• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

farisr

So this no checkpoint thing is only for the beginning right? Cause I wanted to try switching to Hard mode when I play to have a decent challenge against the normal enemies. I consider having to replay from the beginning of a mission tedious rather than adding challenge. If it's just the beginning, then I'll play that on normal to get through that part.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
so...is it true that they basically sabotaged this game so that people playing it without the first patch can't finish it? i haven't seen any actual confirmation of this outside of a single tumblr post.

it seems incredibly scummy

LotusHD

Banned
So this no checkpoint thing is only for the beginning right? Cause I wanted to try switching to Hard mode when I play to have a decent challenge against the normal enemies. I consider having to replay from the beginning of a mission tedious rather than adding challenge. If it's just the beginning, then I'll play that on normal to get through that part.

Yea, just the beginning.

N° 2048

so...is it true that they basically sabotaged this game so that people playing it without the first patch can't finish it? i haven't seen any actual confirmation of this outside of a single tumblr post.

No, it was just a bug if you played before fully downloading the game .

It's fixed now.

JayEH

what, can you link that tumblr post?

I mean, what do u want us to say. He said he's struggling, and he's not the only one, so just change the difficulty and be done with it so he can get it out of the way was a quick suggestion to make. Whether or not he should have to is ultimately irrelevant; he can't do anything about it other than "git gud" or make it easier on himself. I'm not defending anything, just telling him the easiest solution to proceed with the game.

I mean, i wasnt referring to you, the other posters who are just saying "git gud". Your post was trying to help them.

For a community that tries really hard to sell you on their game, to the point that threads get locked cause they look like OTs....they sure are acting like complete assholes.

I had a harder time in the beginning than in the demo, but it wasnt that difficult.

Besides, the two saws is pretty easy thanks to the dodge being godlike.

Also I play the game on easy in some parts, because I want to finish this game fast, so set the game to easy and auto dodge + attack against some bullet sponge enemies.

pezzie

http://rologeass.tumblr.com/post/157521463826/first-look-and-notes-at-early-copy-of-nier

i see, that's good to know. so it doesn't finish installing while you play if you start a game before it's done?

It was just a bug where if you started playing before it finished installing, it'll still install and launch the full game but an early main quest gets bugged so you can't progress. It's been fixed.

Edit: Also I played the intro twice because of the bug, and nothing comes close to one shotting you on normal. Even the big hits do like, a third of your life max.

EdmondD

Why would they sabotage their own game? A game which needs all the sales it can get. Come on, use your brain.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Why would they sabotage their own game? A game which needs all the sales it can get. Come on, use your brain.

to keep people from playing it before release date? to stem spoilers? i wouldn't put it past any developer at this point.

the way it was worded (you will ABSOLUTELY die) made it sound like some kind of kill wall similar to built in antipiracy measures in various games

EdmondD

I will say that Square Enix is pretty fucking stupid. The shit they are pulling with the PC release date is already losing this game sales. The developers are the ones who really suffer while Square Enix plays their little games.

Hektor

I think '2B' is an accurate summary of the game themes. :p

Edit: As in, 'to be', you know, existence, etc. >_<

The entire NieR: Automata gameplay, but everytime someone says 2B it's replaced with the entire bee movie but everytime someone says bee it's replaced with the entire reading of Hamlet but everytime someone says "to be" or "not to be" it is replaced with the sound of someone slapping 2 buttocks

The entire NieR: Automata gameplay, but everytime someone says 2B it's replaced with the entire bee movie but everytime someone says bee it's replaced with the entire reading of Hamlet but everytime someone says "to be" or "not to be" it is replaced with the sound of someone slapping 2 buttocks

LMAO, i couldn't have written something better

Coda

My impressions so far (played about 5-6 hours):
-The lush world is nice to look at and I'm pretty amazed at how big the world is. The only problem is how dead it can feel at times
-The melancholy tone of the game kind of brings me down a bit, it's probably my own tastes but I'm having trouble playing the game for long periods of time
-The combat is fun and very Platinum like, wondering how far upgrades will go
-The boss battles and transitions to arcade gameplay are really cool
-My PS4 Pro's fans go into overdrive mode in the lush, vegetative areas in the game, seems really power intensive on the console

How do you unlock fast travel in the game?

