• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Splinter Cell Double Agent images (360 version) - BlimBlim calls BS (bullshot)

JB1981

I think Legless Guy is a prisoner you happen upon after he's through being tortured. Anyway, this game looks hot.

mikeGFG

Banned
Kobold said:
The birth of LEGLESS GUY!

Haha, in the E3 demo this dude was cluthing (he still is if you look closely) a grenade and he will drop it if you enter the room and he dies.

RUUUUUN *BOOM*. Pretty cool! :D Gorgeous shots, totally awesome game, can not wait to play the final game.

Yeah the game looks hawt in motion. Really surprising considering it's a Ubi Shanghai port. Kudos to them.

Did they ever demo any levels besides the Ice one? I can't seem to find any videos of the Desert Prision area.

BigBoss

Mike G.E.D. said:
Yeah the game looks hawt in motion. Really surprising considering it's a Ubi Shanghai port. Kudos to them.

Did they ever demo any levels besides the Ice one? I can't seem to find any videos of the Desert Prision area.

Check gametrailers, they should have footage of the desert area.

Foil

Wafflecopter said:
They should bring Haysbert back as well.

Totally, he did an awesome job in Pandora. I'd love to see him back for Splinter Cell 5.

If there ever was a Splinter Cell movie, he'd be perfect for the role of Lambert.

Mark Gonzales said:
This looks barely better I mean barely better than the last Splinter Cell maxed out on my computer. It should look ALOT better than that.

I didn't know they released a version for Cray.

T047838A.jpg

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Aww man, PLEASE don't make me buy another Splinter Cell... besides the touch-ups, those look spectacular...

And seeing as I've seen it in motion I don't need to worry about the graphics as it look pretty much the same...

Just please make the multiplayer look as good as the single player this time, okay Ubi?

Kuroyume

Banned
Get your eyes checked. This game looks way better than CT. The skin actually looks like skin and not plastic. In fact, that's the best skin I have seen any non-sport next gen game.

krypt0nian said:
Crap that's right.....isn't Starforce almost done for?

Yes. Ubi doesn't support it anymore, but as to whether CT still has it (more importantly to me the D2D version) remains to be seen :(. Only 20 bucks on D2D. I just hope people still partake in the multi.

snatches

For those people who actually have the nerve to hate on these screens, please answer the following questions:

1) Could you explain where in these screens need improvement and what you would do to improve them?

2) Have you had your eyes checked in the last 12 months?

3) This looks bad/not up to snuff compared to WHAT exactly?

Thanks

snatches-keeping trolls honest since 1996

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I wish the version I played looked like that! Then again I think the version MS had was a pre E3 alpha or something, it was heavily glitched.

I love the SC series, buying it on DAY ONE.

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Mike G.E.D. said:

The ice level is the one where you parachute down, then you take out those two dudes you like you see in the screenshot and you swim under ice and grab a dude from below a weak spot in the iceplate above.

The 'desert' level is the one where there is rebels fighting a government army or something and you go in between. You get to prevent executions, you see the legless guy drop a grenade and gurgle when he dies, there is the tank, some more explosions, and then you climb a tower and you grab a sniper rifle and you have to either kill the badguy or a CIA agent. You kill the badguy you get props from NSA, but bad rep with the terrorists, you kill the CIA dude obviously you get bad rep from the CIA but kudos from the terorrists you infiltrate, etc. These two are like an 'angel and demon' on your shoulder talking you into doing shit for them.

Also there was the chopper level, all you do there is steer the chopper really short, that wasn't really finished but looked cool.

OH there was also the killing of the innocent person in the terrorist lair, where you shoot him from first person to please the leader, or you don't and the leader does it but is pissed at you.

Totally awesome, it looks like these shots no doubt, albeith these are high res render scaled down, probably. There was a huge difference at the stand, because most TV's there, samsung HDTV's were plain crap calibrated or something, or just plain crap to begin with. Others were perfect.

Mrbob

Is the animation fixed?

