• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newegg Final Fantasy XV Xbox One Day One Edition $29.99

bombshell

Are there any good comparisons out there of the differences between the XB1 and vanilla PS4 version?

What resolution difference are we talking?

Please tell me about this

vX0Xzjc.jpg

That's standard PS4 before you ask, not Pro.

ironmang

Typically yes. Usually they will if you just say it was a parent's mistake or something along those lines of a misplaced gift. At worst, you'd get the Xbox trade in value, which I assume is greater than $30 and should be high considering it hasn't launched.

This actually works? lol

Damn, the scummy shit I'll do to save basically $8. (GCU + $10 preorder coupon)

Wouldn't be surprised if I could just straight up trade this into BestBuy for $35+ soon as it arrives.

Red Warrior

Neo Member
tbh, I don't even care about visual fidelity. I'm not enough of a graphics snob to care. And it's pretty clear the reason the XBO port is an afterthought is that PS4 was the lead dev platform.

Noobcraft

For $30 I jumped in. Yeah the Xbox One won't be the technical best platform to play it on (unless it gets a Scorpio update next year), but for $30 it's probably worth the inevitable confusion and wandering around that I'll experience. I only have a 32" TV in my living room anyways 😅

Plus if I hate it I can easily cut my losses by trading it in (potentially for a profit)

Flux

This actually works? lol

Damn, the scummy shit I'll do to save basically $8. (GCU + $10 preorder coupon)

Wouldn't be surprised if I could just straight up trade this into BestBuy for $35+ soon as it arrives.

It works with retailers that do trade ins. There is no shame in getting the best deal, it's a sale price. Plus, you help Square Enix out by looking like two copies were sold for one person. They quoted a ridiculous number needed to break even.

Lazaro

We all know the only games Xbox players buy every year are Madden, CoD, Battlefield, and Gears or Halo.

Yup, they're also single white males ranging from the 15-30 age range.

I think Microsoft did a excellent job at catering to that audience. It's why I find it strange that Microsoft runs up to Japanese devs for platform support when they know their games are going to bomb.
QclYfuR.gif

Link to Xbox promo:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYel_3mkuTs

Apparently there is a Win 10 version of FFXV coming but I couldn't exactly "translate" the Japanese article, lol.

The chat about Xbox being the platform of Dudebro's and Meatheads is funny.

I think more than anything, the majority of Xbox owners dont like JRPG's or anime in general - that doesn't make you a meathead or dudebro though. Just shows you have discerning taste ;)

Lazaro

Wait, what? Where?

I'm glancing over the article, when I translate the article from Japanese to English it says something about a Windows version?

Shinji Hashimoto FFXV producer, Square Enix holdings co., Ltd. corporate officers rose to the podium in a HDR representation of natural sun light, such as in the more appealing and can be immersed in the world of gaming. You want to experience the games marks a new phase due to new technologies, the future cooperation with Microsoft in the world.
FFXV has been released for the PS4 and Xbox One but after the demonstration, "take a look at Windows version (of release) also please" I want to mention that purposeful conversation (Takahashi), "development tell" (Hashimoto), that had been done.

Here is the whole article using Google Translate: https://translate.google.com.au/tra...pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1029510.html

Original: http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1029510.html

phant0m

good god...what's going on this year? everything was bomba

Oct/Nov release crowding. Even people that can afford to buy everything (even at full price) probably don't have time to play it all. Hell, lots of people are still playing the GOAT (
Overwatch
).

Pubs are fighting over what table scraps are left.

Yeaaaahh, the XBox One version really is doing terribly, not really a surprise though, imagine even worse for NewEgg since and it could be just me, NewEgg doesn't seem like a "go to" place to pre-order games.

Other places, most likely, Amazon will eventually match it I'm sure.

Back in the psx and ps2 era the FF games went to platinum budget prices in less than a year. That's normal for the series

Yeah, I think it was common for games that sold really well hit the Platinum/Greatest Hits line up around a year after release. Final Fantasy X was somewhere around a year and a half though for some reason.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Microsoft's store was doing it earlier today till they sold through stock. Though it was a slightly less good deal at $35.

+ $15 dollars back via reward points that could be redeemed on Amazon.

So actually a better deal but about $7/8 extra because of tax compared to Newegg.