TissueBox

Some say the last sound you hear upon death is the sound of someone slapping 2 buttocks...

Anoxida

I expected something else when people claiming this was a rpg first and action game later. There's absolutely no truth in this. It's a action game 100%. Not saying it's a bad thing btw. But the rpg elements are quite light.

A week ago I told my friend about my interest in N:A, and so he legit gifted me his copy of the original.

I was going to go straight to Automata, but now I'm just going to play them in order (even if it's not necessary.)

Uubumaster

Neo Member
Hi guys,
I need some help with a side quest.

I'm looking for the Yorha traitors. Managed to find them once near the factory, but otherwise they don't appear.

Thanks in advance !

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I expected something else when people claiming this was a rpg first and action game later. There's absolutely no truth in this. It's a action game 100%. Not saying it's a bad thing btw. But the rpg elements are quite light.

It has all of the same elements of the original nier which was also considered an action RPG, so what changed? The fact that the combat is no longer average at best.

Having bad combat is not a prerequisite for being an RPG.

I've even had some people try and argue Nioh is not an RPG as well. Its so weird to me

jonjonaug

How are you liking it now overall after C?

Is there another route?

Route structure spoilers:
No, in fact there's like maybe 40-50 minutes of game left after ending C. You unlock chapter select after Ending C or D and getting the other one is as simple as loading up the final boss chapter and choosing a different option when it's offered to you.

There is an ending E, but the conditions to unlock this are just "play ending D with ending C cleared" I think (not 100% sure that C is required, I did C before D).

Jiraiza

How are you liking it now overall after C?

Is there another route?

Amazing ride. I still have two endings left, but they should be quick to get because of a few features that get unlocked after the C ending.

I still haven't really gotten around to screwing around with the combat, but there's a ton of fun things you can pull off with the Pod Programs.

What I really like about this game is how it keeps things fresh. The game is short for each playthrough, but there's always something new that's added.

TissueBox

After finishing the story (well, the brunt of it anyway) I gotta say,
Pascal was a
pretty great character. Memorable and symbolically interesting.

Though
A2 (despite me not getting the other ending just yet)
may just be my favorite because of how much they made me laugh tbh. Taro's games could also be called Dorks in a Cruel World.

Daaaamn.... i just realised i lost huge time for nothing thanks to route B

you know these
Golden machine that have massive amount of HP? I beat them with 2B by fighting a very long time.... but with 9S hacking, it take like 1 minute, i'm so dumb, haha

Hektor

After finishing the story (well, the brunt of it anyway) I gotta say,
Pascal was a
pretty great character. Memorable and symbolically interesting.

Pascal is my favorite character i think.

Such a tragic story ;_;

And he got genuinly the most badass moment in the entire game.

He da real MVP

TissueBox

Pascal is my favorite character i think.

Such a tragic story ;_;

And he got genuinly the most badass moment in the entire game.

He da real MVP

Yep
CHILLS I say, got chills all over from that. Him operating the goliath is one of the game's most epic moments and also saddest in retrospect...

The damn way it had to end...f*cking brutal but unforgettable. And there's a philosophical analogue in there somewhere.

And I really loved how A2 warmed up to him and the kids and other villagers. The track that plays after you help the kids set up the slide had me sitting there listening for like half an hour lol...which reminds me, do you or anyone know the name of this one?? Would like to give it a re-listen for, ahem, scientific purposes..

Hektor

Hey guys I'm having trouble with (sidequest)
11B's Memento. Where exactly is it in the factory?

If it's the sidequest i think it is it's at the very beginning where you started the game

which reminds me, do you or anyone know the name of this one?? Would like to give it a re-listen for, ahem, scientific purposes..

Unfortunately not.

Gargh, an entire motnh until the OST releases

Top Bottom