• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct EU [and now US] about Wii U + 3DS on 5th Dec @ 5pm GMT

Oersted

While we are it: Give us Tokyo Crash Mobs.

Skip also produced the WiiWare game Snowpack Park which released late 2010. Outside of that, though, nothing of note.

I'm concerned that Skip has collapsed. The lead Chibi-Robo guy left and joined Asobism (FreakyForms), and wasn't there talk about love-de-lic reforming? I dunno, sounds like Skip is in flux right now :/

Mentioned Snowpack earlier ;)

Collapsed. Really? They kept releasing some minor hits, some minor flops. And like it was already mentioned, they have been involved in Wii Play Motion. A game which look like a easy way to get some money.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Japanese ND is blue, so yes, just Wii U ( covering launch).
This means we'll have a specific 3DS Direct from Japan later in the month, since they need to announce release dates there too.

watershed

Banned
I don't know if it's the same one I read but new colors in the US doesn't sound that far-fetched to me. I would love to buy my 3DS XL black bundled with LM. Let's hope it's true.
The Dual Pixel one talks about 4 microphones, 2 3d cameras, 14 hour battery life at full brightness, a suite of ios like apps, and a second controller built in.

Oops, here's a bit more. A stylus and 3d camera combo that tracks motion in a 3d space. All for 200 bucks because Nintendo is eager to go out of business.

Keyouta

Pokemon ain't being announced til 2014, y'all getting too hopeful. *shakes cane*

I could see that being true, but then that'd mean by the time the games are localized for release here it'll be spring 2015! That's four years between the 3DS' release and the games! I sure hope not!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
3DSi basically with a 2014/15 date

sounds silly.

There's no way anyone outside Iwata's Secret Circle knows stuff like that a year in advance.

Maybe a week or two. Maybe. 01net's stuff was like at most a month, and some of it didn't even happen (particularly the "relaunch" of 3DS with "a focus on 2D" that was supposed to happen this year.)

I could see that being true, but then that'd mean by the time the games are localized for release here it'll be spring 2015! That's four years between the 3DS' release and the games! I sure hope not!

Took two and a half for the DS to get their first games, and those were announced over a year early as well.

Pharros

The Dual Pixel one talks about 4 microphones, 2 3d cameras, 14 hour battery life at full brightness, a suite of ios like apps, and a second controller built in.

znGMr.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The overhyping of this Nintendo Direct is amazing. People are going to be upset.

Usually expectations are kept low and people are pleasantly surprised. It's only a couple jokers going "TOTALLY GONNA ANNOUNCE SMG3 GAIS!!" that stand out for their audaciousness.

Most of the well wishers here probably won't even watch the thing.

trinest

I'm expecting just dates for things like Pikmin and Lego City. Probably not many suprises, but at this point information on stuff we know will be coming would be great.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
that was spaceworld

when has nintendo ever dropped a bomb in december? it's e3, september or never for this company.

First 3DS retail demos were in a December ND if I remember, went live later that day (in Japan.)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So, what, two and a half hours until Nintendo announces everything ever forever?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
So, what, two and a half hours until Nintendo announces everything ever forever?

Yay!

I strongly think that we will have "just" dates, videos and focus on already announced titles. As PAL 3ds and Wii U owner, having confirmation for dates and hopefully localization would be enough to make me happy

Nosgoroth

NDJP: One hour left. Since it's prelaunch, I don't think we'll get anything interesting at all from this.
NDEU/NDUS: Seven hours left. I wonder I wonder.

I think some more DLC for NSMB2 3DS was just announced (not the free one) so I guess we'll hear about it.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I don't think Nintendo has implied Nintendo Land would ever have DLC.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
The only DLC I need for Nintendoland is to make Monita stop telling me things in Yoshi's Fruit Cart. I have a star on the event, I know I need to eat all the fruit to leave a level. Stop it!

Shame I'm at work for the JP one. Was looking forward to watching it on the WiiU. Guess Shibata will have the pleasure of being my first.

Top Bottom