• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Off-Season 2017 |OT| We’ve Been Here Since October

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Smelly tell me why Canucks have the shittiest luck ever???

two years in a row we get fucked by the draft lottery

i don't even know anymore

I'm gonna crack open a beer and watch Pens-Caps while i wallow in self-pity

WE COULD'VE PICKED THE HIGHEST-RANKED/PICKED SWISS PLAYER OF ALL TIME

BUT NOOOOOOOOOO

K. Is there a list for the % chance per team spot then? Cuz jumping from 13 to 2 seems like pretty long odds.

http://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds

Philly had a ~7% chance of picking 1-3.

Tanking on purpose? You finished with more than 20 points less than the Leafs last season GTFO of here.

Yeah we tanked THAT BAD for a draft THIS BAD. With great players, one of which wanted to be here for the majority of his career so far, and then dropped hints that he'd be fine with being traded.

All intentional.

Eh, Leafs traded depth players and bad contracts during the year, then brought up rookies that would play a big part on this year's team. I admit they tanked by playing Sparks so much when he was struggling though and Bernier was getting it together, 100% tank move there.

Merguson

Banned
it is a rebuild, but the league is trying to prevent that TYPE of rebuild with the lottery... except it's backfiring like crazy right now

Is it backfiring? All I see is don't hinge your hopes on getting a top 3 pick regardless of whatever direction the team decides on.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
😑

They have a good team. And are adding either Patrick or Hischier.

Canucks are getting Mittelstadt. No question. Time to start talking myself into it.

Odds of NJ winning: 8.5%
Odds of Dallas picking in the top3: 18.3%
Odds of Philly picking in the top3: 7.2%
Odds of the Avs picking 4th overall: 51.9%
Odds of the Canucks picking 5th overall: 30.7%

fuck everything

If the league really cared about eliminating tanking, they'd ease up on the cap, so there were other ways to turn over a roster.

Can I get an amen, Marvie

Socreges

Banned
Is it backfiring? All I see is don't hinge your hopes on getting a top 3 pick regardless of whatever direction the team decides on.
Moving the goalposts as you go. Fact is the Avs didn't tank, but the Leafs did. One team got lucky, the other didn't. That was the conversation.

imBask

Banned
Moving the goalposts as you go. Fact is the Avs didn't tank, but the Leafs did. One team got lucky, the other didn't. That was the conversation.

and my point was that the lottery is a solution to a problem that shouldn't exist, but does exist because of dirtbags like Lamoriello

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
oh let's not forget kovalchuk might be back next season and new jersey looks good with a first overall

metro is going to be a trainwreck soon

you have my condolences Nucks/AvsGAF. Luck is really not on your side.

The Devils have the devil's luck evidently. Ditto for the Flyers and Stars. Certainly one way to spice up an otherwise mediocre draft. And the Metro is going to be crazy in a few years.

DopeyFish

are you ready for a 120 points team to get a wildcard spot and no ice advantage?

they're gonna have a 100 point team in the draft lottery

hopefully they suppress each other enough so the atlantic doesn't get screwed with 3 playoff spots

DopeyFish

are you saying the Penguins might get the #1 overall next year?

my projected first overall for next year is ryan merkley... a damn defenseman

so yes

also dahlin is another gunning for first

edit: i just looked at merkley's stats... he led the guelph storm in points what the fuck it's not even his draft year

On the bright side this is likely great news for my wallet. And, it may force Sakic's hand in being more involved with fixing the fucking team instead of potentially falling into a hope and pray trap that the pick from this year magically fixes some of our biggest problems.

zroid

Banned
fa7d14110fe04a0e87fc218dd93f39ad.png

:lol

Top Bottom