• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newegg Final Fantasy XV Xbox One Day One Edition $29.99

If this bombs as hard on Xbox One as it looks like it might I think Square might seriously consider cancelling KH3's Xbox version... Probably too proud to do it and I highly doubt they will but it would be smart to instead of wasting dev time making that version only for it to bomb probably even harder than XV's will.

I think they should put their effort on how to make KH3 run on Switch or port it to PC. These places probably have more chance than X1

Boke1879

KH3 is UE4 so it should be much easier to port over.

I'd also say it doesn't seem like the PS4 version is doing gangbusters either. Really crowded release schedule and I think people are skeptical about the game given some of the demos.

I mean we'll see but the deluxe edition for PS4 on Amazon is sold out. I'm sure the PS4 version is just fine.

Also this is just for newegg right? This seems like a call on their end in order to move XBO stock.

Guymelef

I mean we'll see but the deluxe edition for PS4 on Amazon is sold out. I'm sure the PS4 version is just fine.

Also this is just for newegg right? This seems like a call on their end in order to move XBO stock.

This price is selling at a loss, if Newegg does this it's under Square-Enix umbrella.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
If this bombs as hard on Xbox One as it looks like it might I think Square might seriously consider cancelling KH3's Xbox version... Probably too proud to do it and I highly doubt they will but it would be smart to instead of wasting dev time making that version only for it to bomb probably even harder than XV's will.

That won't Happen.

Why do I get the impression so many people on GAF want this game to fail on XB1? Weird shit.

I only have an XBO (bought it for rare replay for my wife) and was just going to wait FFXV out to get a superior PS4 version when the pros go down in price... but hey, $30 on launch day... I'll likely be able to beat it and trade it in for the full price (or more) within a week and that's okay by me.

bill0527

Hell I'll buy it at that price. And shit...I may even play it. I'm an old school FF player. Not a big fan of the ones made after FFX so we'll see how long this one holds my attention.

Castef

Banned
How much effort they need to port to Xbox One if the architecture is the same as PS4? Change the HUD?

Also, a nice thing would be avoiding to treat the XB1 version like an afterthought and present the game to the audience in a competent way. If you want it to sell on Xbox One too, for instance, why publishing the remaster of the previous chapters on just PS4? Even if you don't want to engage in physical publishing just bring it on XB1 digitally.

Otherwise you'll always give the impression that XB1 customers are second-rate, thus not generating "love" towards the game.

Also, a nice thing would be avoiding to treat the XB1 version like an afterthought and present the game to the audience in a competent way. If you want it to sell on Xbox One too, for instance, why publishing the remaster of the previous chapters on just PS4? Even if you don't want to engage in physical publishing just bring it on XB1 digitally.

Otherwise you'll always give the impression that XB1 customers are second-rate, thus not generating "love" towards the game.

Don't worry, Phil Spencer will always make sure XB1 customers feel like first class.

Chobel

Don't worry, Phil Spencer will always make sure XB1 customers feel like first class.

Tb01mov.png

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/793919204445433856

How much effort they need to port to Xbox One if the architecture is the same as PS4? Change the HUD?

Loads of work. It's not a simple port, by any means. I don't know why we keep saying that a PS4 <-> X1 port is anywhere near easy. There have been harder ports (360 <-> PS3), but this generation's port work is not free despite having similar APU architecture.

Biggest differences are your memory manager on X1 and the different API for the GPU that MS and Sony use.

DKHF

And how much the xbox one port represents on the overall budget for FF15?
The task of porting the game to Xbox One might not represent much of the overall budget but shipping a large amount of copies that won't be sold at all or will be immediately sold at bomba level prices will cost Square a lot.

Duxxy3

It's been too long since I enjoyed a final fantasy title (not since 10). That combined with the XB1 demo performance, and I just couldn't pull the trigger on this.

Final Fantasy is strongly associated with Sony brand. IIRC, didn't FF13 have crappy sales on Xbox360 compared to PS3? I think its much more magnified this time especially considering how far PS4 is ahead in sales.

Why do I get the impression so many people on GAF want this game to fail on XB1? Weird shit.
It's irrelevant what GAF thinks about this. Final Fantasy always bombed on the Xbox and with the Playstation install base almost twice the size of Xbox it will be even worse.

I suspect that in the future most Squenix games will be Playstation/Steam only.

Jameson

It's irrelevant what GAF thinks about this. Final Fantasy always bombed on the Xbox and with the Playstation install base almost twice the size of Xbox it will be even worse.

I suspect that in the future most Squenix games will be Playstation/Steam only.

You mean IOS/Android only.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I'm glancing over the article, when I translate the article from Japanese to English it says something about a Windows version?

Here is the whole article using Google Translate: https://translate.google.com.au/tra...pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1029510.html

Original: http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1029510.html

Wait, what? Where?

That's not right. It's the Managing Executive Director of Microsoft saying "By all means please release the game for Windows 10!". Then Hashimoto replied 'I'll let the development team know!" or "I'll inform the team about this!".

Top Bottom