• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2011 Week 4 |OT| Sloptoberfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

crimzonflame said:
Eli right now is the best QB in the NFC, no denying that. Depending on how Flacco plays tonight, Eli might just be the best in the league.
Were you dropped on your head as a child?

RyanDG

Chiggs said:
Christ, I can't even listen to The Fan. Sandy Clough is defending Orton. He is so out of touch.

The Kyle Orton Support Team lives on. I just don't get how this can continue.

h3ro

5Lmx9.jpg

verbum

tmdorsey said:
We are going to get destroyed next week.

I'm not watching. I'll be in Sedona, AZ. I just hope some changes are made in the next week. Van Gorder's defensive plans are not working. Running on 1st and 2nd downs is not working. Bosher as the kicker/punter is not working.

meadowrag

Banned
Escaping by the skin of our teeth from Suck for Luck contenders. We are gonna get buried next week at home. Our only hope is keeping GB's offense off the field, which is pretty much what we had to do last year. When is Atlanta going to get a defense?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
So we have 2 things to look forward to this week on sports talk...

1) Tony Romo.... is he good or does he suck?

2) Kyle Orton or Tim Teabow... who should be playing and wtf does Brady Quinn think about this all?

LAWL... gonna be a fun week!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I don't understand how on 2nd and 1 with all the time in the world you don't hand the ball to the guy who has been running all over the place... instead you get sacked and lose the game.

verbum

meadowrag said:
Escaping by the skin of our teeth from Suck for Luck contenders. We are gonna get buried next week at home. Our only hope is keeping GB's offense off the field, which is pretty much what we had to do last year. When is Atlanta going to get a defense?
The HC was the DC of the Jags. Maybe he needs to take over that job as well.

The Frankman said:
Because at the time I had said I thought he was tackled down.

Yet you'll whine all day about missed holding calls against the Giants as if refs missing holding penalties is a new occurance. If you're so focused on the stupid ref calls, why not mention how boneheaded that call was when it was easily the biggest gaffe of the game and probably ended up winning the game for the Giants? I know the answer that question though...you don't actually have to respond.

You know your team sucks when you focus on the refs more than the players though. Just sayin'

RyanDG

Brettison said:
So we have 2 things to look forward to this week on sports talk...

1) Tony Romo.... is he good or does he suck?

2) Kyle Orton or Tim Teabow... who should be playing and wtf does Brady Quinn think about this all?

LAWL... gonna be a fun week!

'Kyle Orton played a pretty good second quarter.'

jman2050

I will reiterate: It's now been 34 weeks into the season and I have no idea if the Giants are any good or not.

Someone help me out here.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
verbum said:
I'm not watching. I'll be in Sedona, AZ. I just hope some changes are made in the next week. Van Gorder's defensive plans are not working. Running on 1st and 2nd downs is not working. Bosher as the kicker/punter is not working.
you guys are too negative.

I think we have a shot as long as we hit lord rodgers.

but, no more soft zone like against t jack!

TheLegendary said:
Yet you'll whine all day about missed holding calls against the Giants as if missing holding penalties is a new occurance. If you're so focused on the mistakes that refs make, why not mention how boneheaded that call was when it was easily the biggest gaffe of the game and probably ended up winning the game for the Giants? I know the answer...you don't actually have to respond. You know your team sucks when you focus on the refs more than the players though. Just sayin'
How can I complain about a bad call I initially didn't think was a bad call? Did you even understand what I typed? Maybe I should use highlight it also, since the bold/italics weren't enough.

i regret the cards getting kolb. he is NOT worth DRC and a 2nd round pick, we could use that 2nd rounder.

also whisenhunt may need to go. i was not happy with a couple decisions he made today, including not calling a timeout to get their shit togethr in that critical 4th down situation.

and that no call fumble is fucked up.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
NY EFFING FOOTBALL GIANTS!!!!
yes

Cards threw that game away. I will take it though. On to the next one.

Ugly game. Poorly played for the defense which was just gashed on the ground by Beanie Wells. Osi still sucks against the run but he came through with the big sack at the end.

I've already said my peace about the call. I don't believe it was the right call and that might have been the end of the game right there had it gone the other way but it is what it is. It went our way and we pulled it out in the end. I'll take a win any way this team can get it.

squicken

FrenchMovieTheme said:
go giants!!!

mmmmm everyone loses in the nfc west but the niners!

that's if the giants can hold on of course

Said it earlier, but the 49ers can start resting players for the post-season. I thought McDaniels or Kolb would be the key offseason move in the NFCW, but clearly it was Harbaugh. Eagles may suck on defense but you guys made plays. Smith running down Maclin was amazing.

:lol at that highlight of Stafford having about 10 seconds to throw, and launching it into triple coverage.

Luckily for him, Calvin Johnson is pretty good.

meadowrag

Banned
AndresON777 said:

If they come after Rodger hard he's going to
A) make them miss
and
B) burn them downfield all day long.

If they don't come after Rodgers, he'll just sit in the pocket and still burn us downfield anyways. It's just like last year, the only way we'll be able to win is 10 minute sustained drives and consistently scoring to keep the point difference manageable. We aren't going to be able to count on our defense for shit next week. Maybe a few laughs, that's about it.

Fortunately GB's defense doesn't look too hot either, and our offense is miles better than out defense.

LJ11

BakedPigeon said:
i regret the cards getting kolb. he is NOT worth DRC and a 2nd round pick, we could use that 2nd rounder.
Totally fleeced.

If you went into the season with a scrub at QB, as a coach you're probably safe, and may end up with a shot at one of the better QB prospects. Retain depth and picks.

Now you end up with less picks, lost depth at CB, and the QB position still in flux.

DonasaurusRex

Online Ho Champ
wasnt home for the lions game but saw the 3rd quarter score 27-3 i was like damn rides over

Megatron.jpg

forgive me lord Megatron. i knew not what i was thinking :p

tmdorsey

AndresON777 said:

What makes you think we will be able to hit Rodgers if we couldn't get to T. Jack when Rodgers has better receivers and a much quicker release?

We got absolutely no push up the middle and Edwards and Abraham kept getting blocked way outside. Decloud and Robinson continue to be fuck ups. It's not looking good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom