• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 2 Official Thread

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
U K Narayan said:
I guess you're right.

as I said , it's like Mario-and Smash Bros , DOA and NG not connected in timeline , just the characters , just think of it as different universe or whatever .

the timeline crap is just from the fans who try to connect stuff.

GuardianE said:
Yes. We can base it off of Ayane's age. She's one year older from NG1 to NG2. She's also one year older from NG2 to the first Dead or Alive.

and if NG2 is one year before DOA then why
Kasumi
is ninja and why Ayane helping Dragon Ninja Clan , when we know that the event before DOA 1 was about Raidou buttfucking everybody and Ayane have many clan problems .

it was clear that Ayane feel for Ryu in Ninja Gaiden , when she don't even care about him at all in DOA , also in DOA universe Hayate is Ryu's best friend , in NG Ryu is a lone Ninja.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Totobeni said:
and if NG2 is one year before DOA then why
Kasumi
is ninja and why Ayane helping Dragon Ninja Clan , when we know that the event before DOA 1 was about Raidou buttfucking everybody and Ayane have many clan problems .

it was clear that Ayane feel for Ryu in Ninja Gaiden , when she don't even care about him at all in DOA , also in DOA universe Hayate is Ryu's best friend , in NG Ryu is a lone Ninja.

Because
Kasumi IS a ninja during the NG time period. She became a shinobi (kunoichi) and then deserted to fight Raidou in order to avenge Hayate (who got his butt whooped by Raidou years ago). It's not clear when she deserted the clan, only that it was after Hayate was crippled, after finding Raidou once again, and right before participating in the Dead or Alive tournament. Ayane is helping the Dragon Clan because she works in secret (mostly because her own clan is ashamed of her existence) because her own clan has a vested interest in remaining friendly with the Dragon Clan. She gets shady missions from the elders of her clan and operates in the shadows (hence her mission to kill Kasumi in DOA because she violated the code). This is why you never see Ayane interact with any other ninja, but always be in hiding while helping from a distance.

As far as Ayane/Ryu pairings, Ayane never liked Ryu in a romantic sense, and I don't get that at all from NG. She has a brother complex going with Hayate. And Ryu is NOT really a lone ninja. Go play Ninja Gaiden DS. He has a village, interacts with that village, and there's a lot of inferred ninja friendliness that's just not in the games. As both Hayate and Ryu are the next in line to lead their respective clans, it would make sense for them to know each other and be friends/rivals.

I apologize in advance for my nerdage slipping out.

Hayashi's blog post about the future NG

Let me say that Momiji isn’t the only character from Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword to appear in the game. We have Sanji appearing on this game! He is carrying a pair of guard swords as his charm, and is mourning his father. His father was double sword master so Sanji aspires to this role as well. Although he still can’t use the two swords since he is too young in this title he is a fervent little devil? I bet he will be a double swords master NINJA as same as his father and Ryu Hayabusa someday! My hints are like bombshells!

Also, look out for the prologue section in this game, we inserted it for our fans, there are some hints in there, things to look at that will point the way to the future. Of course, these secret elements will also be in there locked away in the story too, you have to look for them. And one final thing I have to say… look out for a “Golden Scarab”. Okay, that’s enough hints to keep your mouths wet!

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009/10/02/ninja-gaiden-sigma-2-final-post/

:lol

I had a question close to the end of the game
As I was going through the land of the dead Hayabusa village or whatever it's called I came across a statue head. A little while later I found a headless statue and put the head on it and it revealed a chest with blue orbs in it. It seemed really odd, because I thought I'd tried to do as much exploring as possible, but that seemed like the only puzzle like that in the whole game. Was there more that I missed or is that really it?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
rainking187 said:
I had a question close to the end of the game
As I was going through the land of the dead Hayabusa village or whatever it's called I came across a statue head. A little while later I found a headless statue and put the head on it and it revealed a chest with blue orbs in it. It seemed really odd, because I thought I'd tried to do as much exploring as possible, but that seemed like the only puzzle like that in the whole game. Was there more that I missed or is that really it?

