• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Vegas Golden Knights‏Verified account
@GoldenKnights
Follow
More
The single game ticket on-sale date (AKA when Canadians who said Vegas didn't deserve a team start booking Vegas trips🙄) will be mid-August.

laaaaaaaawl

Crazy how out of touch the NHL as a whole is. Management, owners, players etc.

You have NBA star players promoting the sport all over the world (Korea, China, Europe, Africa) meanwhile the dumbass NHL decides to opt out of the Olympics. Players who have more personality than a grey metal post are shamed. Fuck this league

Socreges

Banned
Vegas Golden Knights‏Verified account
@GoldenKnights
Follow
More
The single game ticket on-sale date (AKA when Canadians who said Vegas didn't deserve a team start booking Vegas trips🙄) will be mid-August.

laaaaaaaawl
Heh. I'd kick Vegas out in a heartbeat and replace it with a few other cities. But that doesn't mean I won't take advantage of it

Marvie_3

Banned

You have NBA star players promoting the sport all over the world (Korea, China, Europe, Africa) meanwhile the dumbass NHL decides to opt out of the Olympics. Players who have more personality than a grey metal post are shamed. Fuck this league
So dont watch it?

Cake Boss

Banned
DFvbPlJXsAAhbB_.jpg

Earth Defense Force Ottawa DLC coming ya'll.

MikeRahl

I guess the argument would be that the NBA has the ability to promote their league in the offseason.

I would be interested to see what the NBA would do if they had to shutdown to go to the olympics or a FIBA championship.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
habs announce markov not returning to the habs

what a strange fucking thing to announce

so the question is... where is he going, then? :p

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
So weird, and it's Markov, so it's not like he's going to say much during his press conference. Where the hell does he end up signing then?

imBask

Banned
I don't care we don't need him he wasn't even that good lol I don't care lol Andrei who? lol haha fuck him anyway plenty of fish in the sea anyway loll

Red_Man

Hard to imagine Bergevin feels comfortable going into the season with this defence minus Markov, but I also don't know what he has to offer that could change this.

Cactus

Banned
Hard to imagine Bergevin feels comfortable going into the season with this defence minus Markov, but I also don't know what he has to offer that could change this.

Alzner - Weber
Shlemko - Petry
Benn - Streit
Davidson

Not terrible, but Alzner getting big minutes in place of Markov will be a downgrade for sure.

Red_Man

Alzner - Weber
Shlemko - Petry
Benn - Streit
Davidson

Not terrible, but Alzner getting big minutes in place of Markov will be a downgrade for sure.
Alzner isn't a top pairing guy, and wasn't signed as such, they're really lacking puck movement with Markov departing.

Red_Man

I agree, but who's gonna play the tough minutes on the left side with Weber?
Essentially the issue Bergevin now faces, and he's running out of assets he can move to find that guy. The good news is Julien is one of the best defensive coaches in the league and has done more with less.

Alzner - Weber
Shlemko - Petry
Benn - Streit
Davidson

We also have Joe Morrow and Jakub Jerabek. But we'll see what'll happen next. Maybe we will trade someone for a Defenceman...

Top Bottom