• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

A team on a hot streak versus a team backstopped by the best goalie of the season. Hard to say but Price fanboyism is pushing me to the Habs.

come back soon pls Patches

Also: that jersey shipped from Lids and should be here tomorrow, so I'll be ready for Wednesday :D

ifg4sJSI3H7nr.gif

iJCEyYI.gif

Koivu forever my Friend!

Also:

Canadiens sign forward Mark MacMillan to a two-year entry level contract

That is the most Nova Scotian Name.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Prices numbers the last 10-12 games have been average to meh. Not sure if it's because they clinched, he's nursing some injuries or just coming back down to earth. Well have to wait and see if he can turn it back on. If Patches is out for 3-4 games then the Sens have already won.

zroid

Banned
The Knights look so much more impotent without Marner. Domi is good but you can tell Marner drives that offence to a large degree.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I hate all these stupid predictions, I think Montreal is still the clear favourite in this series, they've been consistently good all season.

I just hope the Sens players don't read the papers or watch hockey stuff on TV for the next few weeks.

I hate all these stupid predictions, I think Montreal is still the clear favourite in this series, they've been consistently good all season.

I just hope the Sens players don't read the papers or watch hockey stuff on TV for the next few weeks.

Is the Ottawa Media worse than Toronto Media? Or about the same?

Red_Man

Except they haven't been. Price has been consistently good, that's it, and his numbers have come back down lately.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Except they haven't been. Price has been consistently good, that's it, and his numbers have come back down lately.

That's key though. If Price has been good all season, why would he suddenly fall apart during the playoffs?

If there's one thing we know about the Sens from their playoff history, it's that a hot goalie can make quick work of them. The old playoff matches against the Leafs still give me nightmares :S

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Why did the leafs get rid of Carlyle earlier?
Weren't they doing ok with him?

Leafs went on a nasty losing streak and eventually had a terrible game against Nashville (9-2) and everyone thought it was enough to can him... Then the leafs went on a tear... Going 11-0-1 I think.

they were at the top of the east.... Basically. Tampa were the only team ahead of us and we had games in hand on them.

Then another big losing streak started and when we fired Carlyle... We were almost out of the playoffs.

You could tell at that point the issues were systemic and we were floating by on a hotstreak our entire team took part in.

Leafs were only good in 2013 under Carlyle... But that was more because we had proper depth and the leafs played aggressive because we had PFs on every line. When we dumped MacArthur, Kulemin, Grabovski, Komarov and Frattin... We lost many of the reasons we had success.

Carlyle wasn't a great coach. He was miles better than Wilson but he wasn't doing much right. Came in to make our defense better and he made it worse. We had terrible PP % on a team with very high skill forwards.

He was basically still a reactive coach like Wilson, instead of someone who plans ahead.

Red_Man

That's key though. If Price has been good all season, why would he suddenly fall apart during the playoffs?

If there's one thing we know about the Sens from their playoff history, it's that a hot goalie can make quick work of them. The old playoff matches against the Leafs still give me nightmares :S
Like I said, he's been very average the last 10 games or so. Remains to be seen if it's just him getting bored with the remainder of the season or not. If he plays like he has most of the season, I like our chances, but that's a big if.

zroid

Banned
LAAWD, McJesus just made a ridiculous drop pass from behind the net while skating around it as if to make a wraparound attempt. Instead he passed it backwards through a defender's legs and right into the goal crease, where it was tapped in.

Too good.

Pikma

Banned
This anti-jinxing shit is so anti-climatic, I expected to see riots, people shitting on entire fanbases, arrogant fans making excessively ridiculous claims and maybe, why not, a few avatar bets

BOOOOOOO this thread

jk but not really

Yawnier

Banned
LAAWD, McJesus just made a ridiculous drop pass from behind the net while skating around it as if to make a wraparound attempt. Instead he passed it backwards through a defender's legs and right into the goal crease, where it was tapped in.

Too good.

Knights look lost without Mitch right now

Also that pass was ridiculous

Calamari41

41 > 38
This anti-jinxing shit is so anti-climatic, I expected to see riots, people shitting on entire fanbases, arrogant fans making excessively ridiculous claims and maybe, why not, a few avatar bets

BOOOOOOO this thread

jk but not really

I also hate this jinx and anti-jinx and anti-anti-jinx culture. I plan on going hard in the first round.

Red_Man

BOOOOOOO this thread

jk but not really
We still have 3 days, don't worry. Once the games start, it's all over.

Pikma

Banned
I have an "emotional" one, and a more likely one...heh.

Here is my "what I wish would happen" one...
It's actually pretty similar to mine lol, with the difference being I picked nucks over flames and blackhawks over blues

Oh and I didn't pick Habs as champs...

espher

Why did the leafs get rid of Carlyle earlier?
Weren't they doing ok with him?

They were playing at an unsustainable pace given what they were doing, and his style was behind that, and he seemed to have lost the team. I think they saw the writing on the wall and decided to axe him since the season was a writeoff... and perhaps Shanahan let Nonis decide what to do to give him enough rope to hang himself.

Mind you, the team's production/shooting percentage/stats went completely unsustainable the other way once Horachuk came in, so who knows.

Razorskin

----- ------
"This season, LA had the same record (40-27-15, 95 pts.) as they did in 2011-2012, which was the year in which they won the Stanley Cup."

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
14 goals in the final?

2014: 24
2013: 32
2012: 24
2011: 31
2010: 47
2009: 30

It's the Habs we're talking about here. Not like they score a ton of goals.

I I figure it will go 5 games, with 2 shutouts. So 14 goals is actually a lot.

Habs Wins: 2-0, 2-1, 1-0, 3-2
Flames Win: 2-1

100% unrealistic I know, but what ya gonna do ;P

Cake Boss

Banned
lol Subban doesn't know that we have the most 1 goal games in the league I believe.

We tried to play that sitback style and look where it got us in the first half of the season with Maclean and that shitty style. We defend less cuz we forecheck more and thus cause more turnovers and have the puck in the other teams zones, plus our defense and breaking out has been much better under cameron.

Top Bottom