It's sort of a tribute/throwback because that area exists in the first game, and the statue head puzzle is in the first game.

co-op in this game is an absolute blast

on chapter 6 now with mentor. definitely tightens up the gameplay for sure, but still easy to go through without using any items.

for anyone who played through master on 360, this is so-far a cakewalk

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Phoenix Fang said:
Man you suck at this game. I would be embarrassed to post that video. It goes to show how easy they made the damn thing.

lol, you don't have to be an ass.

Lyonaz said:
So I've being doing Team missions, but what's the criteria for getting high Karma scores?

Kill lots of enemies. Killing sprees (getting multiple kills within a short period of time), Obliteration Technique Kills, and Ultimate Technique connections are all things you want to strive for.

Lyonaz

GuardianE said:
Kill lots of enemies. Killing sprees (getting multiple kills within a short period of time), Obliteration Technique Kills, and Ultimate Technique connections are all things you want to strive for.

Ah thanks, do you also get Karma for not getting hit or something too?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Lyonaz said:
Ah thanks, do you also get Karma for not getting hit or something too?

Nope. You can get stabbed in the eye repeatedly and the game won't care. There's no penalty.

Oh, you also get a bonus for Instant Kills, which involves a kill all contained within one move, I believe?

Lyonaz

GuardianE said:
Nope. You can get stabbed in the eye repeatedly and the game won't care. There's no penalty.

Oh, you also get a bonus for Instant Kills, which involves a kill all contained within one move, I believe?

Nice, I suck at blocking, but am pro at mashing triangle. =P

Instant Kills are awesome, I managed to behead 2 ninjas in one bird swallow move with Ayane in Chapter Select, was 3000 Karma each I think.

DR2K

Banned
iconoclast said:
1. Equip the scythe.
2. Hold triangle
3. Periodically release triangle
4. ???
5. Profit.

1. Pick Rachel
2. Spam projectile until you get 200+ hits
3. The occasional hold triangle spam, just as good as the scythe if not better
4. ???
5. Profit

Pimpbaa

DR2K said:
1. Pick Rachel
2. Spam projectile until you get 200+ hits
3. The occasional hold triangle spam, just as good as the scythe if not better
4. ???
5. Profit

#4 is Shake Controller

CrushDance said:
How do I defeat that stupid boss in a timely manner?

What boss? The
Archfiend Stage 1
? Howling Cannon to the head, dash-jump-dash to the side to avoid vomit, 2 howling cannons to the stomach, dodge laser beam, rinse and repeat.

Dra-Q said:
Do we now, what the secret Trophies are?

Supposedly:
Beat chapter 1
Beat chapter 4
Beat chapter 7
Beat chapter 10
Beat chapter 13
Beat the game on accolyte
Beat the game on warrior
Beat the game on mentor
Beat the game on master ninja
Kill 1000 enemies with Ayane
Kill 1000 enemies with Momiji
Kill 1000 enemies with Rachel
Get master ninja ranking on all chapters in chapter select mode on accolyte
Get master ninja ranking on all chapters in chapter select mode on warrior
Get master ninja ranking on all chapters in chapter select mode on mentor
Get master ninja ranking on all chapters in chapter select mode on master ninja

Seventy5

I picked this up last night, really enjoying it. I miss the reverse wind roll though, the dash is throwing my timing off a little bit. Is there a better weapon than the Vig. Flail for massive combos though? I can't seem to get more than about 70 hits on the groups of enemies I've fought so far, though I'm only on chapter 4. Co-op is a fucking blast, just trying to open new weapons so my co-op partner isn't laughing at my Dragon Sword Ryu. Anyone looking for a moderately skilled partner, add me, psn ID is the same as my tag.

iconoclast said:
What boss? The
Archfiend Stage 1
? Howling Cannon to the head, dash-jump-dash to the side to avoid vomit, 2 howling cannons to the stomach, dodge laser beam, rinse and repeat.
The glowing orb? I shoot it and it does the same amount of damage.

When the weapons are unlocked for Team Mission mode what determines their level? Are they whatever they were at the last save in the main game, or does something else determine it?

CrushDance said:
The glowing orb? I shoot it and it does the same amount of damage.

Yeah. The orb only glows after you hit him in the head, then you can hit the orb twice, sometimes 3 times. As long as you're using the howling cannon it shouldn't take too long.

Die Squirrel Die said:
When the weapons are unlocked for Team Mission mode what determines their level? Are they whatever they were at the last save in the main game, or does something else determine it?

