• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 1/14/15 (6AM PST / 9AM EST)

So the Direct is at 1am here, and I do a double shift Thursday, start at 9am and won't finish until around 10pm. Eh, I'll manage lol.

So...will Amazon do pre-orders?

I guess I'll have to hit up Gamestop ASAP and also look out for Amazon. I CANT TAKE THIS STRESS.
I thought Amazon US stopped selling Nintendo hardware directly years ago now. Has that been resolved?

Re. the Direct, we all k ow n3DS is coming. I'm hoping for a Yoshi's Woolly World release date (possible) and a new Metroid (unlikely).

So how do Gamestop preorders work? As soon as they go up on the site can I go to the store to preorder or is that a separate time?

Soul Lab

That's exactly what i was hoping for. Woke up. Checked gaf. Got hyped. Bring it on!

New Splatoon footage is a must!
Devils third update would also be nice.

Oh and
Wave Race

So how do Gamestop preorders work? As soon as they go up on the site can I go to the store to preorder or is that a separate time?

It just depends but usually reserves in store / online begin at the same time. Not always the case but the majority of the time if its available on one its available at the other.

xandaca

Spring? So they have nothing until (effectively) April at least? Not good, Nintendo, though once again at least the back half of the year should be nicely stacked.

JoeM86

Spring? So they have nothing until (effectively) April at least? Not good, Nintendo, though once again at least the back half of the year should be nicely stacked.

Satiric post?

They always say this sort of thing and show stuff available next month and beyond Spring.

JonnyKong

Delightful news to wake up to.

By mentioning the word spring, they've practically confirmed they'll be mentioning Majora's and Splatoon and new 3DS release dates.

This is my first ever Gaf hype train journey. It's exquisite.

Toparaman

Banned
YUP, IT'S THAT TIME AGAIN!

But why does Nintendo do such a poor job of informing people about Directs? They send me e-mails about plenty of things, but never Directs. And also they only announce Directs like a day in advance.

Directs are one of the more forward-thinking things Nintendo has been doing recently, so I really wish more people knew about them.

The Giant

Banned
Can't wait to see Devil's Third footage. I expect a release date annouced since Itagaki said a few weeks ago that development is almost finished.

Akiller

It's nice to see a Direct announcement when you just woke up a couple of minutes ago.Good morning DirectGAF.

I just want a new Devil's Third trailer tbh, Itagaki Said its Development is almost finished after all.

Was reading the "januari" thread before I left the house tonight and was thinking to myself, "Great, now I'm all hyped for something that hasn't even been announced yet". But now that I've come home to see this news, the real hype can begin!

Cream

Banned
The game I'm most excited to see:

18j3ex4y1n8vajpg.jpg

Itagaki said it's come a really long way. Apparently it looks almost like a completely different game.

KiTA

As always, hoping that there's a Dragon Quest announcement.

And I'll leave disappointed.

Pretty easy one to call, I think.

Likely:
- New 3DS + launch title(s), i.e. Xenoblade
- Monster Hunter 4 release date
- Final push for Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (MSRP, Amiibo integration)
- Reminder about Code Name: STEAM
- Release date for either Yoshi's Woolly World or Mario Maker

Possible:
- Not-new 3DS Amiibo peripheral
- Amiibo wave 4
- Upcoming indie/VC releases
- Imminent eShop surprise (e.g. Mario vs. Donkey Kong, one of Miyamoto's experiments, or something unknown)
- Details on Majora's Mask 3D enhancements and/or a release date
- Update on Super Smash Bros. updates
- Final content packs for Hyrule Warriors
- Captain Toad Amiibo patch
- Mario Party 10

Pick one:
- First footage of a known but unseen quantity far from release (Star Fox or SMTxFE)
- First announcement of an unknown minor project or third-party collaboration (equivalent to Hyrule Warriors, announced this time last year)
- Confirmed localization of a known Japanese release (e.g. Bravely Second, Fatal Frame)

Don't count on it:
- Any release dates past April (i.e. Splatoon, Xenoblade X, and probably Majora's Mask)
- Anything concerning Zelda
- The next Nintendo/Platinum partnership
- N64 Virtual Console
- Mother 3

Seriously, don't count on it:
- Announcement of a major first-party flagship release (Metroid, this means you)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Okay here's my predictions;

- Yoshi Wool game sure does look pretty but good god so boring uuuuuuuggggggghhhh
- 3DS+ is already out elsewhere but let's pretend nobody in the USA knows
- BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: XENOBLADE 3DS
- Canvas Curse 2 is c00l
- 3DS sizzle reel of existing footage
- F-Zero still dead
- "But before we go, here's one last thing"
- Metroid still dead too

Gambit

I am not actually expecting Star Fox or Zelda until E3, so I am keeping realistic expectations. Having said that, my secret hope is:

Amiibo support for The Wonderful 101. Let your heroes join forces with Wonder-Red.

My predictions

- N3DS duh
- Xenoblade 3DS trailer with release window
- Majoras mask trailer with release date, possibly coinciding with N3DS
- Yoshi Wooly release date
- trailer of kirby
- Monster hunter 4
- Codename steam
- Please give me metroid.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I'm pretty sure that anything related to Animal Crossing U, Metroid Dread and U, Zelda, FE x SMT, Pokken U and FFrame V and Galaxy3 will, eventually, be at E3.

Okay here's my predictions;

- Yoshi Wool game sure does look pretty but good god so boring uuuuuuuggggggghhhh
- 3DS+ is already out elsewhere but let's pretend nobody in the USA knows
- BIG ANNOUNCEMENT: XENOBLADE 3DS
- Canvas Curse 2 is c00l
- 3DS sizzle reel of existing footage
- F-Zero still dead
- "But before we go, here's one last thing"
- Metroid still dead too
satanic post

Top Bottom