• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New WiiU Bundle coming?

Hakai

people are delusional about the price these days.

Look U$299 can happen, but I think what they will do is make a bundle but keeping the $350 price tag.

They already expressed they have no intention on droping this price.

Nintendo knows exactly what to do to fix the situation. I just think that either the console or the gamepad currently costs too much too much manufacture.

DR2K

Banned

Look U$299 can happen, but I think what they will do is make a bundle but keeping the $350 price tag.

People aren't losing billions not buying over priced hardware. Market has already decided that the price is too high.

The fall of the yen means Nintendo now have easy room for a price cut they could cut it 50 bucks and actually make more money on it than they did at launch, the question is just how aggressive they will be

Thinking they will maintain 350 is delusional

Drop to 299, pack in NSMBU, release those Nintendoland Wii remote bundles.

Pimp NSLU to high hell to make up for "lost" evergreen sales on NSMBU

jay

I'll get one when it costs $100 and comes with Mother 4. I'd pay $130 for a limited edition Shenmue 3 system but it would need to come with both physical and digital copies of the game along with a written apology by Yu Suzuki for making me wait so long.

Kacho

I'll get one when it costs $100 and comes with Mother 4. I'd pay $130 for a limited edition Shenmue 3 system but it would need to come with both physical and digital copies of the game along with a written apology by Yu Suzuki for making me wait so long.

lol

AJTsuki

Neo Member
I think Nintendo is preparing to announce a price drop as soon as MS and Sony commit to prices for their new consoles.

It would be amazing to see a price drop announcement at E3, but more likely it will come later in the summer once the other two have announced their price points. Announcing before just reinforces the problem with their pricing and lack of sales. Announcing after MS and Sony commit shows Nintendo's intention to be competitive.

By waiting they will also have a couple more 1st & 3rd party titles on the shelves to fight off accusations of "no games", along with the added benefit that it sets them up as the cheapest "new" console for the holiday shopping season.

kirby_fox

Banned
I think Nintendo is preparing to announce a price drop as soon as MS and Sony commit to prices for their new consoles.

It would be amazing to see a price drop announcement at E3, but more likely it will come later in the summer once the other two have announced their price points. Announcing before just reinforces the problem with their pricing and lack of sales. Announcing after MS and Sony commit shows Nintendo's intention to be competitive.

By waiting they will also have a couple more 1st & 3rd party titles on the shelves to fight off accusations of "no games", along with the added benefit that it sets them up as the cheapest "new" console for the holiday shopping season.

I can see it. I can also see them going 3DS strategy and doing a price drop that's much larger. $249 starting in August. Current buyers can become ambassadors again. No way are Sony and Microsoft going to be able to get their consoles that low.

DBPlayer

Banned
They'll just re-make them into White Premiums. Sounds legit.

I think a reboot is unavoidable. Ambassador programs are sure to follow.

I'm also glad this has not turned into another Ninty is Doomed thread, and a few attempts at open trolling wasn't successful.

BD1

Banned
* Kill Basic Pack
* Premium Pack in Black & White
* Bundle with New Super Mario Bros U
* Nintendo Land + WiiMote Plus Bundle

The relaunch is on

I can see it. I can also see them going 3DS strategy and doing a price drop that's much larger. $249 starting in August. Current buyers can become ambassadors again. No way are Sony and Microsoft going to be able to get their consoles that low.

I could see $250 happening if they took out the included game.

Hakai

The fall of the yen means Nintendo now have easy room for a price cut they could cut it 50 bucks and actually make more money on it than they did at launch, the question is just how aggressive they will be

Thinking they will maintain 350 is delusional

A game costs the premium pack already comes with nintendoland.

A Premium Pack with one more game(Mario Kart or NSMBU) for would be already cheaper.

And the delusionals one was about the people asking for $250 and lower. 299 with one game seems reasonable and possible. But don't know if they will push it.

NMFried

Red Matte Deluxe with Mario U for holidays.
Blue Matte Deluxe with Zelda WW for the game's release.

$329 each. Mmm.

Price drop to $299 for Deluxe. Bundle w/ Wii Sports U. White/Black.

I called it! The 8GB white just absolutely made no sense. Heres Nintendo's next move.

White and Black 32GB console with charging cradle and vertical stand pegs at $300.
Blue Wii U with Mario Decals bundle with the New 3D Super Mario game at $350 this holiday season.

I called it! The 8GB white just absolutely made no sense. Heres Nintendo's next move.

White and Black 32GB console with charging cradle and vertical stand pegs at $300.
Blue Wii U with Mario Decals bundle with the New 3D Super Mario game at $350 this holiday season.
A new $350 model with no hard drive size increase makes even less sense.

They need a price drop on the 3DS! XL should be at $170 and regular at $140. Gotta get these babies selling rapidly to offset the lackluster sales of the Wii U. I'm not saying the Wii U doesn't need a price cut, but the 3DS needs to be for the Wii U what the GBA was to the GameCube.

ALM5252

Wish I had extra money laying around. I would buy me a White Wii U, transfer what I have from my Black One, and give it to my bestfriend. (The old black one)

But I would only do that if the White One becomes a Deluxe too.

Still would honestly prefer a Red Wii U.

Wii U is $350? Really?

I had to go check the futureshop.ca site to make sure I wasn't confused.

Xbone and PS4 are predicted to come out at $350-400 USD, how is this thing supposed to compete? I thought they said retailers were slashing the price to move the product.

Wii had obsolete tech too but at least it was cheaper than a 360 or PS3 by a good margin. This one seems to be almost the same price as the next gen consoles will be.

I really hope Nintendo has something good up their sleeve for this E3, because I'm sure not seeing what they could do at this point. Maybe drop the price by half?

Needs to be $250 with a pack-in or else it's still too expensive.

Agreed. That or $200.

Mithos

Where is that?

No where in America is anyone selling premiums for 249.

Oh, I thought it was a global price drop bomba going on, my mistake then.

In Europe both SKU's have dropped ~€100 since launch, and some people have even been lucky to get a Premium for ~€200 (€349 release-day price)

Edit:
Just checked local price, ~€130 drop in Sweden since launch for Premium.

Have to love everyone wanting the price to be lowered. I mean, I get that the value of the system feels lacking since it performs similar to PS3/Xbox, but damn guys :p

I would think a $50 price cut for Basic/Deluxe is inevitable, along with the Basic having a packed in game. As long as the Wii U is $100 below the competition, I think they should be fine.

Phazon

8eG8dKr.jpg

Kotaku has the mail it seems

http://kotaku.com/8gb-wii-u-basic-nixed-511324442

Servbot24

Banned

They wouldn't admit it if they did intend to.

Hakai

Wii U is ? Really?

Xbone and PS4 are predicted to come out at -, how is this thing supposed to compete? I thought they said retailers were slashing the price to move the product.

Wii had obsolete tech too but at least it was cheaper than a 360 or PS3 by a good margin. This one seems to be almost the same price as the next gen consoles will be.

I really hope Nintendo has something good up their sleeve for this E3, because I'm sure not seeing what they could do at this point. Maybe drop the price by half?

Agreed. That or

Predicted by who? Pachter? This remains to be seen. If they annouce their systems by that price tag, I will agree that Nintendo MUST drop the price to remain alive, but as for now, this point doesn't stand.

prag16

Banned
Wii U is $350? Really?

Xbone and PS4 are predicted to come out at $350-400 USD, how is this thing supposed to compete? I thought they said retailers were slashing the price to move the product.

Agreed. That or $200.

PS4/xbone won't be $350. Maaaaaaybe $400. $500 is still entirely possible.

Top Bottom