Red Warrior

Neo Member
Oct/Nov release crowding. Even people that can afford to buy everything (even at full price) probably don't have time to play it all. Hell, lots of people are still playing the GOAT (
Overwatch
).

Pubs are fighting over what table scraps are left.

Don't forget we had an abnormally strong spring season this year -- Dark Souls 3, Uncharted 4, Doom, and the aforementioned Overwatch among others. I think a lot of people were spent then, and looked at fall with apathy.

It's almost as if Xbox 360 didn't happen. Microsoft ended up selling through more 360s in the UK than the Wii by the end of the generation, and the Wii had at the time the highest market penetration for a console in that region.

It was market leader out of the two-horse Sony/MS race (Nintendo went for the expanded audience), precisely because it had games that catered to everyone. See: Xbox Live Arcade, XBLIG, 360 pretty much getting every notable third party release in its early days. If you had a PS3 (I certainly did, ended up getting a 360 late in 2010) you missed out on a bunch of games.

While I believe Wii offered more for everyone, 360 certainly offered a wide enough library for all kinds of players to invest into. XBLA wouldn't have been a success if the system only catered to the stereotypical audience that plays only FIFA and CoD every year.

SOR5

Xbros ain't trying to put call of gears of battlefield down to 400 hour a JRPG. Devs know it's the meathead system of choice.

We all know the only games Xbox players buy every year are Madden, CoD, Battlefield, and Gears or Halo.

As the platform that gave a significant amount of attention to Ori and The Blind Forest, KOTOR, Inside, Tales of Vesperia, Viva Pinata, Rare Replay etc. this is basically snobbery

Also seems to be some sort of implication that one audience has more 'refined' taste than the other when both their lists of top 100 selling games are borderline identical

e-gamer

I think more than anything, the majority of Xbox owners dont like JRPG's or anime in general - that doesn't make you a meathead or dudebro though. Just shows you have discerning taste ;)

But even japanese gamers are not into JRPGs nowadays...

I don't think it's a taste problem. Look at FF15, how it ended up. There is some lack of innovation and efforts to grow with the industry from japanese devs in almost every way. Even on graphics they are not good anymore.

Also look at the triple A games from japan this gen: MGSV(cross-gen), SFV(low sales, bad marketing and price) and now FF15.

3 AAA games from japan in 3 years. Is that really good? Now look at the west...

Perhaps they are really moving to mobile games and I'm not conviced yet...

olimpia84

This takes Bomba to a whole new level and meaning. Never seen this before, preorders numbers must be embarrassing for this to happen.

DKHF

If this bombs as hard on Xbox One as it looks like it might I think Square might seriously consider cancelling KH3's Xbox version... Probably too proud to do it and I highly doubt they will but it would be smart to instead of wasting dev time making that version only for it to bomb probably even harder than XV's will.

thefro

If this bombs as hard on Xbox One as it looks like it might I think Square might seriously consider cancelling KH3's Xbox version... Probably too proud to do it and I highly doubt they will but it would be smart to instead of wasting dev time making that port only for it to bomb probably even harder than XV's will.

KH3 is UE4 so it should be much easier to port over.

I'd also say it doesn't seem like the PS4 version is doing gangbusters either. Really crowded release schedule and I think people are skeptical about the game given some of the demos.

xabbott

Was going to get this later on PS4/Pro but at this price I went for it. Will be the first Final Fantasy game I've played since FFX, which includes buying the FFX remaster on PS3.

KH3 is UE4 so it should be much easier to port over.

I'd also say it doesn't seem like the PS4 version is doing gangbusters either. Really crowded release schedule and I think people are skeptical about the game given some of the demos.
Where did you get that from? I think the game is doing quite well if you looks at PS4 preorders from what I am hearing and reading.

DKHF

KH3 is UE4 so it should be easier to port in theory.

Being easier to port doesn't really matter if the game sells abysmally on a platform. There's no point wasting money on shipping copies of that version if it's going to mega bomb in Xbox's largest market.

PS4 version might not be doing gangbusters but it seems to be doing far far better based on people who work at retail stores on here and Amazon sales rankings. Vast majority of potential buyers won't have played the demos.

kromeo

bomba-original.jpg

Does the game have TV adverts? Haven't seen any in UK but I definitely remember the one for XIII being on all the time

ohlawd

that sucks for this version of the game

but it's good for me because that's a step closer to my $20 threshold. gonna take longer in Maple Land but baby steps :3

Top Bottom