• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Street Fighter 4 Character + AOU vids

RyanDG

In all seriousness... I'm really eager to see how many characters make the final cut. Because from what we know so far, there are 9 returning fighters + 2 new characters.

(8 original world warriors + Akuma (if the story rumors are true) and Crimson Viper + Abel)

I'm having a hard time potentially seeing a roster of more than 20-22 characters.

GrayFoxPL

baki1112.jpg

The guy in the middle - Jack Hammer.

Btw. Grappler Baki is source of inspiration for Namco too. One of it's characters was straight copied to Tekken 5 as Feng.

Scribble

sykoex said:
:lol :lol :lol

omg you guys are too much. They introduce a different, unique character, people bitch, then they go and introduce a character that couldn't fit more in the SF universe, people bitch even more. WOW.

The thing is, talking about everyone as a collective doesn't really work. You're ALWAYS going to get people who don't like something, and the people who were bitching about the first character aren't necessarily the ones bitching about this character, and vice versa. And the bitchy people will always be the most vocal ones, anyway.

And the classic cast not looking unique doesn't have anything to do with this guy looking generic. Ryu and Ken actually have legacies that undo their 'generic designs'. SF2 started a trend, and now we've seen a million characters that look like the original SF2 ones. I'd expect SFIV to set a new trend.

Geez, even characters like Zangief who seem generic have something about them that makes them unique, i.e. the shape of his chest hair and mohawk. This guy is just....a fighter guy.

The in-game model looks way less generic than the art, though.

scarybore

Avrum said:
The whole man without a past thing, sounds like something Zapp Brannigan would say.

"I am the man with no name. Zapp Brannigan at your service."

Anyway, the guy at least seems a lot more fitting than Crimson Viper. I dunno why, but Viper but just seems out of place.

:lol Talking of Futurama, it reminded me of this.

FuturamaAmnesiaMedium.jpg

I would agree Viper looks more out of place, Abel would probably look better if they removed his top and made his thighs smaller but even then it wouldn't be the most exciting design I have ever seen.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
im liking it, and i think the facial expressions are hilarious/awesome. Better than when you get punched in the gut and you dont pull a muscle.

Dali

Scribble said:
The thing is, talking about everyone as a collective doesn't really work. You're ALWAYS going to get people who don't like something, and the people who were bitching about the first character aren't necessarily the ones bitching about this character, and vice versa. And the bitchy people will always be the most vocal ones, anyway.

And the classic cast not looking unique doesn't have anything to do with this guy looking generic. Ryu and Ken actually have legacies that undo their 'generic designs'. SF2 started a trend, and now we've seen a million characters that look like the original SF2 ones. I'd expect SFIV to set a new trend.

Geez, even characters like Zangief who seem generic have something about them that makes them unique, i.e. the shape of his chest hair and mohawk. This guy is just....a fighter guy.

The in-game model looks way less generic than the art, though.

Zangief generic? WTF? Huge Russian guy with scars from bear fighting whose signature move is a fucking spinning, flying pile driver is generic? I'm obviously confused about the definition of generic. *goes to merriam-webster.com*

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
People are complaining about facial expressions from single frames of animation. It's called exaggeration and you will not even notice it much in the final animation. Pause an animated film and take a look at the faces you'll see all kinds of goofy shit. May not look good in screenshots but will greatly enhance the final animation.

Calcaneus

It must suck working at that street, your shit gets fucked up all the time. By ugly people who dont wear pants.

Something about this game needs to be fixed.

kurahadol

Calcaneus said:
It must suck working at that street, your shit gets fucked up all the time. By ugly people who dont wear pants.

Something about this game needs to be fixed.

I hope they announce that this was all a joke on April 1st :lol

There's the fix.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Hmm. Interesting. Maybe Capcom will crib some of Karin's move-set and give it to this guy. The counters maybe, or the rush punches. Karin was so dope. *sigh*

f3niks

haunts said:
wow how convenient.

ryu.gif

Okay, that just made me bust out laughing at my desk.

As for Abel, he kinda looks like Brock Lesnar. I'm still not terribly excited about this game, but I do enjoy seeing the artwork.

Scribble

Dali said:
Zangief generic? WTF? Huge Russian guy with scars from bear fighting whose signature move is a fucking spinning, flying pile driver is generic? I'm obviously confused about the definition of generic. *goes to merriam-webster.com*

Someone in this thread called Zangief generic, I was responding to that.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Well at lest he fits in with all the other characters by using his on super steroids! BTW we need more girls in this game.

Crushed

Fry Daddy
Hypno Funk said:
Means capcom doesn't have to write a backstory for him?
They'll do that in his ending or his ending in the first special edition. He will turn out to be connected to a mysterious plot for which he was specially created.

sphinx

the piano man
I wonder if the artists at capcom have a fetish for big, bulky, disproportional feet.

It's getting very weird as characters are being revealed. :lol :lol

Top Bottom