• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Splinter Cell Double Agent images (360 version) - BlimBlim calls BS (bullshot)

Kangu

Banned
Amir0x said:
I reccomend watching the VEGAS video. I was blown away. BLOWN AWAY

I already have. The game looks phenomenal, as does SC. But these PR shots are bullshots, plain and simple. The only ones that even resemble the videogame are the ones where he's hanging from a rope and the one Funky mentioned. Like I said, the resolution bumps and AA we had last gen are one thing. I could deal with that and see past it, but this new trend is distrubing. FFXIII, everything from UBI, Gears of War, some of EA's stuff, these are a whole new breed of bullshots.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
if the final game looks that good then it is beautiful...just wonder what it will look like on our SD sets

Tieno

The graphics isn't what worries me in this game. The animation looks like it's exactly the same as in the previous splinter cells.

Truck has obvious touch-ups to the texturing. Ubi tends to get close to their targets, though. The framerate and animation were garbage in the E3 videos, but I'm guessing this is one of those things like GRAW where the optimisations come thick and fast in the last few months.

shantyman

WHO DEY!?
No comments about the LEGLESS man?

906_0002.jpg

Mr Toast

Scullibundo said:
I must be going insane/blind because those shots look exactly like Chaos Theory on XBOX to me.

Chaos Theory looked good for its time, but I think this looks much better.

Am I the only one seeing a lot of similarities to MGS in setting/environments/costumes/visuals/colors/etc? Not that it's a bad thing, just saying... looks awesome.

X360 is capable!

906_0004.jpg

look!
up in the sky!
its a bird!
its a plane!
its
BLOOM
!

not THAT bad, but in the sky, its just straight up glowing

edit: also, it looks like the ground is...twisting or something

Scullibundo said:
I must be going insane/blind because those shots look exactly like Chaos Theory on XBOX to me.

Higher polycount, better textures, higher resolution, advanced shaders, hdr..

Yes, from an art direction POV it looks similar to CT but technically it's much more advanced. And this is a Very Good Thing.

Haha, besides the man in water, does anything else remind you peeps of MGS1?

906_0002.jpg

Instantly reminded me of the famous hallway scene.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
DenogginizerOS said:
He obviously tried to get a leg up an Sam, and he lost.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :lol

And I'm not sold on this one yet. The graphics are nice and polished in these treated screens, but the demo at E3 was flat gameplay-wise with stiff animation. And I just can't get it out of my head that this is still a port. I don't care if they're giving us a "single level that isn't possible on PS2/Xbox!" How about an entire game of that?

Rainbow Six Vegas is enough for me.

Chris_C

Funky Papa said:
I don't know, I do see aliasing (the cables) and some LOD. These look like the typical ultra-high res screenshots we all know.

The game looks close to that, but having played the game at E3 I can tell you there's a fair bit of aliasing that's been cleaned up in these shots... unles they pulled a SOE.

The same's been the case for their Brothers in Asmrs: Hells Highway screens, they look perfect, but at E3 the actual game ran at around 20fps and had a lot of aliasing.

123rl

Infernal Monkey said:
bloom8ur.jpg

"AUGH THE BLOOM, I CAN'T SEE SHIT"

Ok that was funny!:lol

I've never really liked the Splinter Cell games but this does look like a good change. The storyline and how it affects gameplay sounds like something I'd enjoy

jett

D-Member
With the exception of the one with the helicopter cabin, those are all old, although in high-res. :p

Blimblim said:
Btw these are obvious high res renders using the game assets, the images were in 1920x1080 resolution with no sign of aliasing when Ubisoft sent them to me. Not that the game didn't look great during E3 of course.

Yep. I was gonna mention this. The game at E3 looked like this but with no AA @ 1280x720.

spastaz

omfg.jpg

THE FREAKING PANDEMONIUM!!!!!!!!!! THis game looks so damn good, I dunno wtf to do with myself! woowoooohoh! :lol

Chris_C

Ironside's in it, and he plays Sam, Ubisoft said so in an E3 video interview with Gamespot. it's the guy who plays Sams boss who's not returning for this one.

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
Why are people claiming these shots are renders? The game looked just like this minus the AA in motion at e3.

ghostmind

UBI is the developer to beat next-gen - we already know about/have:

GRAW
Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Rainbow Six: Vegas
Rayman
Red Steel
Assassin's Creed

...plus "the list" had more GRAW and a new Clancy property to be announced...

trmas said:
Let's see if they can fix the animation - it looked pretty bad in the latest videos
And by bad, you mean that it's exactly the same animation set from Chaos Theory, right?

Chaos Theory doesn't have bad animation by any means, but I was definitely expecting US to create new animations for DA.

Neo Child said:
On a serious note, why are developers waaay overusing bloom lighting?

The same reason why electronics shops put the display tv's in ultra high brightness/sharpness mode.

The average consumer thinks this looks good.

Neo Child said:
On a serious note, why are developers waaay overusing bloom lighting?

It would be cool if they used it like in the PGR3 garages. It flares as you go from indoor to outdoor then subsides.

Top Bottom