• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 8 |OT| - A Fraud Knows What He Likes

Godslay

Banned
Packers have allowed fewer points.

This is true, but the pick 6s that Manning has thrown also count against the defense. When that is taken into account the Broncos have allowed fewer points per game than the Packers have. Something to the effect of a 3 point differential between the two defenses.

That's a shame. Jerry doubled down on him on the radio:

Clarence Hill ‏@clarencehilljr
Jerry Jones says on @1053thefan that his view not changed on Greg Hardy's sideline rant and he wants to sign him to long-term extension

Jones wants to enable him more..

Line_HTX

Was gonna go Trick or Treating with the little one for the first time. Yup.

I just hope predictions are wrong.

edit: Going to Cancun for a wedding. 80% chance of rain the whole time I am there.

Normally forecasts are wrong in this town. I notice that if it says 30% or 40%, it almost never happens or it's a small cell that the rain is insignificant.

MRSA

Banned
Jordan Matthews and Nelson Agholor are rated the two worst receivers in the league

http://imgur.com/w4gBF3K

tqzGqEg.jpg

If only Crabtree had a QB getting him the ball

Jerry Jones says on @1053thefan that his view not changed on Greg Hardy's sideline rant and he wants to sign him to long-term extension

On Lebatard this morning they played a clip of Stephen saying that, weird that they would both say the same stupid thing.

Jordan Matthews and Nelson Agholor are rated the two worst receivers in the league

http://imgur.com/w4gBF3K

tqzGqEg.jpg

Man the Matthews regression this year has been crushing. He looked so good last year, but the drops have been killer since the first game. Hell if he catches that 3rd down pass against the Falcons maybe the Eagles win that game. Hopefully when Nelson gets back he and Sam can get into a rhythm.

Rob Gronkowski: 34 receptions, 533 yards, six touchdowns.
2015 compensation: $7 million.

Gary Barnidge: 33 receptions, 514 yards, five touchdowns.
2015 compensation: $1.2 million.

http://www.espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&post_id=50901

Could have done a similar comparison between Larry Donnell and Gronk from last year, where Donnell had 4 or 5 touchdowns through 5 games, was getting 6 or 7 receptions and 80 yards a game. Think I'll stick with Gronk.

Seems like Dwayne Bowe should be winning just b/c. Passes the eyeball test. Was looking for Colston, Hartline and Lafell, and there they are
Hartline was DONE last season. Addition by subtraction putting anyone else in the starting lineup. It's a shame, he was a likable guy and very dependable early in his career.

MRSA

Banned
Not to mention that Barnidge's fantastic play is sabotaging us from a better draft pick by winning the occasional game.

Browns mentality

Don't worry friend I had that mentality too until.....

Khalil-Mack-600x400.jpg

and

Raiders_Cornerstones_Amari_Cooper_Derek_Carr.jpg

Mack and Cooper will be top 5 in their respective positions (Well Mack is a top 5 OLB/DE already).

From what Texans beat writers are saying, even if they cut Mallet right now, the backup? Wouldn't be Dysert

It'd be Lechler

Literally sign a fucking HS QB to a 300k deal, I could give less than a shit. That'd probably be better for the team so we could get rid of the toxicity of Mallett and get a better draft pick. Fuck.

It's gonna happen

@JeromeSolomon
There is no doubt Ryan Mallett will not be a Texans by day's end. But Mallett is the least of the Texans' problem.

Mallet bout to be gone, Hoyer hated by everyone, and nobody wants to sign because all the free agent QBs know they couldn't fix this mess and when they don't they'll be the next to be hated by everyone and gone

Savage got lucky getting IR'd, otherwise he'd be canned next

Bright side, by the time the 5th QB of the season is canned they might finally take it out on BOB

Godslay

Banned
From what Texans beat writers are saying, even if they cut Mallet right now, the backup? Wouldn't be Dysert

It'd be Lechler

Yeah, that's what the article said last night. I get that some think Smith is an idiot, but that's a solid GM move considering the other options which at this point in time is basically nothing. Smith somewhat saved BOB from himself on this one. He did the correct thing in my opinion. Stole a bit of credibility from BOB, but his rep would have further went into the trash if he was allowed to cut Mallet and then Hoyer blows out a knee. Smith would have also taken the heat if something like that was to happen. Shouldn't be a controversy really.

Some highlights of the blocking on the line for the Giants.

