• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL April 2015 |OT| Dustin Brown, Dustin Bro--

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
And the 4th line has been shit every since Smith went on it.

Please one of Michalek or Puempel come back from injury and take his place pls.

Or please call up Prince.

This, can't wait till Michalek and Puempel are back.

Neil is fine as long as he's not a regular, but I never wanna see Phillips in a Sens jersey ever again.

Silexx

And the 4th line has been shit every since Smith went on it.

Please one of Michalek or Puempel come back from injury and take his place pls.

Or please call up Prince.

I can't honesty believe that we're now wishing that Michalek is back in the line-up. What season indeed.

Yawnier

Banned
The Leafs fired EIGHTEEN SCOUTS?

Jesus

I predict an amazing couple of draft picks :lol

Do they have anyone left that knows this draft class? Why would they fire them BEFORE the draft?

Hunter and Dubas both probably know this draft class very well having worked in the OHL for years up until last summer and fall.

There would be about 5 or 6 actual leaf scouts left after today. Here is an article talking about how many scouts each NHL team employs as of a year ago.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The Leafs fired EIGHTEEN SCOUTS?

Jesus

I predict an amazing couple of draft picks :lol

Do they have anyone left that knows this draft class? Why would they fire them BEFORE the draft?

it's probably because the absolute duds we have been getting.

Our Bergmann picks end up better than our early picks. Kulemin, Komarov, Gunnarsson and Stralman all came from this one scout drafting in the later rounds. They also constitute the majority of players that we have drafted to make it to the NHL. Honestly ... I want him to pick every damb round.

Gauthier and Biggs were terrible choices too.

Calamari41

41 > 38
CCavTJdVIAASLjN.jpg
Lulz

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ducks were planning something like this in the event of a Kings series.

Last year they barred people in Kings gear from the restaurants.

Cake Boss

Banned
I can't honesty believe that we're now wishing that Michalek is back in the line-up. What season indeed.

Yeah the season where I was arguing with sens fans that our coach is an idiot and needs to get fired, and that Philips and Neil shouldn't even play.

What say now......bitches.

GSG Flash

Feel bad for Nolan, even Scotty Bowman wouldn't be able to coach that team to anything but a top 2 pick.

Nooooooooo

Neil can still play limited mins against 4th line opponents, his best days are about 3 or 4 years behind him though.

DopeyFish

Hey let's trade everyone away that talent!

Oh you couldn't win with all these bums? You're fireedddddddd

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Bob McKenzie says buffalo is going to make a run at Babcock.

Toronto is going to waving around more money than the value of the sabres franchise at Babcock.

DopeyFish

Pegula is paying Rex Ryan $5 million a year to coach the Buffalo Bills. Babcock is gonna get overpaid as fuuuuck if Toronto and Buffalo get into a bidding war.

That's how much the leafs were paying Burke

I'm pretty sure Babcock is getting $10+ mil next year

I don't think Babcock can rescue anything the Leafs or Sabres put on the ice next year.

Neil can still play limited mins against 4th line opponents, his best days are about 3 or 4 years behind him though.

That's just it can't. All he does is dump the puck in even if we're on a 3on1, take bad penalties and try to score goals on a wraparound which he hasnt in years if ever.

No more old men past their expiry date.

$10 million might be pushing it, but yeah like I said, if Buffalo and Toronto (and whoever else fires their coaches soon) go at him hard, that kind of number could totally happen.

GSG Flash

Ok :(

I don't think Babcock can rescue anything the Leafs or Sabres put on the ice next year.

That's just it can't. All he does is dump the puck in even if we're on a 3on1, take bad penalties and try to score goals on a wraparound which he hasnt in years if ever.

No more old men past their expiry date.

That's true, the bad penalties really infuriate me. Gryba's bad penalties piss me off too.

Out of Phillips and Neil, Neil is more "playable" but I'd rather have someone like Prince or Nick Paul on the roster instead.

That's true, the bad penalties really infuriate me. Gryba's bad penalties piss me off too.

Out of Phillips and Neil, Neil is more "playable" but I'd rather have someone like Prince or Nick Paul on the roster instead.

Yeah Gryba is only good at bleeding Lars Eller.

Yeah he's better than Philoops but that's not saying much lol.

Smith needs to GTFO as well. Get Prince or Puempel in there.

GSG Flash

Chiasson takes the worst and most penalties too.

What we lost in the blind drop pass we gained in penalties.

Wouldn't mind trading Chiasson in the off-season. He has the stone hands of Condra and Chris Kelly, but none of the defensive awareness or discipline of those guys. He probably has decent enough value to fetch a valuable piece.

Cake Boss

Banned
Wouldn't mind trading Chiasson in the off-season. He has the stone hands of Condra and Chris Kelly, but none of the defensive awareness or discipline of those guys. He probably has decent enough value to fetch a valuable piece.

I somewhat still see some potential. I think he's one of those guys that can save his season by a strong playoffs.

He's probably gone.

I hope we can swing a good trade for Jared Cowshit too.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Everyone is picking the Sens. Will be interesting to see how Hammond responds to the pressure.

zroid

Banned
Man the Soo Greyhounds are fucking good. It would be cool to see Strome and McDavid make a Memo Cup run, but they aren't getting past the Greyhounds.

Everyone is picking the Sens. Will be interesting to see how Hammond responds to the pressure.

I honestly believe he might out Price, Carey Price

Then Lose against Tampa.

Honestly? I think this is Ranger's Year Dude. If not the Rangers it's either going to be the Ducks or Wild that win it all.

Hey Ducks GAF if the Habs don't make it.

Can I join the Bandwagon?

Cake Boss

Banned

Yeah everyone is going all sens just because of what happened 2 years ago, but the x factor is Price, he wasn't this good 2 seasons ago and can single handedly take a series.

I say it will be a longer series than the one 2 years ago.

Sens in 7 please.

zroid

Banned
Well technically the Sens have been the better team over the last couple months, and Hammond has been at least as good as Price over the same period.

Not that I really think Hammond can keep this up but *shrug* we'll see.

Sens in 7! I expect it will be an awesome series regardless.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hard to bet against the Sens considering the previous series between them, and the way the Habs played them this season, add that the Sens are the hottest team in the league, and Montreal has played some of their worst hockey to end the season.

Ottawa looked terrible most of the game against the Flyers.

Hammond might be a question mark but he's been only been brutal in a game against the Rangers where he was clearly in no shape to play.

I think at least some of his success is teams didn't have a good scouting report on him since he came out of nowhere. So we will see if the Habs can solve him.

I think it will be a long series and no easy victory for either team.

But Ottawa is the media darling right now and have been the Habs kryptonite for some time now.

Top Bottom