I watched some of the E3 videos and this game doesn't look nearly as nice in motion. Looks like broken stilted animation found in the XBox version.

RaijinFY

Mrbob said:
Is the animation fixed?

I watched some of the E3 videos and this game doesn't look nearly as nice in motion. Looks like broken stilted animation found in the XBox version.

I do agree with you but this isnt with pics you will see this.

Kobold

Mrbob said:
Is the animation fixed?

I dunno, the E3 build looked fine to me for a game with half a year or more of development time left. Who knows how sexy the animations are now.

Chaos Theory still has some of the best andmost advanced animations ever in a videogame, they can only improve on that I'm sure. So that's the least of my fears for this game.

Personally I'm not sold on the new stupid 'warning' system for when you are seen etc. Its totally arbitrary, since you have no clue when you are actually hidden as opposed to exposed but not seen, and works with colors that are very hard to tell apart and with minimal transition (no one will see the shades of green and red when they interchance...), which totally won't work when you are a least bit color blind.

So I'm still waiting for some info on how that will be handled in the final game, since I really don't look forward to the current system they used in the E3 build.

Mau ®

Agent Icebeezy said:
While not saying that it isn't coming, UBI has made no acknowledgement about that. Considering in contrast everybody in the world knows the 360 is getting Assassin's Creed.

There was an interview with a Ubisoft PR girl and she said "SC4 is coming to Xbox 360, Xbox, PS2 and PS3". Then the sorrrounding PR people looked at each other with a "shit, she said it" expression on their face.

looks good but WHY PHOTOSHOP THE SCREENS!!!!!!

I hate it when they try to make a game look Hotter than it really is!

looks very MGS1 aswell

I cant wait for the PS3 version of this game!

this will be the first Splintercell game that I spend my money on!

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Does anyone have the inside scoop if Ubisoft Shanghai can get this thing to run in 60fps?

I know the E3 demo was 30, but 60 would be [face_drool]

raYne

Sugarman said:
Parachute part? Playing either side in the middle east? Will this series ever stop ripping off Metal Gear?
No, because MG invented being a double agent, using a parachute, firing guns, wearing tight fitting spy gear etc.

I hear people have to pay royalties to Kojima since he invented/copyrighted "people dying when shot". Get your own ideas people!

pr0cs

Mike G.E.D. said:

Everything I've read has lead me to believe that the shanghai crew is developing a totally independent version, rather than a "port".

Kobold

Skilotonn said:
oooooooooooooooooh!!!

Looks like I'm gonna pick this game up for sure now - all I was hoping for was that multi would atleast look remotely as good as single player, which wasn't the case with part 3...

And it's going to be 3 vs 3? Sold...
Those look like some kind of weird early renders. They look plain weird to say the least, not in a 'pretty' way. Like a cartoon or something, artworks.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Kobold said:
Those look like some kind of weird early renders. They look plain weird to say the least, not in a 'pretty' way. Like a cartoon or something, artworks.

They do when look at them real long, but that Merc shot is the one that got me excited though... it's closer to this SP visually than SC3's MP to SC3's SP...

JMPovoa

Well, if they're touched up or not, it doesn't matter. Guys, we've all seen GRAW already. That game looked (looks) amazing, with AA and all (you'll have to search real hard to catch any jagged edge in that game, even with your face sticking to the screen). I don't know why all the suspicion in these SC screens.
I have seen the videos and it does look like this. The thing that'll make it look like an Xbox1 game, is the fact that the animations are all the same from the previous SC (from what i've seen at least).

The environments in the MP screens look too bright........and yuck at outlining the spies like is done with the enemies in GRAW. Totally ruins any kind of get away.

Impressive freaking screenshots. I dont put this past UBIsoft, they make visually stunning games. Just take the last spintercell made for xbox1, thats proof that they can deliver cutting edge visuals.

I have no doubt we'll be seeing these kind of visuals through the game while playing it, no doubt about it, UBIsoft has talented graphic artists...as proven so many times already.

Top Bottom