• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Splinter Cell Double Agent images (360 version) - BlimBlim calls BS (bullshot)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
m0dus said:
Um, you ARE being sarcastic, right? There's nothing blatantly fake about that screen. Those are all in-game assets running in-engine. I'd even go so far as to say that's probably the LEAST impressive one of the bunch . .
Look at the texture pattern in that car.

906_0006.jpg

looks like they've gotten it pretty close. The only thing missing is Metal Gear Ray.

Amir0x

Banned
Count Chocula said:
looks like they've gotten it pretty close. The only thing missing is Metal Gear Ray.

alright, little buddy, time for you to take a break. you've done enough trolling for the month.

Oneself

VALIS said:
Well now. Interest in series: still dead since Pandora Tomorrow.

Fixed. I call same old shit with better graphics, same old clunky movements, controls and probably same old utterly boring story too.

B000ETRBCM.01._SS500_SCLZZZZZZZ_V57130594_.jpg

Prove me wrong Shangaï..

terrene

Banned
spastaz said:
omfg.jpg

THE FREAKING PANDEMONIUM!!!!!!!!!! THis game looks so damn good, I dunno wtf to do with myself! woowoooohoh! :lol
What in the name of shitting cockbuckets is that pee-pantsed THING screaming in the pic?

Oneself

terrene said:
What in the name of shitting cockbuckets is that pee-pantsed THING screaming in the pic?

Ahaha someone needs to put Peter Moore's "crying face" on that drunk ****!:lol :lol

monoRAIL

Banned
They really should just stop releasing Splinter Cell single player games. Just release the vs mode over Xbox Live. That's the only part I play.

goldenpp72

I only buy them for the single player, so with that selfish mindset they should screw you over and only release a single version for me :)

Kangu

Banned
m0dus said:
I see what you mean--I think you may have mispoken initially, then. To imply that the image has been 'photoshopped" implies that compositing has been done to place objects in the scene that were not present when the screenshot was taken--which, here, simply isn't the case. The car is quite obviously part of the scenery. At the very worst, you're talking about the possibility of higher-res texture assets than what may end up in the final game. That's the worst case scenario here. And, to be fair, I have seen sharper textures in other 360 games, so this isn't beyond the realm of possibility.

It looks more like these shots have been run through some kind of photoshop filter. The same filter all Ubi games are being run through. It gives shots a kind of dream like look.

Kangu

Banned
m0dus said:
Nah, that's not filter

that's BLOOM. And it's in game. Love it or hate it :D

Ugh forget it. You either don't want to see it, can't see it or don't know what I'm talking about.

If a 360 game looked as good as this....then I officially would stop hating on the 360 and would be pretty damn mad at EA sports (for making me think next gen sports games wouldnt look any better) and would never buy a madden ever again...because this looks truly next gen.

GOW looks pretty damn good tho.

Oneself

m0dus said:
Good lord, man, chill out. You act like the Shanghai group took a shit in a fedex box and shipped it to your mother. PT was a great game, and established the series' rather innovative multiplayer.

And what if they did? :lol

On a more serious note, I'm just telling that cause from what I saw, it looks as if it's Chaos Theory with better graphics. I'm just tired of Splinter Cell games I guess. The first one was really cool IMO, then the rest felt like a huge lack of innovation.. kinda like with Prince of Persia. A game like Splinter Cell could grow so many more ways than just in the multiplayer though. I think it's pretty much the perfect match of Hitman and Metal Gear but it lacks some key elements that made both series awesome (again, IMO). Take the "free roam" type of missions, the disguise, options like the many ways to kill someone (pushing someone through a window for example) from Hitman, a story à la Metal Gear (and characters with personality), better and more open level design (more MGS style, no corridors with black spots clearly placed there to hide in) , enhance the AI so they don't act like dumb potatoes and we have an absolute winner.

Oneself said:
better and more open level design (more MGS style, no corridors with black spots clearly placed there to hide in) , enhance the AI so they don't act like dumb potatoes and we have an absolute winner.

Oh you mean exactly what they did in Chaos THeory? AI is extremely smart some of the best for the generation, and every mission has been opened up to give you mutliple paths through each mission removing the trial and error.

Seems to me alot of people wrote the series off after PT, and don't realise how much better it has become in CT.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
m0dus said:
Nah, that's not filter

that's BLOOM. And it's in game. Love it or hate it :D
Modus, that paint damage over the car was done with Photoshop or a similar program. This is not the first SCDA image with that pesky crap going on. There's a huge resolution/IQ discrepancy with the rest of the picture, it is not a real detailed texture.

Haklong

Oneself said:
a story à la Metal Gear (and characters with personality)

You want a Tom Clancy game to have a story like Metal Gear? None of these Tom Clancy games have stories like that because they go for real world scenarios. And in the real world you won't fight your evil clone brother that you killed in a previous mission but is back because his arm was grafted to the body of someone your father fought, who in turn you fought and witnessed his arm being severed...

I also like Sam Fischer as a character. Michael Ironside does a great job with the character.

But hey, to each his own. I happen to like all of the stealth games. But I'm happy with Sam and the story to the SC games.

Oneself

scooby_dooby said:
every mission has been opened up to give you mutliple paths through each mission removing the trial and error.

Maybe they did but it wasn't enough. I played through it and 98% of the game was still not opened up. Giving you a choice of two or three paths in a level doesn't make it "open", it's giving you multiple ways to approach each paths that would make it "open".

Haklong said:
You want a Tom Clancy game to have a story like Metal Gear? None of these Tom Clancy games have stories like that because they go for real world scenarios.
The fact that Metal Gear's story is fictional doesn't make it any better. Most fictional stories are crap IMO. I meant a story as good as MGS. A good story can take place in a real world scenario. There can be emotions, good dialogues and personality in any type of stories.

Top Bottom