• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tom Clancy's Defiant Worldwide Reveal

LordCBH

Thank you, Ubisoft, for killing Tom Clancy games for me. I had too much fun with the old ones so now I’m super thankful to have my gaming schedule cleared cause of the new GaaS ones!

I just don't get why this entire game plus that R6 Extraction game they showed off aren't combined into 1 SKU kinda like COD's Various Modes and it's Zombie content. Just seems like they're trying to throw 2 games out that could really be 1

Hell if they're so in on free to play that would have been a free to play title with a nice variety of modes/things to unlock and go for

I won't even be watching videos on this or Extraction going forward, they look pretty bad and it just seems odd that this is what they come with - but then again I know online multiplayer MTX fests are all the rage now for revenue.

Crazy because one of my first multiplayer games was spending hours watching/joining in with my big bro playing Rogue Spear and it's come to this smh

8BiTw0LF

Banned
So, uhm...
8lUDOjr.png
wdMTpRu.jpg

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
UBISOFT - a company - wants a F2P game in their arsenal, this isn't surprising. If the game isn't drawing resources from other areas - who cares?

It's just funny seeing them trying to get some of that Fortnite/Apex Legends money. And failing.

How can they have failed? The game isn't even out yet.

I just don't get why this entire game plus that R6 Extraction game they showed off aren't combined into 1 SKU kinda like COD's Various Modes and it's Zombie content. Just seems like they're trying to throw 2 games out that could really be 1

Look at the responses in this thread. Instead of "Wow this is a waste. . .lolUbisoft" you'd be getting "Nice. Way to lock a F2P game behind a paywall Ubisoft!"

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
Thank you, Ubisoft, for killing Tom Clancy games for me. I had too much fun with the old ones so now I’m super thankful to have my gaming schedule cleared cause of the new GaaS ones!

They even put graffiti over the traditional Tom Clancy logo, it's clear they don't give a fuck anymore.

Man fuck this game's art style. I hate everything about it.

CitizenZ

Banned
So I read a little bit on the producer Kim Weigend who is very smart and a veteran of the industry but as usual has no fucking clue. if you are confident in your property you simply name it Xdefiant it has NOTHING to do with the TC universe, NONE.

And like all these clowns, Quint said it best, Well it proves one thing Mr. Hooper. It proves that you wealthy college boys don't have the education enough to admit when you're wrong.

This happened because they fired that metooed guy that was approving all projects, right? The amount of spinning in Tom Clancy's grave must be powering the entire East Coast right now.
They're going for the Valorant audience but they're going to get the Brink audience lmao (I loved Brink but come on!)

This unironically looks like a 4chan photoshop

dottme

How can they have failed? The game isn't even out yet.
Actually, they tried with Hyper Scape and fail. they are trying again here. A little more Call of duty and a little less Fortnite. Add a known license and they wish it will stick this time.

Gp1

A semi simulation HAWX to face Ace Combat and DCS?
A new RTS based on Tom Clancy?
A new Splinter Cell?
Red Storm Rising anything?
A Single player decent Rainbow Six?
The Division without the RNG stuff?

No... We got Defiant Acroyoga, shit MTX GAAS. The neon green/pink art direction attack's again.

Seriously, this is one of the best gif in my recent memory.
LqzQrIL.gif

Last edited:

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Silver lining:

It's stepping directly onto the Call of Duty (traditional) arena.

Activision got away with that mode for too long without a serious competitor. They've got one now.

Should spur some innovation and creativity.

LordCBH

They even put graffiti over the traditional Tom Clancy logo, it's clear they don't give a fuck anymore.

Man fuck this game's art style. I hate everything about it.

I wish there was a way for them to not be able to make Tom Clancy branded games anymore.

jaysius

Banned
Funny how none of those games have any connection to works of Tom Clancy n nobody cares about his name or it being in the tittle but we have new Tom Clancy game for some
Proof is that the target audience are barley literate, I bet most of them think Clancy died with Blake or Chaucer.

Phase

"Tom Clancy’s XDefiant is a free-to-play, fast-paced arena shooter that combines intense gunplay with personalized loadouts and specialized factions, as teams of gunfighters – called Defiants – battle for domination."

The original definition of arena shooter has been bastardized so much. It's both frustrating and disappointing to see every new shooter coming out with loadouts and different heroes.

VN1X

Banned
Not a fan of the character design but otherwise this looks like a fun shooter. Especially for the price of free I'll definitely give it a go.

Top Bottom