• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Tom Clancy's Defiant Worldwide Reveal

tvdaXD

Mans moving so fast he literally makes bullet casings fly the other direction, with something that's basically on screen all the time such a detail would be very distracting imo.

the_master

Nothing gets me less excited than a Tom Clancy's game.

I have never ever felt like Tom Clancy's brought any value to any of the games with its name. I liked Ghost Recon and Splinter cell, but the games could be the same or even better if not called Tom Clancy and had more unique and memorable characters.

This is BattleCat:

A hero FPS set in the Clancy universe with characters from all of the games. Obviously will be F2P.

...and there aren't even any cats in it. Outrageous.

It sounds like they're just trying to fit a hole in their portfolio, something else they can add seasons and skins to.

tusharngf

This is BattleCat:

A hero FPS set in the Clancy universe with characters from all of the games. Obviously will be F2P.
giphy.gif

Shut0wen

Ubi has reached a new low with this one, another cheap looking f2p game, ubi literally has no talented people left and this just shows it, literally looks like that rubbish crytek f2p game from like 10 years ago

Roufianos

The Tom Clancy games provide some of the most unique MP experiences out there (Ghost Recon, Spies Vs Merc and Siege). This looks like generic trash.

no thanks!

the last good Ubisoft games were Watch Dogs 2 and The Division (1). Legion sucked ass and The Division 2 wasn't terrible but couldn't touch the original.

wipeout364

I am definitely taking the faction that is comprised of former NYC sanitation workers, at least I can knock that one off my bucket list.

Orpheum

What the actual fuck? This looks straight up like CoD: MW2/MW3/BLOPS2

Also at this point it has become extremely cringey to slap the name Tom Clancy on every shooter crap they produce

R6Rider

Gold Member
They already have a Hero/Operator shooter in Siege. Hell they even put Sam Fisher in Siege too.

This looks super generic to me and F2P means it's focused on battle pass and cosmetics.

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
speak with your wallets
It's free to play so...

This looks super generic to me and F2P means it's focused on battle pass and cosmetics.
Hey man if this is a second chance for us Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - First Assault Online players I'm all over it lol. Generic doesn't mean it can't still be mechanically satisfying/interesting.

Last edited:

Allforce

Looks like it runs really smoothly and has some interesting mechanics. Guns sound good and it looks like it has a good feel to the shooting.

Free to play sure why not I'm in.

Strider311

I will give it a shot. It isn’t what I’d like, (Splinter Cell or more Ghost Recon), but I’ll take what I can get.

packy34

Generic doesn't mean it can't still be mechanically satisfying/interesting.
Haven't you heard? Games these days have to be 100% original in every facet or they're deemed completely worthless by enthusiast forums. It doesn't matter if the formula the game uses is extremely popular/proven - it sucks!

The snippets look pretty bad, well bad for a game with TC slapped on it. Looks like Call of Clancy when the best Ghost Recon games were the early, much slower-paced ones on the OG Xbox (and other consoles) and then GRAW. Wildlands actually surprised me because I didn't have much faith in it but it was fun playing with friends. What I would give for a big, slow-paced coop shooter that blended old Ghost Recon with ARMA on consoles. I would pay an embarrassing amount of money for it.

Birdo

Banned
"The logo is meant to look rebellious"

Why does everything Ubisoft do look like "How to you do, fellow kids"?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Haven't even seen the footage yet, but that name... Oooooooof.

Surprised they didn't try to fit "rawr" in there somewhere.

Top Bottom