• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory shows what Hellblade II Senua's Saga's clouds will look like

mxbison

Read the white text, and look at the folds in the leather and fabric on the different models. Its ingame i think.
Very impressive. Probably the first time i have been honestly fooled.

Nah that's definitely a photo. Maybe with a little editing to make it more like a target render or something. I doubt we'll get to that level though, at least not this early in the generation.

If they are working on cloud tech, you would think the game is further enough along for there to be some kind of gameplay or trailer at E3.
I'm no dev, but i would of thought stuff like clouds and the sky would be something you work on after a lot of the main bulk of the game had been made.
I seriously doubt It, given that we know the game utilize Unreal 5 and the engine it's still fare from ready

SirTerry-T

What the....i wasnt trying to be funny when i said that was the actress in costume, i honestly thought it was, but i just read the white text and thats her actual ingame model?, pretty crazy lol.
I don't think that is the model? Seems more like a photoshoot with the costume put together for acquiring scan data? I think the baseline model bit was referring to that outfit being the "standard" Senua outfit, could be wrong though :)

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
What he means is that at the game's actual speed the clouds will not hold up if they move too fast because they are updated only a couple of times per seconds (every couple of frames on a game that only runs at 30fps on base PS4)... I wonder about the PC version's clouds now.

The cloud update rate is limited by the hardware capabilities. Driveclub is running on a base PS4.

For something that was made 8 years later to run on hardware 8x more powerful, the clouds here look good but its where my compliments stop.

It would be so much easier to be excited if the game wasnt about some mentally ill woman, where everything looks dark and dingy.

Just a really damned weird setting and feel. Sony meanwhile Horizon, God of War, Ghost of Tsushima.

Just a strange setting and universe to make a game like this.

GymWolf

E3 here we come. :messenger_ok:

Ninja Theory are just on another level.

Oh god, i thought M was done with this "power of the cloud" narrative...

But to return serious for a moment, am i the only one who gives 2 fucks about clouds in games?! How much computational resources does this thing eat up??

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
bored smoke GIF by O&O, Inc

nemiroff

Gold Member
I dunno man. Hellblade just doesnt seem all that appealing to me, the universe and characters.

I wish it was just something more fun and exciting.

Some day when you grow up you'll realize that the universe doesn't revolve around you. Who knows, maybe you'll even be capable to appreciate the qualities in things not tuned exactly to your preferences.

Anyway, some of the posts in this thread is perplexing. We've had volumetric clouds in simulation software for a long time, not everything is invented by Sony. Oh, fun fact while we're on that topic; the clouds and weather effects in Driveclub is third party developed (TrueSKY) - Not that there's anything wrong with that. Same weather engine is used in games like Arma III, Ace Combat 7 (?), and State of Decay 2..

Last edited:

cormack12

Gold Member
Despite how great some clouds look in stills and games (and I still think technically RDR2 is artistically ahead of everyone), I got to say the effect they had in Valhalla with the shadows sweeping across the fields (like passing in front of the sun) remains one the most impressive in terms of live gameplay for me. The life it gives to undulating landscapes is amazing. And yes, I am aware it's smoke and mirrors but sometimes the little tricks and artistic direction can really elevate quite standard tech implementations

Some day when you grow up you'll realize that the universe doesn't revolve around you. Who knows, maybe you'll even be capable to appreciate the qualities in things not tuned exactly to your preferences.

LMAO

Always get a chuckle out of the weirdos that get worked up and take videogame discussions so personally. Never change and bless you

Last edited:

Loope

The insecure Sony bros in this thread is extremely cringeworthy. An Xbox dev doing something good does not invalidate Sony devs.
Calm down , don't talk about it, unless you want a barrage of Sony games gifs and pics nobody asked for. Pretty telling that they're all up in arms about this type of stuff, but are okay with people drowning about waves and shit. It's like sea of thieves doesn't exist.

MastaKiiLA

LMAO

Always get a chuckle out of the weirdos that get worked up and take videogame discussions so personally. Never change and bless you
Tbf, the reason gaming conversations inevitably devolve into warring is because of posts like yours that ignored the main thrust of this thread, which is up discuss the cloud tech, and wanders off into slighting the game, dev, or platform.

I'm not trying to single you out, but it's an understandable point of frustration for anyone legitimately trying to discuss a topic. This happens in all threads.

If HB2 isn't your thing, why would you want to read a thread on it, much less reply in it? Anyway, just my two cents. I only played Heavenly Sword, which I loved. I like Ninja Theory.

Calm down , don't talk about it, unless you want a barrage of Sony games gifs and pics nobody asked for. Pretty telling that they're all up in arms about this type of stuff, but are okay with people drowning about waves and shit. It's like sea of thieves doesn't exist.

I don’t like sea of thieves, I have to say tho the water effects are gorgeous particularly when complimented by sunset/sunrise.

supernova8

Banned
Not trying to be a spoil sport, but the game was announced back in 2019, which means it was in development before that, right?

All they are showing us since then is... clouds? Pardon my French but.. piss off.

Phil should send out a memo saying "let's stop tweeting/posting bollocks until we actually have something to show"

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
You know it was just a hamrless tweet to show off what they are working on. No gloating, no 'look at our clouds, we are amazing arent we' crap.
Some of you really need to get a life with all this shit.
Come on, Tameem Antoniades is one of the most pretentious studio heads I've ever seen.

Besides, I think you forfeited the right to say you have more of a life than anyone here after you created, and regularly began to use, your neogaf account.

Last edited:
They need to up their game (no pun intended) as the first game had extremely basic gameplay.

However, the emphasis is clearly graphics so I'm sure gameplay is going to suffer again.
Tbf to ninja theory Hellblade1 is an outlier in terms of gameplay. If you look back at thier catalogue of games thier gameplay is often impeccable, including an incredibly underrated combat system in dmc.

Considering the enormous shift in budget and resources I think we should expect the full package. I've been telling a friend for years that Ninja Theory wouldve done what Santa Monica did with the new GoW years ago if they had the budget. Expectations are extremely high for this one, in all areas.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Damn Bo…..just makes me think what Evolution could have achieved with PS5 tech.

A new Motorstorm would have blown socks off I’m sure….

They were victims of their own work. They are talented, but what happened is rushing to release an unready game makes it look bad and it's hard to regain interest afterwards. Many games have suffered from that.

Top Bottom