• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newsweek: Trump White House Senior Staff have private RNC email accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
It's funny to see liberals dragging out the "but her emails" meme when the issue with Hillary's private e-mail server as Secretary of State was largely a left-wing one. That server existed for her to get around the Freedom of Information Act or any sort of public oversight or transparency. Now that liberalism have given tacit approval of this practice when done by a politician they like, they're in no place to complain about Republicans doing this in the same capacity.

Whoops.

Oh, "evil shit" you say? Hillary was signing off on illegal drone assassinations for a program with a 90% failure rate. That is... about as evil as it gets, bud.

This is your takeaway? Not the blinding hypocrisy?

Strange.

And then the pointer to drone strikes? Like, what???? Why are you trying to derail? I guess this struck a nerve for you?

Bottom line - they're doing something they said was wrong. Why aren't you focusing on that?

Funny how all the "real billionaires" and Silicon Valley figureheads Hillary was trotting out support of immediately ran into Trump's arms the second she lost. Hell, even her foundation's donations have dried up now that she's in no place to peddle influence.

"It's OK for Trump to do it because it failed for Hillary" is an interesting angle to take on this.

tuxfool

Banned
Haven't people cottoned on to Jeevesmeisters bullshit yet?

He spews disingenuous nonsense in nearly every thread he participates in, no matter the subject...

"It's OK for Trump to do it because it failed for Hillary" is an interesting angle to take on this.

Hey, I never said I approved of anything he does. He sucks shit. The sad fact of the matter is that the organized opposition chose not to take him seriously.

Bottom line - they're doing something they said was wrong. Why aren't you focusing on that?

Because the "alternative" created the precedent by doing this thing. Events do not happen in a vacuum, and by choosing not to understand the context, we create the endless cycle that is this bullshit.

brau

I thought Trump was all for bringing back messages through pigeon carriers. Didn't he say he didn't believe in computers because his son could hack everything? and that if we want something important to be relayed the best thing was to send it through on paper?

I thought Trump was all for bringing back messages through pigeon carriers. Didn't he say he didn't believe in computers because his son could hack everything? and that if we want something important to be relayed the best thing was to send it through on paper?

It has been reported that he dictates his tweets (which are still rife with misspellings for whatever reason.) Any report given to him is printed out so he can scrawl on it in sharpie, then they scan it again and send it where it needs to go.

Who is worse though, Clinton or Trump?

This doesn't accomplish anything.

The staggering incompetence of a billion dollar campaign machine somehow pulling out a narrow victory over a reality gameshow host would have led to a White House bending over even more-so for the opposition party's ever-growing control of every branch of government. This would also be a complete and utter shitshow, except some of the people in this very thread made would instead be making every excuse for her constant mistakes over the next four years.

Horns

Holy fuck. We can't go a few hours without the hypocrisy or stupidity of this administration being exposed.

The staggering incompetence of a billion dollar campaign machine somehow pulling out a narrow victory over a reality gameshow host would have led to a White House bending over even more-so for the opposition party's ever-growing control of every branch of government. This would also be a complete and utter shitshow, except some of the people in this very thread made would instead be making every excuse for her constant mistakes over the next four years.

lol

Just like all the embassy attacks during Bush's terms that were ignored, but Benjamin Ghazi was all they would pretend to care about for years.

Fuck these assholes. Hold them fucking accountable for the shit they do. They set the precedent, now Democrats have to hit back. I doubt it'll matter though. There's a shit load of Republicans who will vote for the guy with R no matter how hypocritical it would be.

Nafai1123

Banned

I'm not sure how your constant bullshit is accomplishing anything either, but yeah keep litigating the election and how much the Dems fucked up I'm sure thats the right path for unity against all this shit.

catbird

Neo Member
Err.. I thought most people believed that HRC's private email server was *not a good thing* but not the outrageous offence that Republicans made it out to be?

I don't think liberals co-sign on private servers now, or at least not me.

What's clearly most stunning is the Trump/Republican hypocrisy.

As much as the sarcasm exists, I think we should screw the sarcasm and call your reps to tell them that this should not stand. Enough people doing that will at least force Dems to start caring.

Err.. I thought most people believed that HRC's private email server was *not a good thing* but not the outrageous offence that Republicans made it out to be?

I don't think liberals co-sign on private servers now, or at least not me.

That's the main thing, yes.

I'm not sure how your constant bullshit is accomplishing anything either, but yeah keep litigating the election and how much the Dems fucked up I'm sure thats the right path for unity against all this shit.

I remember every time in history major political unity was accomplished by smugly berating people into shutting up about their problems and voting for your candidate, here's a list of those occasions:

Dgl49zs.jpg

Actually it's entirely unsurprising if you grew up during the Bush administration.

Nafai1123

Banned
I remember every time in history major political unity was accomplished by smugly berating people into shutting up about their problems and voting for your candidate, here's a list of those occasions:

Dgl49zs.jpg

Wow you would actually have a point if I was berating you about your problems and not, you know, attacking everyone else in this thread for being pissed off about what the current admin is doing and insisting we should really be talking about how terrible Democrats are.

Hey, I never said I approved of anything he does. He sucks shit. The sad fact of the matter is that the organized opposition chose not to take him seriously.

Because the "alternative" created the precedent by doing this thing. Events do not happen in a vacuum, and by choosing not to understand the context, we create the endless cycle that is this bullshit.

So what you're saying we should do is... Nothing? Just let Republicans play dirty while Democrats just take it? Good fucking luck.

kirblar

What doesn't accomplish anything: not voting.

Starviper

Couldn't I submit a Freedom Of Information Act request for the emails sent by their email accounts since they've been officially in the White House?

DavidDesu

The hypocrisy train never ends...

I am thinking though, given just how brazen Trump and the republicans are being and how we just know all of this is not going to end well... are they simply priming themselves for absolute annihilation someday when people wake the fuck up and realise just how bad things have become.

Of course the problem is that you're living in a truly fascist dictatorship by then as the power grab and corruption they've obtained corrupts American democracy for generations. Then it's a case of revolution by that point.

Exciting times ahead... :|

Syriel

What "alternative" do you mean?

It was Bush and the GOP that used private email to hide official business.

Clinton complied with the FOIA requests.

• GOP administration hid and destroyed emails = "OOPS! OUR BAD!"
  • DEM candidate used private server and complied with FOIA requests = "BURN HER AT THE STAKE!"
  • Current GOP administration uses private server = "IT'S NO BIG DEAL FAM!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom