• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct strikes back on the 27th featuring Iwata-Kun~ & Love Plus [Over]

Indyana

Nintendo will be holding the second installment in its "Nintendo Direct" series of web broadcasts on the 27th. The show's Ustream page was updated with notice of the broadcast. The listing promises the latest information on Wii and 3DS.

To watch the broadcast for yourself, visit the Nintendo Direct Ustream page at 12:00 Noon (JST) on the 27th.

andriasang
Mock if old.

t1324954800z0.png

Thanks to Lord Ghirahim.

Link:
http://www.ustream.tv/user/Nintendo_Direct/shows

AniHawk

nintendo's probably going to announce that they won their secret lawsuit against sony, awarding them $100m and making them the owners of the playstation name.

pramath

Banned
So nothing important at all.

It depends. One really shouldn't expect announcements of the order of importance of, say, a new retail game reveal. However, revealing future functionality unlocks for the system, or say new eShop titles, via this sounds like a sensible idea. So we will probably get details about a future firmware update and more games and apps coming to the eShop.

@MUWANdo

Banned
He did reveal a few retail titles last time, I think - Japan-only stuff, of course. EDIT: he also announced the Club Nintendo raffle/Kid Icarus promotion

I can't remember if Reggie said anything useful, or even anything different to Iwata (aside from the "what is wrong with you?" thing).

Poyunch

Ugh I'm going to miss it this time. I need to be up early that day.

edit: Wait. That's like 7:00 PM PST. Nevermind haha.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Recap of the events from the dedicated topic the last time

I'll try:

Game announcements -
Hiki Osu (JP) aka Pushmo (US) aka Pullblox (EUR) - 3D puzzle game
Fab Style - dress up / fashion game of some sort
Hirai: Sakura Samurai - samurai game, may not make it out of Japan, looks cool.
Rune Factory 4 - not new announcement apparently, announcement is effectively a delay to 2012
Lost Heroes - RPG mixing Ultraman, Gundam and Kamen Rider characters
Thruspace hitting the eShop
Kid Icarus 3D Classic
Kirby's Adventure 3D Classic

Other games with new footage:
Dillon's Rolling Western
Harvest Moon
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Monster Hunter 3G
Freaky Forms: Your Creations Alive

Tool / Utility announcements -
3D video recording announced. Record 3D video for up to 10 minutes. Do interval / stop motion recording etc.
Itsuno ma ni Koukan Nikki (JP) / Nintendo Mailbox (EUR) / Swapnote (US). A messaging service that allows you to send 3D picture messages and doodles with sound.

Video announcements
Hulu Plus for the US (also on Wii)
New exclusive 3D video from Foster the People (US/EUR). "Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)"
Exclusive Michael Jackson's Thriller video starring the cast of Shrek
Red Bull and Eurosport sports videos.
Aardman Animation providing 3D Shaun the Sheep content early next year.

Firmware update will include
New StreetPass Plaza dungeon and puzzles. The quest game now allows two Miis / heroes from your party to battle alongside each other.
New firmware update adds ability to transfer 3DS software to other 3DS units
Basic eShop improvements

Mario Kart 7 / online details
Mario Kart 7 installs a Mario Kart Channel / App from where you can view/download player data, jump into a game etc.
You can recieve ghosts from other 3DS players via StreetPass/SpotPass - you can download up to 7 ghosts per track to enable an 8 player race, even when your friends aren't online.
8 player online, 60 FPS
Community features have been added, allowing you to create your own communities and share them.
New Iwata asks covers the community features etc.

Japan only
3000 people will be able to win special Mario-themed 3DS' by entering a competition / campagin
everyone that takes part gets 3D Classics: Kid Icarus for free

Some of the announcements have been made in the English version, hosted by Reggie.

tECdA.gif

mdtauk

That was damn fast! Here's hoping that the remain as regular video releases!

I wonder if they'll put this one up on the 3DS eShop this time?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hopefully there's a NA version and they announce the free deal for Kid Icarus 3D Classic for us also. :(

Remember when someone said we'd hear more about the wii u before the end of the year?

I doubt that we'll hear much new on the Wii U, but I'm sure we'll hear a few tidbits about it and maybe even a teaser video of one of the games.

I don't remember them saying this

Reggie himself said that we'd be hearing more about the Wii U before the end of this year. He was obviously referring to this Nintendo Direct video.

BowieZ

Banned
3DS predictions!

- Demos
- Release dates and new footage (Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion 2)
- separate Mario Kart 7 Channel app finalised - will include new downloadable SpotPass content over time (not saying whether it's new tracks or characters or what)
- details about new Nintendo Video content including new trailers
- details about NES and GBA games for non-Ambassador release
- new colors announced: Sunrise Orange and Jungle Green (in time for Golden Week)
- new announcements:
... Yoshi's 3D Island
... Untitled new Metroid adventure
... WaveRace Resort
... Majora's Mask 3D

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
I doubt that we'll hear much new on the Wii U, but I'm sure we'll hear a few tidbits about it and maybe even a teaser video of one of the games.

Reggie himself said that we'd be hearing more about the Wii U before the end of this year. He was obviously referring to this Nintendo Direct video.

Can you find this quote?

sakipon

I just hope they do the same thing as the first time: fill the Japanese eShop with downloadable 3D versions of all the cool trailers they show on the program. That was very neat.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Maybe we'll hear about a few more systems added to virtual handheld. Have SMS and Turbo shown up yet? I need to check the store.

Wonderswan and NGPC? That would be nice.

GCX

I think Nintendo wants to make this a quarterly thing. Last time Iwata focused on Q4 line-up and now we're probably going to hear about Q1 stuff.

My predictions:

-3DS sell talks
-MHtriG Sell talks
-New retail/download games
-updates
-new tools
-FF7/DQ7 Remake(goes well with that one rumor floating around gaf)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
More information on their Q1 Lineup - Luigis Mansion, Kid Icarus and Mario Tennis + NES and GBA Games eShop.

Great would be a method to transfer NES Wii purchases to 3DS.

beril

Me think that it will be a sales focused event plus some announcements

Isn't the point of Nintendo Direct mostly to talk directly to consumers? Maybe some quick bragging about the sales, but I think the more detailed sales talk will be saved for their next shareholder meeting

Top Bottom