• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New WiiU Bundle coming?

Can't you get in trouble for posting this? Pretty sure someone here got fired for doing something similar despite not having his name anywhere.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yet another instance of Nintendo not learning from last gen, especially after what a terrible idea the arcade SKU of the 360 was.

I doubt they would bundle Mario 3D or Kart right away, unless they do a special edition console sold for a higher price (see every SE 3DS that comes with a game having a higher MSRP)

spliced

Deluxe for $299 with lots of big games coming out gets them through this year.

Then next year when Xbone and PS4 start releasing better stuff they add in a price drop.

I think Nintendo will have the games advantage over the other 2 this year so they probably save the price drop for next year.

casmith07

Here's to hoping Sony doesn't make the same mistake. People don't give a damn about multiple SKUs. One SKU. One Price. One Marketing Strategy.

- $250 white deluxe with NSMBU
- $250 black deluxe with Mario Kart U

What it should be for this holiday. Replace MKU with Wonderful 101 if MK isn't ready. If they were smart they'd pack a Wii-mote+ in there too instead of trying to push separately.

antonz

Moment they announced a white premium I knew the basic was done for. Basic sold like crap anyways even back at launch it was only a small fraction of the sales.

I could maybe see a drop to $299 for the premium white or black

If the basic really is done for its gonna be a $249 premium, 299 just won't have impact needed, would be interesting if Nintendo could totally go for the jugular with 199

Mithos

Moment they announced a white premium I knew the basic was done for. Basic sold like crap anyways even back at launch it was only a small fraction of the sales.

I could maybe see a drop to $299 for the premium white or black

Problem is people are picking up the Premium for $249 or LESS right now, "raising" the price to $299 even if its an official price-cut (down from $349) won't do much for sales.

liger05

2 sku's wasn't the problem. The problem was the basic unit offered no value at all. Surprised it's took them so long to realise nobody wanted it from day 1.

antonz

Problem is people are picking up the Premium for $249 or LESS right now, "raising" the price to $299 even if its an official price-cut (down from $349) won't do much for sales.

No where in America is anyone selling premiums for 249.

Lingitiz

$250 with a pack in or $229 without maybe. I wonder if Nintendoland stays bundles since nobody seems to care either way.

vgamer1

Let's get some ambassador status up in here for us early-adopters...

and yes, I know about the $.30 VC promotions.

donny2112

Recall? Just put those WiiUs on clearance and get that install base higher.

Nintendo must've figured it was cheaper to recall them, do something to them, and try to resell them than it was to clearance them. Not sure how that'd work, though.

DR2K

Banned
Nintendo must've figured it was cheaper to recall them, do something to them, and try to resell them than it was to clearance them. Not sure how that'd work, though.

They must really hate losing money on HW, but a big money loss(via price slash) on the 3DS was what the system needed.

Jachaos

Nintendoland is really cool but I hope they also package the charging dock with every Wii U bundle from now on, not just the premium, because it's really useful. I guess they'll also stop the DDP, or maybe keep it but it won't be going for as long as those who've had it since launch day. The 10% off I've gotten with it so far is great.

antonz

Recall? Just put those WiiUs on clearance and get that install base higher.

Putting them on clearance overall damages their pricing structure going forward.

Its better for Nintendo to recall and modify the units and then put them back out

They must really hate losing money on HW, but a big money loss(via price slash) on the 3DS was what the system needed.

That works when you only have that same model going forward. I am sure a price cut is coming eventually on the premium but it wouldn't be to the size of a clearance sale of the basic

I really like Nintendoland, but Nintendo would be wise to bundle in New Super Mario Bros. U instead. That or the new Mario Kart, when it becomes available. Proven games that always sell consoles.

donny2112

but a big money loss(via price slash) on the 3DS was what the system needed.

And it's what the Wii U needs, but I think Nintendo's decided to forego trying to turn the Wii U around that much in favor of annual profits. If they slash the Wii U price, which they need to do to be competitive again, in my opinion, they'd never get to 100B Yen profit this FY. They've chosen getting back to profitability over larger marketshare, it seems like to me.

Canon

Banned
Some unrealistic prices here. $199, really? The Wii was that not long ago. That's $100 less than inferior tech (ps3, xbox 360).

$299 for a white and black "premium" model with a game included (likely NSMB U) AND Nintendo Land

$249 for the "premium" model with no game included, or just Nintendo Land.

To top it off, they release an official $99 500 GB hard drive.

And it's what the Wii U needs, but I think Nintendo's decided to forego trying to turn the Wii U around that much in favor of annual profits. If they slash the Wii U price, which they need to do to be competitive again, in my opinion, they'd never get to 100B Yen profit this FY. They've chosen getting back to profitability over larger marketshare, it seems like to me.

I think even Nintendo know now they'll have to put back the 100bn yen profit target for a year, if they can still post a decent profit (north of 50bn) and get the wii u back on track i think the shareholders will be ok and iwata's job safe

so are we gonna get Gamecube vc games if they drop the price at E3?

i've got that feeling again, like before the 3DS price drop

Geist please :D

i would have bought a white wii u deluxe

jimmypython

Step 1 Get rid of the Basic SKU

My prediction by this fall

Remove Nintendo Land and Bundle with Mario Kart U instead.

Price Drop to $300

Start selling Nintendo Land separately with a WiiMote
iM25gIKl.png

Make the console in that blue...instant buy for me.....

like this:
WGp.png

Top Bottom