• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct EU [and now US] about Wii U + 3DS on 5th Dec @ 5pm GMT

HyperHip

ND JPN was pretty meh, but that was to be expected I guess. I'm gonna assume NOA added 3DS to their ND because not much will be shown on the Wii U side.

Danj

Sorry if this already got answered but this thread moved really quickly, anyone know if there's a way to watch the EU ND on a mobile phone? I'll probably be on the bus at 5pm GMT.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sorry if this already got answered but this thread moved really quickly, anyone know if there's a way to watch the EU ND on a mobile phone? I'll probably be on the bus at 5pm GMT.

it streamed fine for me on ipad, so I think its apple/html 5 friendly.

Bayonetta 2 news, please. Also Animal Crossing release date and Braverly Default (All the Braves?) for the west.

If there was anything to show for Bayo I think Japan would have shown it.
Expect some 2013 dates for Pikmin/101 (these I think will come out in the West first); Rayman etc.

Mostly going to be 3DS I feel.

chrono01

This is rumored for the NA Nintendo Direct [although not confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt]:

Edit - Removed due to being from Dual Pixels [and is likely 100% fake]. Sorry for the post.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
This is rumored for the NA Nintendo Direct [although not confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt]:

- Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) coming out in the US in January. The blue special edition Fire Emblem 3DS system will be released in limited numbers alongside the game.

- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) coming out in the US in February. A bundle with a black 3DS XL and a digital version of the game on the system will release alongside the game itself.

- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) will be confirmed for Q2 2013.

- New colors for 3DS and 3DS XL coming in 2013. 3DS XL color is purple. No word on what new color the 3DS will be getting.

- Full lineup of first and third party Wii U eShop and retail titles for the rest of the launch window will be detailed and dated.

- Pokemon 3DS XL limited edition system will launch alongside Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth (3DS) in Q2 2013. Not sure which limited edition one is being brought over yet.

Honestly, all of these announcement/reveals wouldn't surprise me. We'll see soon enough [in 90-ish minutes]!

3/4 different colors in one nintendo direct. I seriously doubt it.

chrono01

3/4 different colors in one nintendo direct. I seriously doubt it.
True, but then, the other two colors are being released [in limited quantities] along with their respective games. It's not too impossible for an announcement of one new "permanent" color [purple] and the LE Fire Emblem Blue/Pokemon-themed ones.

But yeah, you're probably right. Rumors like this [more often than not] aren't exactly factual. ~_~

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Purple would make me get an XL. Then again purple was the one colour NoE didn't release for the original 3DS. :(

Purple would make me get an XL. Then again purple was the one colour NoE didn't release for the original 3DS. :(

Now that I think about it, purple may be cool considering that it would also be in line with the indigo Gamecube. I'd just have to see it, pending that those rumors hold any truth to begin with.

chrono01

I'm still waiting for that "see-through" 3DSXL revealed a while back. >_<

photo25.jpg

It's currently only for "concept", but damn, it's sexy.

Laffer

I expect some good announcements because this ND is being heavily advertised, at least here in Spain. They sent emails, messages to our 3DS and banners with the countdown are everywhere, I just saw one in an online sport newspaper.

I bet they will also promote the 3DS XL promotion in which you get a free game from the e-shop.

Confirmation that Dragon Quest X is coming to EU/US would be great. Don't even need a specific date, just a time frame and lack of monthly fee!

Bravely Default localisation confirmation would be amazing too.

- Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS) coming out in the US in January. The blue special edition Fire Emblem 3DS system will be released in limited numbers alongside the game.

- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) coming out in the US in February. A bundle with a black 3DS XL and a digital version of the game on the system will release alongside the game itself.

- Animal Crossing: New Leaf (3DS) will be confirmed for Q2 2013.

- New colors for 3DS and 3DS XL coming in 2013. 3DS XL color is purple. No word on what new color the 3DS will be getting.

- Full lineup of first and third party Wii U eShop and retail titles for the rest of the launch window will be detailed and dated.

- Pokemon 3DS XL limited edition system will launch alongside Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Magnagate and the Infinite Labyrinth (3DS) in Q2 2013. Not sure which limited edition one is being brought over yet.

Honestly, all of these announcement/reveals wouldn't surprise me. We'll see soon enough [in 90-ish minutes]!

Duel Pixels! Nothing to see here, move along :p

chrono01

I can't be the only one who finds this hideous?
You're definitely not the only one [judging from past experiences with others], but I've always enjoyed consoles/controllers that are see-through. Something about being able to peak inside and see how all of the little components are joined together.

Phazon

Are they not reliable? Well, there goes my hopes. I actually really liked the Fire Emblem 3DS released in Japan, and would be tempted [even though I already own a launch 3DS].

Oh well. :(

They have never predicted something right. They're just making things up as they go along :p

chrono01

Sorry about posting the Dual Pixels supposed rumors. I have edited the original post to not include the "information". I had no idea that they were so inaccurate.

ND JPN was pretty meh, but that was to be expected I guess. I'm gonna assume NOA added 3DS to their ND because not much will be shown on the Wii U side.

They also need to continue pushing the 3DS in the West. It's not doing well -- since it's effectively still competing with the DS.

Neiteio

So if the JPN one is any indication, this Nintendo Direct will probably have Pikmin 3 stuff, and not much else!

Top Bottom