• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Theory shows what Hellblade II Senua's Saga's clouds will look like

Besides flight simulator..none of those other examples show clouds forming and dissolving (as specified in the twitter post) anywhere near as naturally like this.
This is the tech they are using I imagine, looks like anyway.

reksveks

This is the tech they are using I imagine, looks like anyway.
It does look quite like it but the YouTube link still seems a very static form of cloud creation. It might be a different setting or a minor update to the tech

It does look quite like it but the YouTube link still seems a very static form of cloud creation. It might be a different setting or a minor update to the tech
Yeah they could well have improved it but it's Unreal engine tech and Ninja Theory use that engine so I presumed its the same technology.

Kokoloko85

x1iwdNG.jpg

Base line Senua, in game model.

Looks impressive.
And good thing they covered her mouth, that initial reveal trailer with Senua’s gummy mouth was fucking ugly and awful to look at. Looked so exageratted

Last edited:

Dr Bass

Flow maps I would wager.
You would wager?

Are you ignoring the fact this was stated quite clearly in the very first post in an effort to look like you are making some kind of educated guess?

Guys .. we are looking at clouds, which have been done very, very well ... for years. You're not going to sit there and look at clouds on a time lapse like this video is showing, when you're playing a video game.

It looks good. So do tons of other weather environments in games. Let's move on and wait for something actually real.

You would wager?

Are you ignoring the fact this was stated quite clearly in the very first post in an effort to look like you are making some kind of educated guess?

Guys .. we are looking at clouds, which have been done very, very well ... for years. You're not going to sit there and look at clouds on a time lapse like this video is showing, when you're playing a video game.

It looks good. So do tons of other weather environments in games. Let's move on and wait for something actually real.
Calm down dear, I was answering in response to what makes these clouds different to other games, ok sweetheart 😉

Stuart360

No I think this the real actress in costume before being rendered in game, this is too good.
Read the white text, and look at the folds in the leather and fabric on the different models. Its ingame i think.
Very impressive. Probably the first time i have been honestly fooled.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
It's far smoother than Horizon which updates in stages. Plus one is a tiny low quality gif.

It's not like clouds are moving that fast all the time in real life. It looks good, not impressive. They didn't set a new standard at Ninja theory if that's what they wanted you to believe.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Read the white text, and look at the folds in the leather and fabric on the different models. Its ingame i think.
Very impressive. Probably the first time i have been honestly fooled.

It's not ingame lol, it's just a model to show the costume, with some photoshop work. If this was ingame model, why the mask....?

They never said they did, unless i missed it. Its just tiresome little warriors trying to start shit when there is no need.

Is it hard for you to discuss things, instead to go this route again?

Last edited:
Horizon is a far bigger game. If that is what at least 6,5x stronger console than vanilla PS4 can achieve in Hellblade 2, then naaah. Not better at all
It's obviously better looking its a new game running on next gen hardware. I'm not downplaying Horizon its a lovely looking game, I'm just saying what I see.

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Yeah it has to be real. The white text is a bit weird though with the way are wording it like its an ingame asset.

The text is not weird at all. It doesn't indicate at all that this is an ingame model, rather it indicates what elements of this costume they still need to change or remove. They talk about the word "costume".

I just don't understand. A PS5 version of Drive club w/ PSVR would be something...

But it won't happen.

Just imagine, 4K/60 -120 next-gen visual. This would just be the best looking race game ever created...such a shame.

Last edited:
Top Bottom