Weapons in Team Missions are always max level, aren't they?

Seventy5 said:
I picked this up last night, really enjoying it. I miss the reverse wind roll though, the dash is throwing my timing off a little bit. Is there a better weapon than the Vig. Flail for massive combos though? I can't seem to get more than about 70 hits on the groups of enemies I've fought so far, though I'm only on chapter 4. Co-op is a fucking blast, just trying to open new weapons so my co-op partner isn't laughing at my Dragon Sword Ryu. Anyone looking for a moderately skilled partner, add me, psn ID is the same as my tag.

Don't forget to use your shuriken, you can easily get 3 hits here and there, it makes the 100 combo trophy much easier.

Tonza

Played to chapter 2 boss. Don't remember his name but the ninja dude.

And I died. For the record I play at Acolyte and I had like 3 healing items and a revival thing. :lol

Anyways, the game doesn't have the shake controller thing for nimpos right? Even though I haven't played Sigma 1 in over a year I started shaking the controller the first time I did inferno.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Well that was a waste. Beat the game twice and never had any disconnect problems but now I'm getting disconnected all the time so I can't play the single player game.

Wait. What the fuck am I saying?

I CAN'T PLAY THE SINGLEPLAYER GAME IF I'M OFFLINE? OF COURSE NOT, YOU GET DISCONNECTED RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING BATTLE AND IT TAKES YOU BACK TO THE MAIN MENU! JUST LIKE AN ONLINE GAME, WOOOPIIDOO.

Fix this shit Guerilla.

Pachinko

Seiken said:
Well that was a waste. Beat the game twice and never had any disconnect problems but now I'm getting disconnected all the time so I can't play the single player game.

I CAN'T PLAY THE SINGLEPLAYER GAME IF I'M OFFLINE? OF COURSE NOT, YOU GET DISCONNECTED RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING BATTLE AND IT TAKES YOU BACK TO THE MAIN MENU! JUST LIKE AN ONLINE GAME, WOOOPIIDOO.

Fix this shit Guerilla.

uh... great post / wrong thread ?

Pachinko said:
uh... great post / wrong thread ?

No it's the right thread, if you're playing Sigma 2 SP while logged into PSN and you get logged out of PSN, Sigma 2 will kick you back to the main screen.

It's kinda......it's very fucking dumb.

oblo

I found a fix for the PAL CE DLC problem...

...Or they fixed it, I don't know... But it works for me now. I had been re-installing the game for about ten times, but now I got it to work. The thing I did differently from before: when starting the download I set it to "background download" rightaway (don't be too slow about it because it's a small download and the option is gone fast), the DLC should now be a normal "install-icon", when I started that, it worked fine and when booting up the game it told me I received a new costume. Succes! I also had SFIV inserted and not the Ninja Gaiden gamedisc but I doubt that had anything to do with it...

Hope it works for others as well!

God. Team Ninja has to be the worst devs in the world.

Speaking of which, does the complete all missions trophy mean each mission+ultimate?

DR2K

Banned
IronFistedChampion said:
I think I'm going to rent this game instead. Can't afford the full price with Uncharted 2 coming out in less than 2 weeks from now. :(

Do the buy 2 get 1 free Toysrus deal. You can get both.

LordK

Some more co-op impressions. Played a couple games last night which went smoothly (still a bit of lag). Another game would freeze for 2 seconds, move 2 frames and freeze for another 2 seconds. It amazes me that people will join a bad connection game. It's similarly astonishing that someone would join a good connection game.

Anyways, the co-op seriously is perhaps the most fun I've had so far in gaming this year.

EDIT: Team Ninja needs to fix their freaking text. "Do you want to the play the mission again?" after you beat a missionwith someone. If you choose yes, it moves you back to the mission menu. You don't play "the mission again". I had some guy freak out over that and he'd keep saying no and then rejoining my game. Similarly, "Do you want to upload a record of your result?" could easily be mistaken as "do you want to upload your replay?" I've noticed some people I've played with say no even though it's a pretty high score. I initially thought it was for uploading your replay.

burgerdog

Seiken said:

Fix this shit Guerilla.
Just stay offline and boot the game, when you get the prompt to connect ignore it and stay offline. You'll be able to play with no problems.

Anyway, what the fuck were they thinking ? :lol

Top Bottom