't let myself get too excited.

Rabid Pancake

TheTrin's underpaid lackey
Lack of Michael Ironside makes this game loose. I'm pretty Tom Clancy has just gone off to do something else. First Rainbow Six: Los Vegas and now this... for shame.

BigBoss

Rabid Pancake said:
Lack of Michael Ironside makes this game loose. I'm pretty Tom Clancy has just gone off to do something else. First Rainbow Six: Los Vegas and now this... for shame.

Since when is Ironside not returning?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Btw these are obvious high res renders using the game assets, the images were in 1920x1080 resolution with no sign of aliasing when Ubisoft sent them to me. Not that the game didn't look great during E3 of course.

squicken

There was a demo on Gamespot E3 booth show with the devs. Michael Ironside is definitely returning. President Palmer is the one who won't be back. But it's Ubi Shanghai, so I'm not optimistic.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Blimblim said:
Yes, but except for the aliasing and texture filtering, the game usually ends up looking the same.
I don't know, I do see aliasing (the cables) and some LOD. These look like the typical ultra-high res screenshots we all know.

squicken

Wafflecopter said:
Haysbert was only in one Splinter Cell, and that was Pandora.

I didn't know that. The Gamespot interviewer asked about those two actors, and the Ubi guy said no/Haysbert yes/Ironside.

Il Comodino

sorry about his english
Agent Icebeezy said:
While not saying that it isn't coming, UBI has made no acknowledgement about that. Considering in contrast everybody in the world knows the 360 is getting Assassin's Creed.

I agree with you, but infact I ask "when" and not "if" :)

EekTheKat

It's a fairly safe assumption that in the final game it'll be Michael Ironside.

SC:Essentials had some videos I think that made people think they had replaced him (it was even written in a preview of SC:E that Ironside was replaced), but in the final game it was still Michael Ironside. His name was even listed in the credits (along with the original Lambert Don Jordan).

BTW IMDB also doesn't list Splinter Cell Essentials under the list of works Michael Ironside has been in, but yet he's definately listed in the credits in the game.

Given the interwoven nature between SC:E + SC: DA, odds are pretty good they have him for the final game of SC: DA.

Peru

Looks like they've taken the series in the right direction from what I've seen of shots and gameplay at E3. Looks great.

Borys

Banned
Agent Icebeezy said:
While not saying that it isn't coming, UBI has made no acknowledgement about that. Considering in contrast everybody in the world knows the 360 is getting Assassin's Creed.

Was Splinter Cell 1, 2, 3 Xbox exclusive?

If you are going to play "IT'S UBISOFT! MULTIPLATFORM FTW!" card in every Assassin's Creed and Mercenaries 2 thread out there please continue playing it in SC: DA threads otherwise it makes you a damn hypocrite.

Thank you.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
906_0008.jpg

Does this remind anyone else of the start of MGS1?

Kangu

Banned
Ok, it's one thing to render you game at ubber res and then AA the hell out of it and release screenshots but whatever the **** Ubi's PR department is doing it's not even in the same league. They don't just do all the rendering tricks they seem to apply some kind of paint filter that makes the shots look really fake, almost like concept art. Bullshots if I ever saw them.

The Rainbow Six shots have the same crap going on, same goes for the original red steel shots and, although it's not by Ubi, some of the released GoW screenshots have this 'look'. Oddly enough Assasins creed doesn't seem to have gotten the same treatment.

Really I'm sure the game looks phenomenal, but these MAXIMized screenshots aren't even close to giving you an idea of what the game looks like.

Kuroyume

Banned
The game looked pretty much like this during e3. Check out the videos.

I can't wait to play the parts of the game where you're locked in prison. It should be hot. :D

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Stryder said:
Aren't these pics old?
I had looked on IGN and Gamespot and they did not have these shots. But yes after more searching it looks like 1up actually posted these in 2 months ago, but in much lower resolution.
My bad.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Kangu said:
Ok, it's one thing to render you game at ubber res and then AA the hell out of it and release screenshots but whatever the **** Ubi's PR department is doing it's not even in the same league. They don't just do all the rendering tricks they seem to apply some kind of paint filter that makes the shots look really fake, almost like concept art. Bullshots if I ever saw them.
Actually these screens are fairly decent. The photoshop use is quite scarce compared with the crazyness of the first screens. For some reason Ubi loves to increase the texture detail with filters

906_0004.jpg

That car is so obviously photoshopped it is not even funny. But the rest looks pretty OK.

Amir0x

Banned
Blimblim said:
I had looked on IGN and Gamespot and they did not have these shots. But yes after more searching it looks like 1up actually posted these in 2 months ago, but in much lower resolution.
My bad.

ZEY ARE BEWTEHFULL, NO NEED TO APOLOGIZE

Top Bottom