This is on the Darkwa run. The left side of the line does a nice job with Pugh (#76) particularly getting to the second level for his block. The much maligned Andre Williams (#44) also gets involved with a nice block here to help bottle up Rolando McClain:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h2...p4?versionId=tc9kHsih1Xm6jShPoc0uePclQ37BBUSu

Flowers (#76) on Hardy with an inside move:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h2...p4?versionId=IQF0K6WSt8XnMHhKAdHmKcxuMkb70MGA

Great block by Richburg here (#70). Schwartz (#74) chips a bit before moving on but Richburg moves his man upfield:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h2...p4?versionId=QZ21cxtnZY.IFYua8Z_dlcWi9m2YG0so

Another good block by Richburg here with Flowers coming in from the left side of the line to clean up the hole. This was a 5 yard run by Jennings that got us out of the end zone after the Merriweather INT. The play after was Randle's one handed grab:

https://mtc.cdn.vine.co/r/videos_h2...p4?versionId=AMp.l6cJh6_4JNl49ASnOjVbVkgQ1edS

You know what sucks is I was at the acceptance stage with the Dolphins a few days after the Jets game. Now they have given me a glimmer of hope which means the whole cycle will start over.

I wish I was smarter.

I warned you!!! I have no expectations, I was calling for 8-8 since December, I'm just enjoying Campbell and all the craziness.

MRSA

Banned
Why don't the Texans take a waiver on Tebow already? He can work out with Watt at least.

Top FA QBs available are Jason Campbell and Christian Ponder.

MechDX

Yeah, that's what the article said last night. I get that some think Smith is an idiot, but that's a solid GM move considering the other options which at this point in time is basically nothing. Smith somewhat saved BOB from himself on this one. He did the correct thing in my opinion. Stole a bit of credibility from BOB, but his rep would have further went into the trash if he was allowed to cut Mallet and then Hoyer blows out a knee. Smith would have also taken the heat if something like that was to happen. Shouldn't be a controversy really.

Agreed but at the same time Smith basically castrated O'Brien . Just ammo for Smith to save his ass after the season. He did the same thing to Kubiak in 2013.

squicken

Seems like Brian Hoyer is an asshole. Word on him in Clevleand was he acted like he was the savior and all that. Now everyone in Houston hates him

Line_HTX

Yeah, after my rant last night, I thought about it, and I agree, you are 100% correct on this one because it's a level-headed action in the midst of flipping tables.

Farooq

Banned

I saw the sideline exchange with audio. This seems like Dez in Detroit. Not a big deal at all.

squicken

Agreed but at the same time Smith basically castrated O'Brien . Just ammo for Smith to save his ass after the season. He did the same thing to Kubiak in 2013.

Rick went all Michael Corleone on BoB in Hard Knocks. Let him do all the talking while he just sat there and smiled and let BoB hang himself

e:

FO piece on why the advanced stats didn't like Tannehill's Sunday all that much

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/quick-reads/2015/week-7-quick-reads

He didn't throw a single deep pass against Houston on Sunday. His deepest pass traveled only 14 yards beyond the line of scrimmage. Only five of his passes traveled 10 or more yards downfield, while ten were thrown to receivers at or behind the line of scrimmage. You'll recall that Tannehill only threw 19 passes, so yes, more than half of them didn't even cross the line of scrimmage.

MechDX

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 56m56 minutes ago
Since Sat.on StubHub. #Texans tickets in the 600 section started at $68. Today they are at $35.
Texans @ Titans? Tickets as low as $12.

Bright spot: cheap tickets!

jmdajr

Tebow to Texans would make them the ultimate golly gee do gooders.

Hey was on the Pats once, he knows the system!

Bread

Banned
Fantasy Updates!

Standings for Pick'ems Sponsored by Taco Bell™ Top 15

Standings for Pick'ems (Confidence) Top 15

Survivors Remaining Week 7

NFL-Gaf Fantasy - Sponsored by Taco Bell™ Week 7 Results

Standings after Week 7

My #Comeback continues.
doing a fantasy update and not getting the shirtless standings

#Fraud

eznark

Banned
Packers look better on paper, yes.

The Broncos are at their best usually late in a game. this year and the Tebow year have taught me to believe. I am not the type to just cry we're fucked when my team is in a tough situation.

I don't think you're fucked at all, but the Broncos won't win the game with the Chargers gameplan. They are like polar opposites. That was my only point.

Top Bottom